Re: Five Favourite 'Mechs from Technical Readout 3025

Message has been deleted

David Damerell

Feb 3, 2014, 5:42:10 PM2/3/14
Well, we score the Awesome and the Panther together. The Locust: "wee hee
hee, I'm in a Locust, shoot at me!", although we always insisted on using
variants more useful than the machine guns. The Archer; does one job, but
does it very well. Possibly the UrbanMech, which is a bit of an oddball to
put it mildly, but does very well in its environment.
--
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Clown shoes. I hope that doesn't bother you.

Message has been deleted

David Damerell

Feb 5, 2014, 5:35:45 PM2/5/14
Quoting Roger Bell_West <roger+r...@nospam.firedrake.org>:
>I remember some of the attempts to out-Archer the Archer -- the
>Longbow in particular (can't remember where that first showed up but
>it must have been in the early days). Really, just stick with what
>works.

Beyond "not in TR 3025", I don't know...

>I know people who love the UrbanMech, but it's never worked well for
>me in play. Which probably means I play it wrong.

It is hard to argue with the idea that for 5 more tons you can get a
Panther, but in close quarters the lack of a minimum range on the AC/10
can be a help... although the Panther's SRM is nearly as dangerous.
--
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
If we aren't perfectly synchronised this corncob will explode!

Message has been deleted