Realms Mud is it up?

Joshua Munn

Feb 15, 1994, 12:26:33 PM2/15/94
Is realms mud up ? Because i've have not been able to connect in the past
5 days. Everytime i try to connect it timesout on me. Is it my system or
is realms mud down?
please mail me at cb...@ecl.psu.edu or cfb...@psuvm.psu.edu
--Thanks

Lawrence LeMay

Feb 16, 1994, 2:24:28 PM2/16/94
In article <94046.122...@psuvm.psu.edu>,

Yes, Realmsmud is definitely up. We did switch to a faster computer, so
try one of these:

telnet realms.dorsai.org 1501
telnet donal.dorsai.org 1501

And since i keep seeing these 'how do I play a mud' questions... After you
telnet to the machine, it will ask for your character name and password.
If you havent played before, you just make up whatever name you like. Then
you can look around, type 'help', etc. You may want to try the 'players'
command, which shows the guild of each player currently on the game
(guilds are fighter, mage, bard, priest, druid, necromancer, thief....)

You can ask people in the various guilds for help, though usually you
join a guild and then the higher level players help out the lower level
players. Though as a newbie its usually possible to get help from just
about anyone. The important thing to remember is to ASK.

-James of Realmsmud

Fred the Janitor

Feb 16, 1994, 2:36:31 PM2/16/94
Joshua Munn <CFB...@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:

> Is realms mud up ?

Ahh... the age old question. Well, the answer is "Yep"

It has, however, moved to a new site:
realms.dorsai.org 1501 (or donal.dorsai.org 1501)
198.3.127.6 1501

Maeglin@Realms (whatever...)

broge...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2016, 12:47:51 PM12/19/16
Just saw this post. Didn't think this existed anymore but remember spending countless hours playing in college.

a...@maelstrom.cc

Feb 7, 2017, 6:15:39 PM2/7/17

> Just saw this post. Didn't think this existed anymore but remember spending countless hours playing in college.

It's still up, though it's been at: realmsmud.org 1501 for the last 15 years or so...