[WHFB] Ha!

MoonsOfJupiter

May 4, 2009, 12:54:46 PM5/4/09
My wife took my 9 year-old daughter away for he weekend, so I tought my Six
year old son to play warhammer.

He beat me with Dwarfs against my Orcs. He shot me up good and all my stuff
ran off the table. Stupid orcs.

--

:O:
wd

Matt C

May 4, 2009, 2:27:15 PM5/4/09
> snip

> I tought
> my Six year old son to play warhammer.
>

> snip

Another one turned to the dark side.
Well done.

Chris Jones

May 4, 2009, 3:24:04 PM5/4/09
I'm collecting Orks for my 3 year old son at his request. He says he
likes Orks and likes to sing an Orky song. Zug, zug, zug. Zuggety zug
zug... (Sort of like the Orks from Warcraft II...)
Actually, the first lot (AoBR) are being painted in secret for the wife,
to see if she'll at least try a game. It's either the most or least
romantic thing I've ever done.

M Roberts

May 4, 2009, 4:24:44 PM5/4/09
"Chris Jones" <home...@telus.net> wrote in message

> Actually, the first lot (AoBR) are being painted in secret for the wife,
> to see if she'll at least try a game. It's either the most or least
> romantic thing I've ever done.

Heh. Good luck with that. I know which option my money's on ...

Cheers, Martyn

MoonsOfJupiter

May 4, 2009, 4:47:34 PM5/4/09

"Matt C" <no...@noway.jose> wrote in message

He does really well. He's be playing Age of Empires/Age of Mythology and
other RTS on PC since he was five. We've played the Basic D&D set since Xmas
last year too. So this has been the next step along the way. He does have to
trust me when I tell him stuff like he hits on fours and wounds on fives...
:o)

--

:O:
wd

MoonsOfJupiter

May 4, 2009, 4:49:22 PM5/4/09

"Chris Jones" <home...@telus.net> wrote in message

> Actually, the first lot (AoBR) are being painted in secret for the wife,
> to see if she'll at least try a game. It's either the most or least
> romantic thing I've ever done.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I started the Greenies 7 years
ago...

--

:O:
wd

Chris Jones

May 5, 2009, 10:28:43 AM5/5/09

Don't tell me - they're not finished yet, right?

MoonsOfJupiter

May 5, 2009, 11:26:33 AM5/5/09
"Chris Jones" <home...@telus.net> wrote in message

Of course not. I've only just started painting them. I get in about 3 hours
a week of painting time. I should be finished in 2020 or so.

Then its on to the Wood Elves :o)

:O:
wd

MoonsOfJupiter

May 5, 2009, 12:24:45 PM5/5/09
"MoonsOfJupiter" <bi...@moonsofjupiter.com> wrote in message

This is the first one I did like 8 years ago, whenever 6th ed was first
released -- It was for a painting comp at the GW store to win a boxed set of
the new release of 6th Ed. I placed 4th out of 44. Got a WH40K keychain for
it.
http://moonsofjupiter.com/rgmw/pic02.jpg
http://moonsofjupiter.com/rgmw/pic03.jpg

Here's some of what I've done recently -- about 80% done:
http://moonsofjupiter.com/rgmw/pic04.jpg

The command group is just getting started:
http://moonsofjupiter.com/rgmw/pic05.jpg

Here's the whole unit:
http://moonsofjupiter.com/rgmw/pic06.jpg

My daughter likes to paint the swords and anything else that's silver:
http://moonsofjupiter.com/rgmw/pic01.jpg

Only 250 more models to go...

:O:
wd

Matt C

May 5, 2009, 2:58:53 PM5/5/09
"MoonsOfJupiter" <bi...@moonsofjupiter.com> wrote in

well it's 19:58 now, so that's only 22 minutes

Chris Jones

May 6, 2009, 1:41:32 PM5/6/09

/facepalm...

Christ...@web.de

May 8, 2009, 3:19:50 AM5/8/09
Nice work. The Orcs do look well, just give them brown bases for
better contrast with all that green skin.
Regards Christof

MoonsOfJupiter

May 8, 2009, 8:48:08 AM5/8/09
<Christ...@web.de> wrote in message

> Nice work. The Orcs do look well, just give them brown bases for
> better contrast with all that green skin.
> Regards Christof

Yes, I've been giving some thought to the bases -- Maybe its tme for
something other than Goblin Green and a flock dip.

Gravel and static grass -- basing tips anyone?

--

:O:
wd

Chris Jones

May 8, 2009, 10:58:00 AM5/8/09

Glue the sand down then when dry, wash the sand with a weak PVA solution
to seal it in. Brown basecoat, deneb stone drybrush. Mud wash, or sepia
if you want it lighter. Scorched grass. Nice.

MoonsOfJupiter

May 8, 2009, 11:55:12 AM5/8/09
"Chris Jones" <home...@telus.net> wrote in message

Thanks. Do you cover the whole base with sand, or do you leave a space where
you're going to attach the grass?

