economics, more real?

Hans Mitloehner

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
Are there any MUDs with plausible economics simulation and related player
commands? Like e.g. letting players set up their own shops to sell the
stuff they find on their journeys? With the revenues one could then hire
private armies of mercenaries (just one idea here). Is something like this
already happening somewhere?

-Johnboy

Nicolas Bryant

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95
In article <3ujd5a$4...@osiris.wu-wien.ac.at>,

There used to be an LPMud called "Moral Decay" which did something like
this - corpse processing palnts made alcohol which could be made into
spirits and then sold in pubs. I've no idea if it still exists or what
the address is if it does. Anyone?

Nick Bryant

* "I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. | nic...@ibmpcug.co.uk *
* Accuracy is irrelevant. You will be approximated." | n...@st-and.ac.uk *

Dave Austin

Jul 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/22/95
In article: <3ujd5a$4...@osiris.wu-wien.ac.at> mitl...@aid.wu-wien.ac.at (Hans Mitloehner) writes:

> Are there any MUDs with plausible economics simulation and related player
> commands? Like e.g. letting players set up their own shops to sell the
> stuff they find on their journeys? With the revenues one could then hire
> private armies of mercenaries (just one idea here). Is something like this
> already happening somewhere?

Yes, Avalon has a full economic system, including, but certainly not restricted to, players
setting up their own shops, the hiring of mercenaries etc. Players do not tend to sell "the stuff
they find on their journeys" , they are far more likely to sell armour, magical items, herbs and
poisons, runes and potions which they have made/prepared using their skills, or those of other
players.

Dave Austin
--
+ - The Legend Lives - Avalon-rpg.com 23 (204.248.237.2 23) - +
+ - - http://www.avalon.co.uk - - +

Top Quark

Apr 2, 2013, 10:02:11 AM4/2/13
On Friday, July 21, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Nicolas Bryant wrote:
> In article <3ujd5a$4...@osiris.wu-wien.ac.at>,
> Hans Mitloehner <mitl...@aid.wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> >Are there any MUDs with plausible economics simulation and related player
> >commands? Like e.g. letting players set up their own shops to sell the
> >stuff they find on their journeys? With the revenues one could then hire
> >private armies of mercenaries (just one idea here). Is something like this
> >already happening somewhere?
>
> There used to be an LPMud called "Moral Decay" which did something like
> this - corpse processing palnts made alcohol which could be made into
> spirits and then sold in pubs. I've no idea if it still exists or what
> the address is if it does. Anyone?
>
> Nick Bryant
>

> --
> * "I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. | nic...@ibmpcug.co.uk *