Bally Aladdin's Castle does not reset completely but..

Chaz

Oct 19, 2021, 2:34:25 PM10/19/21
You can still play a game . I get 5 clock clock clock clock clock instead of 10,
on both score reels.. That's a new one for me .
Chaz

John Robertson

Oct 19, 2021, 4:27:34 PM10/19/21
Chaz,

Is that the sound you are hearing? It advances 5 then goes "clock" sound
five more times? I'd say the drum unit advance plunger/link/ratchet
needs attention...

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Chaz

Oct 19, 2021, 5:48:43 PM10/19/21
Hi John, thanks , No , after 5 (half way) the ball comes out you can play a game.
there's no "sound" it thinks it's at zero . The score reset relay only does half the job..
Chaz

John Robertson

Oct 19, 2021, 6:21:54 PM10/19/21
Does one or more score reels always stop at #5 or do they stop after
five advances of any score reels not at zero? It might be that one or
more score reel Runout Switches are closed when they shouldn't be,
leading the game logic to assume the reel is at "0". If Bally is all
open Runouts, same thought - one or more are open that shouldn't be...

Chaz

Oct 20, 2021, 5:18:34 PM10/20/21
They stop after five advances... the game is not in my house it's a friend,s game that I
restored for him about five years ago . we will do a facetime tomorrow (different city)
But Yes they stop after 5 advances and the ball kicks out ..
Chaz.

John Robertson

Oct 20, 2021, 6:36:52 PM10/20/21
On 2021/10/20 2:18 p.m., Chaz wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 October 2021 at 18:21:54 UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:

>>> Hi John, thanks , No , after 5 (half way) the ball comes out you can play a game.
>>> there's no "sound" it thinks it's at zero . The score reset relay only does half the job..
>>> Chaz
>>>
>> Does one or more score reels always stop at #5 or do they stop after
>> five advances of any score reels not at zero? It might be that one or
>> more score reel Runout Switches are closed when they shouldn't be,
>> leading the game logic to assume the reel is at "0". If Bally is all
>> open Runouts, same thought - one or more are open that shouldn't be...
>> John :-#)#
>>
> They stop after five advances... the game is not in my house it's a friend,s game that I
> restored for him about five years ago . we will do a facetime tomorrow (different city)
> But Yes they stop after 5 advances and the ball kicks out ..
> Chaz.

If they are stopping after five advances then the electronics is
'seeing' that the Drum Reset is complete and all are at zero. My
assumption is the schematics will show the switches that need to be
open/closed at zero and that is where checking for problems starts...

Do you have schematics?

Chaz

Oct 22, 2021, 5:53:03 PM10/22/21
Yes he has schematics , I'll go look at it on the weekend , but all the score reels
are well adjusted .. They just stop after 5 pulses and the ball kicks out ..
Normally the motor would keep running , I know . But not in that case...
There are 5 pulses missing .
I'll post back shortly , thanks John .
Chaz

John Robertson

Oct 22, 2021, 8:52:15 PM10/22/21
> Yes he has schematics , I'll go look at it on the weekend , but all the score reels
> are well adjusted .. They just stop after 5 pulses and the ball kicks out ..
> Normally the motor would keep running , I know . But not in that case...
> There are 5 pulses missing .
> I'll post back shortly , thanks John .
> Chaz

Quoting from the Operators Manual (we sell copies of this as well as the
schematics):

"The reset relay will operate the score motor. Both the reset and the
score reset relays will be locked-in thru a #1 score motor switch, or
until all score counter units are reset to zero position"

Chaz

Nov 1, 2021, 6:04:03 PM11/1/21
Hi John , dirty score motor switches ...
It is now humming , everything works fine ..
Thanks for you're help :)
Chaz