Whats happened to Shadow's Edge?

Chris Cheshire

Aug 11, 1994, 5:20:21 AM8/11/94
Anyoneknow what has happened to Shadows Edge (192.195.202.22 4000) ???

The last few days when I have tried to connect all i get is
trying 192.195.202.22.......

No connection refused or host unreachable....it just sits there chewing its
cud......

Any ideas?

--

"If at first you don't succeed then
deny you were even trying!"

Chris Cheshire
c922...@cs.newcastle.edu.au

Karen Friesen

Aug 13, 1994, 10:26:16 AM8/13/94
Chris Cheshire (c922...@peach.newcastle.edu.au) wrote:
: Anyoneknow what has happened to Shadows Edge (192.195.202.22 4000) ???

Don't worry, it's back up now. The computer it runs on was down
for a few days. At least it wasn't six months this time.

Karen Friesen "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice
Victoria BC remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the
kfri...@amtsgi.bc.ca cat. "We're all mad here." --Lewis Carroll

samm...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2014, 9:19:10 PM10/10/14
I miss this place, wish it wouldn't have died. I still do a search to see if there is any news about it, even after all these years.

ard...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2014, 7:37:24 AM12/18/14
Maybe if it comes back some day Loki's boots will work for you ;)

Kingsley

Sep 15, 2015, 7:34:47 PM9/15/15
What happened to all of you?

I went from Shadow's Edge to telecom to making video games for a living. I think about SE now and then.

Hope you're all well!

-Kingsley

mdr...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2015, 5:37:15 PM12/8/15
Waxer here... I live now where Goofic and Loren lived (Seattle).

Who are you guys?

mdr...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2015, 5:39:51 PM12/8/15

Kingsley, do you have the source code for the lib? If anyone knows any of the old Gods with a copy of the lib, I can spin up a server and have it up and running!

mdr...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2015, 5:47:58 PM12/8/15
I code web sites for a living in C# and NodeJS.

I would love to get the old gang back together and see the mud live again. I'm willing to pay for the server, and try to get it working again.

I'm looking for Samm and Loren and Goofic. Still friends with Arak, but I've lost touch with Gendor.

mdr...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2015, 5:49:15 PM12/8/15
OMG And Chakan, how can I forget Chakan? I want him to wave his dead rat at me again!

Andy Valencia

Dec 9, 2015, 11:42:55 AM12/9/15
mdr...@gmail.com writes:
> Waxer here... I live now where Goofic and Loren lived (Seattle).

Speaking of the Pacific NW, rag.com 2222 is still online.

Andy Valencia
Home page: http://www.vsta.org/andy/
To contact me: http://www.vsta.org/contact/andy.html

travi...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2015, 5:39:06 PM12/14/15
Guardian here, now living north of Tampa, happily married to Emilai. We been together 21 years now. Zebulas is now in the Northeast, teaching. Yoldie is down in Miami area for a while. Last I knew, Terry was the last one to have a working copy of the lib with all the areas, and he turned weird and pretty much destroyed it when he brought it up briefly at one time. Changed a lot of things. :( I have an old copy of the lib around that Devil gave me at one point, but none of the areas. :( Still miss getting together with everyone on Friday nights.

gahlor...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2016, 2:28:17 PM2/9/16
Gahlord is in Vermont. :D Peace all you originals!

Etem .Tezcan

Aug 30, 2016, 5:19:14 AM8/30/16
11 Ağustos 1994 Perşembe 12:20:21 UTC+3 tarihinde Chris Cheshire yazdı:
Hello Fellow Edgers
Ged here, Greetings from Turkey

enlil

Feb 11, 2017, 4:15:10 AM2/11/17
On Thursday, August 11, 1994 at 2:20:21 AM UTC-7, Chris Cheshire wrote:
Enlil here need willowwood bow.. skyler plz help.

jwes...@rvaschools.net

Mar 22, 2017, 11:39:54 AM3/22/17
On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 5:39:06 PM UTC-5, travi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Guardian here, now living north of Tampa, happily married to Emilai. We been together 21 years now. Zebulas is now in the Northeast, teaching. Yoldie is down in Miami area for a while. Last I knew, Terry was the last one to have a working copy of the lib with all the areas, and he turned weird and pretty much destroyed it when he brought it up briefly at one time. Changed a lot of things. :( I have an old copy of the lib around that Devil gave me at one point, but none of the areas. :( Still miss getting together with everyone on Friday nights.

