[NET GAME] Promised Land MUD

Crimefighter

Apr 29, 2003, 9:02:55 PM4/29/03
An abermud unlike many others, the Promised Land is on Betterbox at
telnet://promisedland.betterbox.net:6715 with our webpage at
http://promisedland.betterbox.net

A land many years ago that the Lord promised to the children of Israel, who
were led by Moses. In another reality of imagination that has nothing to do
with the Old Testament, another Promised Land has emerged, where a different
Moses exists, but the land is strickened by monsters, demons, sorcerers and
dragons. This land is watched over by four dieties, who are all willingly
to give you their blessings and the ability to save the land.

Give us your sick, your tired, your weiry...where everyone else has banished
you from their lands or discriminated against you, we welcome you
here...including all you AOL and Finnish users.

Promised Land features...

Support for the MUD Sound Protocol, yes you can hear the noises of questing
while you play once you download the pack of sounds from our website for use
with ZMUD, Mud Master, or WinTin. We are the first Abermud to have MSP
support.

Four different religions, where you can offer your collected souls, or their
desired artifacts, in exchange for physical gifts. Not every god can grant
the same gifts, but some gifts are invaluable. Plus you don't have to stick
with the same one the whole game, or pick one at all.

Instead of picking all your stats on the login screen, you can perform
character creation any time you want to after entering the game via multiple
training centers, where you get any skill you need, spells, strength
building, and healing rates. What you learn may determine what you
become...a warrior, thief, mage, or priest. The most important training
center...the orientation tour, teaches you how to handle yourself in the
early goings and gives you the necessary starter equipment. Our friendly
receptionist will give you some early valuable advice.

A total of 67 hardcoded quests, each with a defined goal--some are easy,
some are difficult, but there's a quest for players of any level. During
your entire run, you must find the twenty lost volumes of knowledge--guarded
by various foes. We also have fun & games, hide&seek, bounty hunts, trivia,
capture the flag, poker quests--find five cards and make the best hand for a
prize, and scrabble quests--find enough tiles to make a high-scoring word.

Bodypart fighting, if you're not careful, you could get your arm chopped
off...if you're decapitated, you're gone forever! (But the gods can grant
protection from this if you give them an offer they can't refuse.) Visit
the hospital for your medical care! But snakes, worms, slugs won't have
arms or legs; ghosts, spirits, slimes and molds don't have a physical body
to hack limbs off; and the Headless Horseman truly doesn't have a head.
Vampires are also distinct, you can stab a vampire thru the heart with your
weapon to finish them off.

Unlike most Dikus, all fights with monsters are fair...no monsters exist
that do 500 damage to a mortal on one blow here. Those that aren't...well,
you aren't supposed to fight them anyway--but if you're tough enough, go
ahead! But unlike most Abers, mobiles regain strength and some may run from
you! If you want to fight a player instead, you can challenge them, or
fight it out inside the arena. Every so often, we'll have a playerkill
tournament--spend your money and offer your souls to build a winning tourney
fighter...or if you want to watch them fight it out...we have a grandstand
area complete with a sports broadcaster calling play by play. Team
deathmatch is also possible with up to ten teams attempting to take all the
enemy flags.

Learn the secret of ethereal, it may save you some time in your quest.

Unlike most Dikus where you need billions of points, the number of points
needed to become immortal is 500,000. And even after you immort, you can
remort to run some more, and challenge the evil Black Knight!

And if your first run to wizard is too easy, you can do it again under famed
mode (hard), or great mode (hardest), and even a levelless mode with a
combination of the difficulty modes (hard to near impossible!)

What about the zones? We have a nice mix of classic Abermud zones, along
with new original zones, and enhanced adaptations of some Diku-Circlemud
zones spanning over 135 zones, 6800 rooms, 2600 mobiles, and 4500 objects.

Don't miss out on a different kind of mudding experience, Promised Land on
our site at http://promisedland.betterbox.net for the website and Java
telnet, or with a telnet client in color:
telnet://promisedland.betterbox.net:6715

"Hey I went one time and there wasn't anyone there!" Well, it doesn't occur
very often these days but there is an INFO file so you can see who's been
there lately that's level three or greater--INFO PLAYERS.

--
Crimefighter -- smlucas-=<([a])>=-flashmail.com
Co-Creator, Promised Land MUD -- http://promisedland.betterbox.net