Microarmor Rules?

Linda Fisher

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Hi! I'm trying to track down a game that I played in the late 80's,
and I figured this was the place. We had a guy in our gaming group around
'87-88 who had a rules system he referred to as microarmor. He had
rulebooks for both modern and WW2 systems. I have no idea if "microarmor"
referred to a specific, copyrighted rules system, or if it was a generic
name for armor miniature rules. The rulebooks were small, with green
covers, and kind of crude...they almost looked photocopied, IIRC.
If the game is inprint, any help in finding a retailer for the rules
(and armor figures) would be greatly appreciated. If the game is out of
print, I'd like to find out who published it, and I'd be interested in
buying any used copies that are available. Thanks in advance for any
help, and I'm sorry for asking such a vague question. ;)

George Koehler (on my S/O's address)

Matt Davidson

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Linda Fisher <lfi...@garnet2.acns.fsu.edu> wrote in article
<5r1k9o$ouc$1...@news.fsu.edu>...

The closest thing to this, I know of is a set called Wargame Rules for
Armour & Infantry 1925-1950, and the modern part War Game Rules for
Armoured Warfare 1950-1985. Both are published by Wargames Research Group
(WRG), the first one June 1973 and the second June 1979. My group played
these rules throughout the 1980's until the appearance of Command Decision.
The first book is small, tan and printed in black and white and the second
is slightly smaller, green and also printed in black and white. These seem
to match your description somewhat. I don't know if they are still in
print, but I have seen them around at conventions and at stores upon
occasion. WRG is still around though, you might try them. As to figures,
GHQ, CinC, Ross Heroics are some of the manufacturers that make "micro
armour". The term "micro armour" I believe was started by GHQ for it's
line and has become a generic term for anything of the scale 1:285 or
1:300. I hope this helps.

--
-Matt Davidson
V.P. HMGS-GL

MacX

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97
to Linda Fisher

Linda Fisher wrote:

> Hi! I'm trying to track down a game that I played in the late 80's,
<snip>

> The rulebooks were small, with green
> covers, and kind of crude...they almost looked photocopied, IIRC.

--
All Hail the Tank God Emperor!

You are probably thinking of the Challenger series (the WWII set was
called "Firefly")
published by Tabletop Games in the UK. It can be found in various hobby
shops and distibutors.
John the armor Baptist
mailto:ma...@visi.net

Uwlricht

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

Was the game from the US? It might have been Command Decision, if it was.
Green covers and all the internal workings pretty spare. Very in-depth
system covering lots of differing aspects.... I believe the scale was
1/285 or some such. Each vehiclerepresented a number of tanks?

Unfortunately Command Decision, if this was the game you are referring to,
has been out of print for some time. It was made by...
Damn, I seem to have pforgotten the name of the company.

If you need the name just respond and I will try to find it.

Good Luck

Just another Gamer,

Griffin

WILLIAM WINSKI

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

lfi...@garnet2.acns.fsu.edu (Linda Fisher) wrote:

> Hi! I'm trying to track down a game that I played in the late 80's,

>and I figured this was the place. We had a guy in our gaming group around
>'87-88 who had a rules system he referred to as microarmor. He had
>rulebooks for both modern and WW2 systems. I have no idea if "microarmor"
>referred to a specific, copyrighted rules system, or if it was a generic

>name for armor miniature rules. The rulebooks were small, with green

>covers, and kind of crude...they almost looked photocopied, IIRC.

> If the game is inprint, any help in finding a retailer for the rules
>(and armor figures) would be greatly appreciated. If the game is out of
>print, I'd like to find out who published it, and I'd be interested in
>buying any used copies that are available. Thanks in advance for any
>help, and I'm sorry for asking such a vague question. ;)
>
>George Koehler (on my S/O's address)

Greetings!
If I can add my two-cents worth... If the game was AT LEAST as old as 1987
(and could, quite possibly be older) it could have been ANGRIFF by Z&M
Enterprises or 1944 by a publisher I cannot recall. Both of these rule sets
were green-covered, smallish - say 5" x 8", and 30-40 pages. both are long
out-of-print as far as I know, although there may well be some copies
floating around. ANGRIFF was a 1:1 scale game whereas 1944 was roughly 1:5,
kind of "Command Decisionish". There are several good games on the market
right now if you are looking for something! Hope this helps.

