Memorable warhammer moments ?

rgmwLargie

May 25, 2021, 4:32:51 PM5/25/21
Given the low threadcount in the NG I thought I'd ask if they're was any particular ly memorable moments you'd had over the years. 2 of mine , 1 good 1 bad.
A) Opponent claimed he could target my HQ although it was hidden behind a building. I pointed out buildings blocked like of sight but he argued that as he had cut two small Windows in the walls, and through those he could see part of my unit, the rule that "Any disagreement about like of sight should be resolved by players physically viewing that line." Would take precedence .
B) opponent had a well tooled up Space Marine army and my orks had to cross the table to assault them :- I said almost in fun, "Humanities greatest warriors and they're scared of going hth ? " and to my surprise he agree, they all charged at me like a scene from Zulu ! (To their death!)
Cheers
Dave

Tim Albers

May 26, 2021, 3:50:35 AM5/26/21
Way back when.... I did play a 40k tournament. I lost all games but in
two game my orks stood their grounds... or should I say *one* ork stood
his ground thus denying total victory to my opponent. What then caused
them to not win the tournament because they missed a few points.

O'ks are best!

--
SunDancer
All your squigs are belongz to me!

Desert Lurker

May 27, 2021, 12:35:39 AM5/27/21
Hmm all my memorable moments are bad.

1. Lost a squad of 5 termies to a squad of 20 grots in 3 rounds. one grot survived and even made his all alone test. This was probably 6th ed.
2. Lost a knight in turn 2 from Marine shooting. Effing Krak missiles!!
3 Got my 1st Space marine at Origins game fail in 84 which was the first Space Marine. And had it painted red for 20 bucks. I don't think blood angels were even a thing back then?

Man I need newer memories.

Joe -Feeling old- Boster

Myrmidon

Jun 23, 2021, 5:26:12 PM6/23/21
One of my favorites was a battle between my Hive Tyrant and my opponent's Librarian. One of us was going to claim the final objective and win the game by having the only surviving HQ unit. Sadly my H.T. failed to inflict enough successful wounds on the Librarian, who then used his Force Weapon to insta-kill my Tyrant who wiffed its save roll. There have been a lot of other fond memories while gaming, but it has been years (5th edition) since I've played 40K. That said, these days I have a board game collection that hovers around the 200 games mark, and still get to play some entertaining RPGs (like Mutant: Year Zero) as well.

Anyone playing the new edition of Necromunda and have feedback on if it's worth bother to buy the rules? I've got plenty of minis from the previous edition.

Myr -WTF is Usenet? Never heard of it?!? - midon

Seamus

Jun 24, 2021, 4:42:27 PM6/24/21
On a bright day in Spring, rgmwLargie <rgmw.l...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Given the low threadcount in the NG I thought I'd ask if they're was
> any particularly memorable moments you'd had over the years.

Nothing recent, but back in '08 or so a friend and I had a pick-up game of
40K using what I'd assembled of my AOBR set. He played Marines and I had my
Orks.

When it came to my Shooting phase, I made the reassuring comment that Orks
can't hit the broadside of a warehouse as I prepare to roll my dice-

5 5 5 6 6 5 5 4 2 6 3 5 5 6 3

Him: "..."

Me: "That... doesn't usually happen. Um, you've still got your Armor
Saves."

After which about four of his Marines fall to the slugga fire.

--
"I thought it was the FUCKING Steam Tank? Or has the official spelling
changed and I have to update my AB files again?"
-K Markus Viljanen, June 13, 2002
rec.games.miniatures.warhammer Outtakes

Aioe

Aug 14, 2021, 3:22:04 AM8/14/21
Seamus scriveva il 24/06/2021 :
> On a bright day in Spring, rgmwLargie <rgmw.l...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Given the low threadcount in the NG I thought I'd ask if they're was
>> any particularly memorable moments you'd had over the years.
>
> Nothing recent, but back in '08 or so a friend and I had a pick-up game of
> 40K using what I'd assembled of my AOBR set. He played Marines and I had my
> Orks.
>
> When it came to my Shooting phase, I made the reassuring comment that Orks
> can't hit the broadside of a warehouse as I prepare to roll my dice-
>
> 5 5 5 6 6 5 5 4 2 6 3 5 5 6 3
>
> Him: "..."
>
> Me: "That... doesn't usually happen. Um, you've still got your Armor
> Saves."
>
> After which about four of his Marines fall to the slugga fire.
>
> --
> "I thought it was the FUCKING Steam Tank? Or has the official spelling
> changed and I have to update my AB files again?"
> -K Markus Viljanen, June 13, 2002
> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer Outtakes

pardon?

Insane Ranter

Sep 4, 2021, 9:47:44 PM9/4/21
When to a gaming club to play a massive game of Man O' War 10 players to aside. Ended up being Dwarves vs Everyone Else. Took us 2 hours to set up and put ships on the table. The table was so large that in the remaining hour only one shot was fired by one of my Bretonnia ships-of-the-line damaging a dwarf sub. People started needing to leave. Ended up playing or rather trying to play DnD for 2 hours that remained of the event. Sucked as the DM thought it was his job to do his best trying to kill the players.

Erik Setzer

Sep 28, 2021, 7:28:57 PM9/28/21
On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 4:32:51 PM UTC-4, rgmw.l...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Given the low threadcount in the NG I thought I'd ask if they're was any particular ly memorable moments you'd had over the years.

Mmmmm, threadomancy!

One of my standout moments would have to be my hateful "Imperial" Knight's death in one game a few years ago. Went to a friend's place to play a big two-vs-two match on his back patio. First turn, they decide the Knight *must* die. Surround it with a semi-circle of units, open fire with everything they've got. Of course they trash it... but given the rules for super-heavies at the time, in its death, it managed to stumble into the middle of some of their more expensive units surrounding it, exploded with passion, and took out much more than its own value in points while dying.

Bastard got a reputation for doing that.

I think it's because of how it was built. While working on it I managed to stab or slice every finger on my left hand, gave up at one point and just stopped cleaning blood off the model, so underneath its paint there's a bit of my own blood infused with the model. It's tasted blood. It wants more.

- Erik

Desert Lurker

Oct 1, 2021, 7:22:02 PM10/1/21
I had a knight taken down in 2 turns form Space Marine Missle Launchers. And tied up in melee so he couldn’t shoot anyone. So sad!
During my 8th Escalation league at my store.

Joe