--

:O:
wd

Chris Jones

May 8, 2009, 1:01:42 PM5/8/09
MoonsOfJupiter wrote:

> Thanks. Do you cover the whole base with sand, or do you leave a space where
> you're going to attach the grass?

I sand the whole top of the base, as I don't really plan where I'm going
to put the grass - I just put it where I feel like it. I usually do the
sanding before priming too, but I have based after painting. Once you
put the glue on the top of the base, dip the model into the sand and
twist it back and forth to get the sand all over, then leave it to dry
before sealing it.

Don't waste Calthan Brown on the bases - I went to the craft store and
bought a large tube of brown acrylic paint which was close to Calthan
Brown and used that. I do paint Calthan around the edge of the base
though, once the grass has been put on.

MoonsOfJupiter

Sep 14, 2009, 10:47:05 PM9/14/09
"MoonsOfJupiter" <bi...@moonsofjupiter.com> wrote in message

Took my son to the local GW store for his first game:

http://www.moonsofjupiter.com/rgmw/Sedge-Playing-GW-Store.jpg

Our Dwarfs against 13 year-old Jason and his woodies. Played 2.5 turns until
the store closed -- ended with a draw in a 2250 point pitched battle.

Should have played at 1000 points as he got a little bored after an hour or
so.

We left with his first regiment of his new Chaos Warriors army (He bought it
with his allowance):

http://www.moonsofjupiter.com/rgmw/CK-step1.JPG

I built them up, but made him do the base coat. (Years from now I'm sure
he'll be bitching about the crap job I did not filing off the mold lines.)

:O:
wd

MoonsOfJupiter

Sep 14, 2009, 11:25:48 PM9/14/09
"MoonsOfJupiter" <bi...@moonsofjupiter.com> wrote in message

After one evening of reading the army book here's what I think we should get
(also based on what models he likes):

1000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Exalted Hero (General; Shield; Chaos Steed; Chaos Runesword Sword)
Rides with:
5 Chaos Knights (Champ; Standard Bearer; Lance)
6 Marauder Horsemen (Musician; Spear; Light Armour)
18 Chaos Warriors (Champ; Musician; Standard Bearer; Great Weapon)
8 Chaos Warhounds (Poisoned Attacks)
1 Chaos Spawn of Khorne (Mark of Khorne)

--

:O:
wd

Christ...@web.de

Sep 15, 2009, 4:06:45 PM9/15/09
A 1000p army is rather small and a chaos army at that value is
difficult at best. 18 Chaos warriors seem like a big point sink in an
otherwise mobile army to me (I'd probably drop the spawn and the
warriors and get two units of marauders as the armies core). You have
no magic defense or missile attacks, so you need to attack. Warhounds
and Marauder Horsemen are very easily broken by missiles but can be
ignored as they are not very powerful in close combat either. The only
unit that is a problem for the average opponent are the knights. So
how do you want to play this army? Screening the knights with the dogs
and the horsemen? Try to have at least one more dog, so that the
opponent needs to kill one more before they have to do a break test.
Otoh it's a nice force and with 500 more points and another (larger)
unit of knights (and probably a mage) it might start to work.
Christof

MoonsOfJupiter

Sep 16, 2009, 10:54:40 PM9/16/09
<Christ...@web.de> wrote in message

So we crack open the piggy bank and head down to Game Parlor in Woodbridge,
Va. and come home with...

the Dark Elf batallion box.

--

:O:
wd

MoonsOfJupiter

Jan 31, 2021, 4:56:49 PM1/31/21
On Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 11:26:33 AM UTC-4, MoonsOfJupiter wrote:
> "Chris Jones" <home...@telus.net> wrote in message
> > MoonsOfJupiter wrote:
> >>
> >> "Chris Jones" <home...@telus.net> wrote in message
> >>>

> >> That's exactly what I was thinking when I started the Greenies 7 years
> >> ago...
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> :O:
> >> wd
> >

> > Don't tell me - they're not finished yet, right?
> Of course not. I've only just started painting them. I get in about 3 hours
> a week of painting time. I should be finished in 2020 or so.
> Then its on to the Wood Elves :o)
>
> :O:
> wd
Well, 2020 came and went and I'm still not finished with the orcs.

Erick Mudge

Jun 24, 2021, 4:58:24 PM6/24/21
One Sunday in January 31, 2021 at 4:56:49 PM UTC-5, MoonsOfJupiter wrote:

> > > Don't tell me - they're not finished yet, right?
> > Of course not. I've only just started painting them. I get in about 3 hours
> > a week of painting time. I should be finished in 2020 or so.
> > Then its on to the Wood Elves :o)
> >
> Well, 2020 came and went and I'm still not finished with the orcs.

To be honest, I have Marines and Orks from the AOBR box I haven't even primed. :)

--
"I thought it was the FUCKING Steam Tank? Or has the official spelling changed and I have to update my AB files again?"
-K Markus Viljanen, June 13, 2002
rec.games.miniatures.warhammer Outtakes