AnotherMud is Back! (Yet again)

Matuse

Dec 10, 1994, 5:53:24 PM12/10/94
Greetings mudders and muddettes, after going through some annoying site
problems, AnotherMud has returned at spider.compart.fi 4000! So all the
people who have been mailing me asking when it will be up...PLEASE STOP! :)

For those who have never played Another, heres a rundown of neato-keeno
features:

1024x1024 space worldmap...get to know the real distance to those out of
the way areas while exploring the continents of the earth.
-Coming soon: 1) Random wilderness encounters, the farther you get from
midgaard, the more dangerous they get
2) Automated caravans, for a nominal fee, get quick and
safe transport to one of the (soon to be completed) towns around the world.
3) Global weather patterns...weather now has more meaning
than just if you can cast call lightning or not. Global location affects
the local weather, and if you go somewhere with bad weather, you'll feel
it (never walk through the desert at noon...or the arctic at midnight).

20 Classes!!
All players start with the basic 4 classes, but once you reach 50th level,
you have the option to specialize into a new and (possible) more powerful
class! Each main class has 4 subclasses, each with unique skills and
(where applicable) spells.

Unique Meta-Shop
Our three part meta system allows for customization of YOUR character the
way YOU want it. No more meta shops where everyone ends up with the exact
same stats and a bizillion hitpoints/mana...bodypart replacement allows for
the player to choose which stats to increase, while not allowing
supercharacters with numerous 25+ statistics.

Cool Mobiles!
No, I won't make any ridiculous claim of "smart" mobiles, but we do have
some of the most creative special procedures on any mud i've seen (and
trust me, i've seen a lot).

Automated Law System!
If you attack the wrong people, and the cityguards see you do it, the
chief guard will hunt you down. Even if you rent, when you come back,
he'll start chasing you again...even if the game has crashed in the meantime!

Tons of areas!
Many areas, many of them unique to AnotherMud, custom written by an
immortal staff who must work or be removed from god status (no Apocalypse
with its many thousand pages of wizlist immortals). And of course we also
have a lot of the "old favorites" for people who want areas they are
familiar with.

Kind deathtraps!
No more losing all equipment when you deathtrap! Instead you lose all
your carried gold, and your hp/mana/move are knocked down to
1...eminantly kinder than the horror most other muds make you go through.

Eq Stability!
We have not been required to make a reimbursement to a character for
game-bug reasons in over a year...the only times its needed is if a character
dies and the game crashes before (s)he can recover. No more waiting in
hour long reimbursement lines for some overtaxed immortal to load all the
equipment you lost back.

Login Credits!
We practice what I preach! Check 'em out, they are just SOOOOO cool :)

Selective pkilling!
If you don't want to participate in pkilling, then just turn on a
(non-reversible) flag and be immune to pkilling/pstealing forever. All corpse
lootings are logged, so if someone ransacks your corpse, you can immediately
find out who did it!

Our Imps are Danes!
Ok, well this isn't exactly a feature...but they do stay out of mortal
business, no need to worry about imps forcing everyone to do stupid things,
or having some dorky imp get bored and decide to fuck with your character
for the hell of it.

So check us out, at spider.compart.fi 4000, 24/7, and have fun!!!

---end utterly shameless plug

Lars Balker Rasmussen

Dec 15, 1994, 8:09:15 AM12/15/94
In article <matuseD0...@netcom.com>,

mat...@netcom.com (Matuse) writes:
>Our Imps are Danes!
>Ok, well this isn't exactly a feature...but they do stay out of mortal
>business, no need to worry about imps forcing everyone to do stupid things,
>or having some dorky imp get bored and decide to fuck with your character
>for the hell of it.

Hey, Matt, where's the connection between Dane and honest?
(Or is it Dane and lazy, I can never remember.)

Gnort, who was really doing schoolwork, not reading news at all.
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen <a href="http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~gnort/">Click!</a>

What we don't understand, we destroy. -- Canter & Siegel

Matuse

Dec 15, 1994, 8:31:51 AM12/15/94
In article <gnort.787496955@tours> gn...@daimi.aau.dk (Lars Balker Rasmussen) writes:
>In article <matuseD0...@netcom.com>,
> mat...@netcom.com (Matuse) writes:
>>Our Imps are Danes!
>>Ok, well this isn't exactly a feature...but they do stay out of mortal
>>business, no need to worry about imps forcing everyone to do stupid things,
>>or having some dorky imp get bored and decide to fuck with your character
>>for the hell of it.
>
>Hey, Matt, where's the connection between Dane and honest?
>(Or is it Dane and lazy, I can never remember.)

Well, I'd say what the link between Danes and XXX is, but both Luft and
Flagg read here, and I like my god at the level he is :)

yamato....@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2014, 9:43:05 AM3/13/14
OK - where is AnotherMUD?! This was pure awesomeness during my college days. Please bring this MUD back. I'm even prepared to completely host and support it with the condition that Weckle, Week are brought on as honorary gods / robots.

Serious about hosting and support - open offer.

micke...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2015, 9:58:42 AM11/20/15
Den torsdag 13 mars 2014 kl. 14:43:05 UTC+1 skrev yamato....@gmail.com:
> OK - where is AnotherMUD?! This was pure awesomeness during my college days. Please bring this MUD back. I'm even prepared to completely host and support it with the condition that Weckle, Week are brought on as honorary gods / robots.
>
> Serious about hosting and support - open offer.

That would be realy great, though I dont know if there are ppl around with the code these days.

Peter Westman

Dec 6, 2020, 6:31:17 PM12/6/20
I belive I will never give up the hope of playing AnotherMUD again. And ofc these days a small fee for the one hosting it wouldn't wrong. Take care all of you who loves (not loved..) AnotherMUD!

/Peter