[GW] [40k] Rantners long sojourn is over

Desert Lurker

Apr 1, 2022, 3:50:50 PM4/1/22
SUQATS are back!
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.warhammer-community.com%2F2022%2F04%2F01%2Fbreaking-news-you-wont-believe-whats-coming-to-warhammer-40000%2F

Not a hoax. Cries of desperation? The answer to a question nobody asked? Not a Necromunda hired hand.

Truly the end is nigh.

Joe (still in the wrong hobby) BOSTER

Tim Albers

Apr 4, 2022, 6:25:49 AM4/4/22
Well.... maybe it'll be a one off like the Zoat was....

--
SunDancer
All your squigs are belongz to me!

Desert Lurker

Apr 4, 2022, 12:21:01 PM4/4/22
Nope that’s the new basic troop! They don’t go by squats the call each other ‘Kin’ Clearly Warhammer 10th is coming in 2023.

Erik Setzer

Apr 4, 2022, 4:29:03 PM4/4/22
On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 12:21:01 PM UTC-4, Desert Lurker wrote:
> Nope that’s the new basic troop! They don’t go by squats the call each other ‘Kin’ Clearly Warhammer 10th is coming in 2023.

It 100% is. 9th edition came out in 2020, so that gives a three year cycle, which they seem to be doing for 40K and AOS now. Every three years a new edition, which seems to reset half or all of the codices.

They've basically gone into rotational releases. Rule updates aren't because the games need them, it's a planned soft reset every three years, and now with "seasons" added on top of the annual books (Chapter Approved and General's Handbook) that change points values and stuff. All of which is a terrible system for a miniatures game but great monetization scheme for milking whales and making sure your part of the hobby only consists of whales.

Maybe I'm just too old for this shit. But probably just not rich enough. At least it's caused me to check out other systems that are cheaper and often have models that are as good if not better.

- Erik

Insane Ranter

Apr 5, 2022, 11:14:08 AM4/5/22
HERE WE GO, BOYS!!!!!!!

I TOLD YOU THEY AREN"T DEAD!!!

LONG LIVE THE SQUATS err.. LONG LIVE VOTANN!!!!!!

Desert Lurker

Apr 6, 2022, 7:44:55 PM4/6/22
They seem to have gotten supersized! Primaris Kin?

Glassboy

Apr 8, 2022, 4:45:54 AM4/8/22

> On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 11:14:08 AM UTC-4, Insane Ranter wrote:
> > HERE WE GO, BOYS!!!!!!!
> >
> > I TOLD YOU THEY AREN"T DEAD!!!

Aren't they just short Tau?

Insane Ranter

Apr 9, 2022, 12:34:00 AM4/9/22
I'm already saving my money!!!! I bet they get their own Kill Team too!!!

LONG LIVE THE SQUATS!!!!!

Desert Lurker

Apr 14, 2022, 11:24:33 AM4/14/22
On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 12:34:00 AM UTC-4, Insane Ranter wrote:
> I'm already saving my money!!!! I bet they get their own Kill Team too!!!
>

> LONG LIVE THE SQUATS!!!!!

Sqauts vs. Bugs would make an epic kill team.

Insane Ranter

Apr 17, 2022, 12:56:53 AM4/17/22
Squats better get a kill team or I'll riot!!