Names of special hands

Martin Rep

Jun 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/8/97

Special hands have often intriging names, sometimes derived from China
but
most times invented in the West.

Intriging is for instance Greta. There are Special Hands called
Greta's
Garden, Greta's Dragon and even Greta's Gartner. I wonder who was (is)
this
exciting Greta, who give her name to three special hands?

I am also unaware of the origin and the meaning of the following names
of
special hands: Chop Suey (sounds like a Chinese dish), Chow Mein
(something
from Germany?), Hachi-ban (a sort of BBQ?) and Red Waratah (an
American
Indian?) Who knows what these names suppose to mean and why these
special
hands got their names?

I have also become curious about a certainly western special hand
called
Hitler's Blunder. I read about this special hand, but the author
forget to
mention its composition. For curiosity reasons I like to know how I
can
make Hitler's Blunder. Who knows the composition of this Special Hand
and
why it is called Hitler's Blunder.

| Martin Rep
| mr...@worldonline.nl
| Mah-Jongg Master
| visit my home page: http://home.worldonline.nl/~mrep/
| totally dedicated to the Heavenly Game of Mahjong!

Kevin Bucknall

Jun 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/10/97

Martin Rep <mr...@worldonline.nl> wrote in article
<339b2ff2...@news.worldonline.nl>...

> I have also become curious about a certainly western special hand
> called
> Hitler's Blunder. I read about this special hand, but the author
> forget to
> mention its composition. For curiosity reasons I like to know how I
> can
> make Hitler's Blunder. Who knows the composition of this Special Hand
> and
> why it is called Hitler's Blunder.

My brother found Hitler's Blunder in an old book and insists on playing it.
1-7 of a suit plus one of each of the winds and dragons.

Sieska.

Anders

Jun 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/10/97
hi

Aslamakon

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

> My brother found Hitler's Blunder in an old book and insists on > > > > playing it.
> 1-7 of a suit plus one of each of the winds and dragons.

Is'n this just Greta's garden ?

Bye
Pieter

Martin Rep

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

On 10 Jun 1997 02:39:22 GMT, "Kevin Bucknall"
<K.Buc...@ais.gu.edu.au> wrote:

>Martin Rep <mr...@worldonline.nl> wrote in article
><339b2ff2...@news.worldonline.nl>...
>>
>> I have also become curious about a certainly western special hand
>> called
>> Hitler's Blunder. I read about this special hand, but the author
>> forget to
>> mention its composition. For curiosity reasons I like to know how I
>> can
>> make Hitler's Blunder. Who knows the composition of this Special Hand
>> and
>> why it is called Hitler's Blunder.
>

>My brother found Hitler's Blunder in an old book and insists on playing it.
> 1-7 of a suit plus one of each of the winds and dragons.
>

>Sieska.

Hi Sieska,
No idea where the name comes from?

bhaga...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2019, 6:01:47 AM1/25/19
We play hitler’s blunder as all the winds , pung of any dragon , and 1-7 in a suit (this is in a double limit hand)
Or
All the winds, pair to any wind, pung of a dragon and two mixed runs ( for a full limit hand)