new mud installed

Spazt...@yahoo.com

Jan 6, 2003, 11:02:38 AM1/6/03
Brand new majorMud installed at

SPAZ.DYNIP.COM

Telnet in today and check it out..

REAL INFO AND VOICE VERIFICATION ARE REQUIRED!

peanutjake

Jan 6, 2003, 3:25:39 PM1/6/03

"spazt...@yahoo.com" <Spazt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Why?

bd

Jan 9, 2003, 8:42:37 PM1/9/03
spazt...@yahoo.com wrote:

"voice verification"? Why? How?

--
Replace spamtrap with bd to reply.
Wedding rings are the world's smallest handcuffs.

Dread Quixadhal

Jan 15, 2003, 8:09:16 PM1/15/03
In article <mok1f-...@ID-151211.user.cis.dfn.de>, bd wrote:
> spazt...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Brand new majorMud installed at
>>
>> SPAZ.DYNIP.COM
>>
>> Telnet in today and check it out..
>>
>> REAL INFO AND VOICE VERIFICATION ARE REQUIRED!
>
> "voice verification"? Why? How?

Sounds like a telemarketing scam to me. Be sure you disable
caller-id if you're going to call these guys!

Seriously, this is a free text-based game we're talking about
here, right? If the admins are paranoid/self-inflated enough
to want "voice verification" just to play, imagine what they'll
do to you in the game... *shiver*

Sorry if I'm off base here, but I didn't need voice verification
to get a free unix SHELL account, and that's far more ripe for
abuse than any mud. Good luck guys!

--

Microsoft Palladium - Where the Hell do you think YOU'RE going today?

Nigel Reed

Jan 15, 2003, 10:40:09 PM1/15/03
Well, that didn't last very long did it. You should maybe try spending
$10 or $20 and getting a proper mud host.

Regards
Nigel

--
Visit my favourite websites!
http://www.british-expats.com (My spare time)

Timothy Timbrook

Jan 17, 2003, 2:49:41 PM1/17/03
bd <spam...@bd-home-comp.no-ip.org> wrote in message news:<mok1f-...@ID-151211.user.cis.dfn.de>...

> spazt...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Brand new majorMud installed at
> >
> > SPAZ.DYNIP.COM
> >
> > Telnet in today and check it out..
> >
> > REAL INFO AND VOICE VERIFICATION ARE REQUIRED!
>
> "voice verification"? Why? How?

Makes sense to me since I'm old enough to remember what BBS'ing was
like. MajorMud, is (or atleast was), a BBS-based MUD. In the old days,
many BBS Ops who took their job seriously, would require people to
verify via a phone call to the BBS.

I suppose to people now days that does sound like overkill, but was
common for BBS to require it. I used to drift many of the good ole
BBSes.

Drifter