[DESIGN][BATTLETECH] GRF-1K Griffin

Seamus

Jan 21, 2011, 12:05:47 AM1/21/11
Here's an old Third Succession War Griffin variant.

I figured I'd put it up on Usenet to share. Apologies in advance if the
text formatting is terrible.

* * *

Type: GRF-1K Griffin Mass: 55 Tons Engine: 275 CoreTek

Walking Speed: 54.8 Kph.
Max. Jumping Distance: 150 Meters
Running Speed: 86.2 Kph. Communications System: Neil
6000
Jump Jets: Rawlings 55 TTS: Octagon Tartrac, System C
Manufacturer: Earthwerks, Incorporated Chassis: Earthwerk GRF
Weapon Capability: 28
Armor: Starshield A Heat Sinks: 12
Armament
1 Diverse Optics Type 30 Large Laser Cost: 4,933,856 C-Bills
1 Shigunga LRM 15 System
1 Victory 23R Medium Laser
Tonnage
Internal Structure: Standard 5.5
Engine: 275 CoreTek 15.5
Gyro: 3.0
Cockpit: 3.0
Armor: 152 Points 9.5
Location I.S. A.V.
Head 3 9
Center Torso 16 20/7
R/L Torso 12 20/6
R/L Arm 8 14
R/L Leg 12 18

Weapons & Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Large Laser RA 2 5.0
LRM 15 Rack LT 3 7.0
Medium Laser LA 1 1.0
Ammo (LRM) 8 CT 1 1.0
Jump Jet CT 1 0.5
Jump Jets RL 2 1.0
Jump Jets LL 2 1.0

--
"Down my Wolverine's arms, it read 'SpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpam'.
Kilmer's Warhammer looked OK until you walked around it, and the whole

Jonathan Schattke

Jan 22, 2011, 7:09:54 AM1/22/11
On Jan 20, 11:05 pm, Seamus <eatabulletsa...@yourface.net> wrote:
> Here's an old Third Succession War Griffin variant.
>
> I figured I'd put it up on Usenet to share. Apologies in advance if the
> text formatting is terrible.
>
> Type: GRF-1K Griffin            Mass: 55 Tons           Engine: 275 CoreTek

I thought that the GRF-1S was the version with a LL, but looking in
HMPro, that also downgrades the LRM to an LRM-5.

> Jump Jets RL 2 1.0
> Jump Jets LL 2 1.0

You moved these from the Side Torsos. Kinda changes from representing
that jump pack they had on their back.

Seamus

Jan 23, 2011, 12:09:21 PM1/23/11
Jonathan Schattke <wiz...@gmail.com> wrote in news:

>> Jump Jets RL 2
>> 1.0 Jump Jets LL 2
>> 1.0
>
> You moved these from the Side Torsos. Kinda changes from representing
> that jump pack they had on their back.

True, though this version does reflect the newer Reseen model.

I admit that the medium laser was something of an afterthought.

The -1N only had two weapons; putting the extra ton of ammo back in is
always an option.

--
"It's a sad comment on urban living when you see a Battle Master mug a
Phoenix Hawk in a blind alley."