[Twitch] Bored? Isolated? In dire need for minis?

Tim Albers

Apr 28, 2020, 5:29:03 AM4/28/20
Hello there,

you might remember me from way back when, the annoying [TAG] Fairy ;)

Some weeks ago, when all shit hit the fans simultaneously I decided to
do something hobby related to get my mind off things and at the same
time interact with others.

So I started streaming. Come join me in the unofficial OnTableTob.Com
(formerly Beastsofwar.com) Hobby Hangout. Here are the times:

German Time 20:00
UK Time 19:00 (07:00 pm)
New York Time 14:00 (02:00 pm)
Australia/Sydney Time 06:00 (06:00 am) (April 29th)

[UTC/GMT 18:00 (06:00 pm)]
Join in here: https://www.twitch.tv/SunDancerGE

Be prepared for a bad accent. I need training ;)

--
SunDancer
All your squigs are belongz to me!

Desert Lurker

May 1, 2020, 2:51:43 PM5/1/20
awesome! When I find myself free at 2pm. I'll attempt to check it out. I think I'm iron man 1501 on the twitching

Joe -desert lurker- Boster

Myrmidon

May 1, 2020, 5:32:44 PM5/1/20
On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 5:29:03 AM UTC-4, Tim Albers wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> you might remember me from way back when, the annoying [TAG] Fairy ;)

Who are you again?

> Some weeks ago, when all shit hit the fans simultaneously I decided to
> do something hobby related to get my mind off things and at the same
> time interact with others.

I find murdering people via FPS games to be incredibly cathartic...

> So I started streaming. Come join me in the unofficial OnTableTob.Com
> (formerly Beastsofwar.com) Hobby Hangout. Here are the times:

I tried screaming a lot, but found that 'Primal Shrug' therapy to be more successful. Oh, you said streaming...

> German Time 20:00
> UK Time 19:00 (07:00 pm)
> New York Time 14:00 (02:00 pm)
> Australia/Sydney Time 06:00 (06:00 am) (April 29th)

Can't you pick one time and stick with it? ;)

> [UTC/GMT 18:00 (06:00 pm)]
> Join in here: https://www.twitch.tv/SunDancerGE
>
> Be prepared for a bad accent. I need training ;)

So are you doing a French accent? I find them to be pretty bad.

Myr -I'll shank a bitch- Midon

Erik Setzer

May 2, 2020, 3:49:42 PM5/2/20
On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 5:32:44 PM UTC-4, Myrmidon wrote:

> > Some weeks ago, when all shit hit the fans simultaneously I decided to
> > do something hobby related to get my mind off things and at the same
> > time interact with others.
>
> I find murdering people via FPS games to be incredibly cathartic...

Have you (or anyone else) had a chance to try Doom Eternal? If so, what do you think?

I'm interested in it, but worried that there's a bit too much going on, feels like it might not be as simple enough of a "point at the bad guys and shoot them" right now (stress from work means I'm a bit concerned about triggering anxiety with a video game).

For folks who just want the catharsis without the jumping puzzles and having to juggle weapons, do you have any recommendations?

- Erik

Tim Albers

May 4, 2020, 12:33:04 AM5/4/20
Am 01.05.2020 um 23:32 schrieb Myrmidon:
> I find murdering people via FPS games to be incredibly cathartic...

Much agreed.... that's why I wander off into the Wastelands with Fallout
4 every night now XD

The brushes start to get angry with me...

lunta...@gmail.com

May 7, 2020, 5:36:03 PM5/7/20
> Have you (or anyone else) had a chance to try Doom Eternal? If so, what do you think?

From what I've seen of it, it's an awesome video game but a terrible Doom game. OG Doom was all about Shoot The Demon. The most straining of your brain would be matching the keycards to the correctly coloured doors. Upgrading meant finding a bigger gun. If you really wanted to get complicated, you'd keep your eye out for a wall that was a slightly different colour or texture from the surrounding, and mash spacebar near it in the hopes of opening a secret room. That was as complicated as it got. Now, Doom is all about Video Game Tropes. There's half a dozen different upgrade currencies. There's first-person platforming. There's an antire ammo management system in place. How exactly do you Shoot the Demon? It depends if you need ammo, health, or armour - all the different ways of Shoot give different drops.

It would've been great as a new IP. But keep the thinking out of my Doom.

Full disclosure, I only finished a few levels of Doom 2016 before getting bored.

Brad

Glassboy

May 9, 2020, 4:14:24 PM5/9/20
On Friday, 8 May 2020 09:36:03 UTC+12, lunta...@gmail.com wrote:

> Full disclosure, I only finished a few levels of Doom 2016 before getting bored.

Same here. It just didn't feel like Doom. Although my teenagers love it.

Erik Setzer

May 10, 2020, 3:51:12 PM5/10/20
On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 5:36:03 PM UTC-4, lunta...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Have you (or anyone else) had a chance to try Doom Eternal? If so, what do you think?
>
> From what I've seen of it, it's an awesome video game but a terrible Doom game. <snip>

That... sounds pretty meh. One of these days I'll remember to fire up Doom 2016 again, but it wasn't *that* bad in terms of throwing all that stuff at you. It's like people forget the simple beauty of a basic FPS and want to wow folks with all the stuff in the FPS, but that stuff can detract from the fun.

- Erik