WHY? (Moorcock, Car Wars etc)

der Mouse

Dec 21, 1992, 12:53:41 PM12/21/92
In article <BzJ2q...@polaris.async.vt.edu>, jf...@polaris.async.vt.edu (Joel K. Furr) writes:

> It's at least as intellectual an experience as HotTubsMUCK... er, I
> mean, GoldenShowersMUCK... no wait, what is it? Oh, right,
> FurryMUCK.

*What* is your *problem*, Joel? Everybody else seems capable of
ignoring muds they don't care for. I am not into the hack-and-slay
scene - but I don't go around perverting LP and Diku names just for the
sake of being obnoxious. I'm not into everything you do, but I don't
make a point of gratuitously insulting the things I don't like.

If you can't take the furry scene, please, just pretend it doesn't
exist.

der Mouse

mo...@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

Joel K. Furr

Dec 21, 1992, 2:31:16 PM12/21/92
In article <1992Dec21.1...@thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu> mo...@thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu (der Mouse) writes:
>In article <BzJ2q...@polaris.async.vt.edu>, jf...@polaris.async.vt.edu (Joel K. Furr) writes:
>
>> It's at least as intellectual an experience as HotTubsMUCK... er, I
>> mean, GoldenShowersMUCK... no wait, what is it? Oh, right,
>> FurryMUCK.
>
>*What* is your *problem*, Joel? Everybody else seems capable of
>ignoring muds they don't care for. I am not into the hack-and-slay
>scene - but I don't go around perverting LP and Diku names just for the
>sake of being obnoxious. I'm not into everything you do, but I don't
>make a point of gratuitously insulting the things I don't like.

My apologies, Mouse, I just enjoy poking fun at Furries, especially Foxen,
because sometimes you get entertaining poking back. :|

Andrew C. Crowell

Dec 21, 1992, 6:52:47 PM12/21/92

From what I can tell, he can't. Children are easily amused in that way...

DACC.

Foxen

Dec 21, 1992, 11:00:23 PM12/21/92
jf...@polaris.async.vt.edu (Joel K. Furr) writes:

>My apologies, Mouse, I just enjoy poking fun at Furries, especially Foxen,
>because sometimes you get entertaining poking back. :|

I find this particularly funny, because personally, I haven't logged onto ANY
MU* is over two and a half months. And it's been something like six months
since I have gotten involved in anything even vaguely resembling TinySex.

TinySex is slow, boring, and pointless for the most part, to me. After all,
there are only so many different ways that you can gasp with pleasure. =)
Perhaps I'm unimaginitive, but I just don't find it that intersting.

Now isn't it silly to try to aim pokes about TS on FurryMUCK at me?
I'm probably one of the most innocent players on there. (or off there,
as the case currently is. =)

- Foxen

--
___ __ ___ _ . _^^ ____ fo...@netcom.netcom.com
\ / | | \ | | | -> '-" \______/___/ Yet Another Furry Fan (YAFF!)
| |___ | \ | o //|| ||| Holy Fur of Ilura!"

Joel K. Furr

Dec 22, 1992, 2:29:18 PM12/22/92
In article <1992Dec22.0...@netcom.com> fo...@netcom.com (Foxen) writes:
>jf...@polaris.async.vt.edu (Joel K. Furr) writes:
>>
>>My apologies, Mouse, I just enjoy poking fun at Furries, especially Foxen,
>>because sometimes you get entertaining poking back. :|
>
>I find this particularly funny, because personally, I haven't logged onto ANY
>MU* is over two and a half months. And it's been something like six months
>since I have gotten involved in anything even vaguely resembling TinySex.
>
>TinySex is slow, boring, and pointless for the most part, to me. After all,
>there are only so many different ways that you can gasp with pleasure. =)
>Perhaps I'm unimaginitive, but I just don't find it that intersting.

Well, yeah, Foxen, but the thing is, people have TWISTED your legacy into
something... naughty. Remember that Foxish language you went around
using, the one with words like "yiff" and "yerf"? If I understand the
current Furry thought correctly, "yiff" is now taken to stand for "young
innocent furry f***able."

Imagine what would happen if they somehow transmogrified *Revar* into a
lust goddess as they've done with Foxen? Now _that_ would result in some
very bizarre customs and traditions indeed. People shambling around in
negligees with fake bat wings attached to the back, made from black lace,
wearing fake bat ears and wearing plastic fangs, hissing at each other in
Transylvanian accents and saying things like "hey, bat-baby, want to go
split a bottle of Old Mole?"

Naaah.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flames over whether CoolMUD
or MOO is better.

Foxen

Dec 22, 1992, 7:24:53 PM12/22/92
jf...@polaris.async.vt.edu (Joel K. Furr) writes:

>Imagine what would happen if they somehow transmogrified *Revar* into a
>lust goddess as they've done with Foxen? Now _that_ would result in some
>very bizarre customs and traditions indeed. People shambling around in
>negligees with fake bat wings attached to the back, made from black lace,
>wearing fake bat ears and wearing plastic fangs, hissing at each other in
>Transylvanian accents and saying things like "hey, bat-baby, want to go
>split a bottle of Old Mole?"

Nawwwwww. What you'd get is a bunch of dead people mysteriously missing
a few quarts of blood. =)

- Foxen/Revar