Bill Winski bi...@winski.com
or at
ATTACTIX 303-699-3349 voice 303-699-3428 fax

rmacd...@microd.com

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

On 7/23/97 12:37AM, in message <19970723043...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
Uwlricht <uwlr...@aol.com> wrote:

> Was the game from the US? It might have been Command Decision, if it was.
> Green covers and all the internal workings pretty spare. Very in-depth
> system covering lots of differing aspects.... I believe the scale was
> 1/285 or some such. Each vehiclerepresented a number of tanks?
>
> Unfortunately Command Decision, if this was the game you are referring to,
> has been out of print for some time. It was made by...
> Damn, I seem to have pforgotten the name of the company.

Command decision by Frank Chadwick, was published by the late GDW. Emperor's
Press/Old Glory now have the copyright and Frank is working on CDIII. There
will be another playtest game at Historicon and the final product should
probably be out in winter or spring.

But then I am a regular Denzien of the CDMa...@primenet.com.
--
Richard A. Macdonald, EA
SSG(Ret), USA, ADA

"Gib mir Schokolade und niemand wirt verletzt!"

Sometimes in order for opportunity to knock,
you may have to build a door first.

rmacd...@microd.com

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

kl...@mail.wcb.state.ny.us

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

In article <5r43nm$k...@dfw-ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>,

WILLIAM WINSKI <ween...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> In article <5r1k9o$ouc$1...@news.fsu.edu>,
> lfi...@garnet2.acns.fsu.edu (Linda Fisher) wrote:
>
> > Hi! I'm trying to track down a game that I played in the late 80's,
> >and I figured this was the place. We had a guy in our gaming group around
> >'87-88 who had a rules system he referred to as microarmor. He had
> >rulebooks for both modern and WW2 systems. I have no idea if "microarmor"
> >referred to a specific, copyrighted rules system, or if it was a generic
> >name for armor miniature rules. The rulebooks were small, with green
> >covers, and kind of crude...they almost looked photocopied, IIRC.

> If I can add my two-cents worth... If the game was AT LEAST as old as 1987

> (and could, quite possibly be older) it could have been ANGRIFF by Z&M
> Enterprises or 1944 by a publisher I cannot recall. Both of these rule sets
> were green-covered, smallish - say 5" x 8", and 30-40 pages.

I was thinking Angriff! too, although the copy of Angriff! we played had
a yellow/brownish cover. A modern armor set of rules called Leopard
Tracks has a green cover, and used the same system as Angriff!. (That
system being tanks moved 1/3rd movement, fired, then the remaining 2/3rds
[or was it vice versa?]; combat was roll to hit, roll hit location, check
inches of armor at that location, then check gun type/range/penetration
charts to see how much armor was penetrated at that range to see if a
brew up occurred. No real morale rules).

My copy of 1944 has also has a yellow-tan-ish cover. I think it was a
later (3rd?) edition.

--Dave
(david...@wcb.state.ny.us)

Linda Fisher

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

Thanks to everyone who has responded, both by post and e-mail. The
name "Command Decision" sounds sorta familiar, so I'm going to hunt up a
copy of that. If I can't find it, at least now I know there are multiple
rules systems available. Thanks again,

George K. (on my S/O's address)

Lon McDaniel

Jul 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/25/97

Could possibly have been "Fast Micro-Armour Rules for World War II. Was
put out by a guy named Reginald D. Steiner in 1981. It was about 4 1/2" x
5" in a comb (or feather) binder. Not sure what the color of the cover.
Very simple rules, but for WWII only.

Linda Fisher <lfi...@garnet2.acns.fsu.edu> wrote in article
<5r1k9o$ouc$1...@news.fsu.edu>...

> Hi! I'm trying to track down a game that I played in the late 80's

darren...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2018, 4:09:00 PM4/1/18
I used to play with Reginald D Steiner on March AFB. His micro armor rule set was pretty awesome and his gaming group is what got me started.