Modeling: What is Plasticard?

Drew Dreasler

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
I've been pouring over the modeling articles recently, (making neat
terrain for my Eshers, as well as trying to find a good substitute for
the plastic bulkheads) and I've been able to find american versions of
everything mentioned in them, EXCEPT for plasticard. Is this what I think
it is (thin sheets of styrene plastic) and is there any source for it in
the US (that isn't a big factory that only sells by the ton).

--
// bava...@interaccess.com
// Eric_Adler on FurryMUCK & FurToonia

Walter Smith

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96

Plasticard is sheet styrene here. I got mine from a local model shop (one
that sold train kits and all sorts of plastic airplane and tank models
and stuff). Try a local art supply store, model shop, model train shop or
an ad from the back of Scale Modeller magazine, it's not that hard to
find once you know what to look for.

Walt Smith
Rogue Trader Belsarius

Ron Kruger

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
In article <4lch52$q...@nntp.interaccess.com>,

bava...@flowbee.interaccess.com (Drew Dreasler) wrote:
>I've been pouring over the modeling articles recently, (making neat
>terrain for my Eshers, as well as trying to find a good substitute for
>the plastic bulkheads) and I've been able to find american versions of
>everything mentioned in them, EXCEPT for plasticard. Is this what I think
>it is (thin sheets of styrene plastic) and is there any source for it in
>the US (that isn't a big factory that only sells by the ton).

Your right, plasticard is just another word for those thin sheets
of polystyrene model kits are made from. Plasticard can be found in any
hooby/train/Radio-control shop. Unfortunately, it's rather expensive.

DBurgerOTR
Check out my terrain page for ideas:
http://www.net66.com/~ddburger/gwindex.html

Bullitt

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
In article <4lf0nh$j...@flagstaff.net66.com>,

Ron Kruger <rkr...@staff.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>of polystyrene model kits are made from. Plasticard can be found in any
>hooby/train/Radio-control shop. Unfortunately, it's rather expensive.

$0.25 / sheet of 6" x 8" is expensive? Where do you get yours?
Dave
:)
--
Dave Wright aka Bullitt in Bolo-space
aka "The Road Warrior on the Information Superhighway"