Mammoth miniatures?

Jesse Joseph Acosta

Jan 25, 2003, 5:25:54 PM1/25/03
I'm looking for a Mammoth miniature to add to my warband for Warhammer
Skirmish. Currently, my army is a mix of miniatures from Reaper,
I-Kore, and Foundry. I might also get some Confrontation miniatures as
well. But currently, I'm looking for more interesting creatures to add
to my group. I know I can get bears from Foundry and Games Workshop.
Hunting Dogs, Wolves, etc I can also get between GW and Foundry. But
my main search is for a War Mammoth. Does anyone know of any company
that produces War Mammoths?
-Jesse

Fallenhunter

Jan 25, 2003, 8:22:38 PM1/25/03
Jesse Joseph Acosta wrote:

Besides spending a mint and a half to get the one from GW/Forgeworld, I
dont know of any off top of my head.

Fallenhunter

Mark Jarvis

Jan 26, 2003, 6:24:39 AM1/26/03
Strangely enough, Mammoth Miniatures do a reasonable resin Mammoth.

See here :-

http://mammoth-miniatures.co.uk/

"Jesse Joseph Acosta" <nom...@icehouse.net> wrote in message

Paul Ashton

Jan 26, 2003, 3:28:12 PM1/26/03
Here I go again. We have a Mammoth in our Garrison Sword & Sorcery range
www.amazonminiatures.com
> Fantasy
> Garrison Sword & Sorcery

However, DESPITE that, I would suggest that for going with Warhammer figures
you may be able to pick up a toy mammoth in plastic that might be just that
bit bigger. Ours is the size of a 25mm elephant (it was based on the same
original sculpt)

Paul
Amazon Miniatures

Sargonarhes

Jan 26, 2003, 4:34:13 PM1/26/03

"Jesse Joseph Acosta" <nom...@icehouse.net> wrote in message

DZ Miniatures have Mammoths, but North Star Figures are the exclusive sales
and distribution point for DZ Miniatures. I haven't seen a single Mammoth of
the North Star site mostly WW II minis.
I found this out on the web site The Miniatures Pages.
http://theminiaturespage.com

"Bo" Mathews

Jan 26, 2003, 5:28:50 PM1/26/03
Jesse,

Just buy some plastic "toy" mammoths and build a howdah to go on the
back of them. I am doing this for my chaos and also for my orc armies
(albiet they ARE 15mm, and the chaos are getting rhinos and the orcs
giant warthogs - both from "Dollar Tree" for $1 each).

"Bo"