Guardian!! Hows it going!!! It's Jamie, the last member of the bounty hunters

drol...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2018, 4:39:32 PM1/17/18
Natasha here, hope all is well with everyone, I still keep in touch with Goofic on facebook and lost track of pretty much everyone else except Lynch who passed a way a few years ago. "With a tip of his hat and a flourish of his cloak the ethereal being known as Natasha returns to the shadows of eternal darkness"

Andy Valencia

Jan 17, 2018, 10:49:53 PM1/17/18
drol...@gmail.com writes:
> Natasha here, hope all is well with everyone,

For the Ragnarok folks, I hope Fizban and Galadriel are well!

Baltor
(Squintmud)

serkan.h...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2018, 10:06:16 PM3/10/18
Spark, here. One of the Turkish guys.
Have been living in California for the last 22 years.
It has been so long. Nice to see recent activity here.

Kingsley

Apr 19, 2018, 7:51:26 PM4/19/18
I don't have the source code, unfortunately. Though I would love to get the last known good build for old time's sake.

dietrich....@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2019, 10:01:46 AM8/6/19
Well, I'm a little late to this reunion party, but I'm currently living in Louisville KY. Good to know some of you are still out there!

-Zebulon

Chris H

Nov 22, 2020, 5:45:59 PM11/22/20
For some reason, I don't find you living in Vermont surprising. Did you carve a niche in the music industry, bard?

-Hratch....living in Denver.

Earl McCay

Feb 25, 2022, 7:47:39 PM2/25/22

Yo Kingsley! Trout here. Thanks for all the gear handoffs. Every couple years I google Shadow's Edge Mud just in case... god I miss it.

Yo I need someone to teleport me in case I get swallowed :P

RazdudeUbuntuStyle

Mar 28, 2022, 9:53:13 PM3/28/22
On Friday, February 25, 2022 at 6:47:39 PM UTC-6, Earl McCay wrote:
> Yo Kingsley! Trout here. Thanks for all the gear handoffs. Every couple years I google Shadow's Edge Mud just in case... god I miss it.
>
> Yo I need someone to teleport me in case I get swallowed :P

Remmy wouldn't lick ya King ....

Raz here.

I don't know what got into me to just do a regular search, but hey. You guys are great! I see Chakan on FB at times. I don't really do much with that other than see what others are up to.

Me? I still live in Iowa. Now at the MN/Iowa boarder with my "Wife" and 3 children ==> 9,8 and 6. Yeah. I started late, but hey. I see 28 years together for Guardian and Emilia.

So so kool to see you all still kicking!

Sean

RazdudeUbuntuStyle

Mar 28, 2022, 10:02:14 PM3/28/22
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 3:39:32 PM UTC-6, drol...@gmail.com wrote:
> Natasha here, hope all is well with everyone, I still keep in touch with Goofic on facebook and lost track of pretty much everyone else except Lynch who passed a way a few years ago. "With a tip of his hat and a flourish of his cloak the ethereal being known as Natasha returns to the shadows of eternal darkness"
Whaaaaat!?!?!

Dang.That sucks tons :( Late to it, but will miss ya Brian. Keep playing the guitar!

Sean - aka Raz.

Karen

Aug 20, 2022, 10:41:27 AM8/20/22
Hi everyone! I think I was Lizbef on here. Just missing the old days. Hope everyone is doing well!!