Comp97: Some Awards

Gunther Schmidl

Jan 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/6/98

I'd like to give out some "awards" for some games. These are not to be
confused with actual awards, and are purely fictional. For now.

The "Highest Ranked Game" award goes to:
A NEW DAY (9) (Rank 2 and 3 go to MADAME L'ESTRANGE (8) and BABEL (7))

The "Could Have Been A Great Game But Wasn't" award goes to:
SYLENIUS MYSTERIUM; if the arcade section had been implemented like the
levels.txt file showed, it might have been great. In this form, it is just
unplayable. I TXD'd the file to see the endings (and the author :-)

The "Single Most Unpleasant Game I've EVER Played" award goes to:
COMING HOME

The "Most Underrated Game, I'm Sorry" award goes to:
SINS AGAINST MIMESIS
(I was in a very bad mood after CASK, AUNT NANCY'S HOUSE and COMING HOME)

The "I Hate Time Limits" awards go to:
THE TOWN DRAGON

The "Most Obscure Gameplay" award goes to:
TEMPEST

The "Crappiest Puzzle" award goes to:
CASK (every single puzzle)

The "Best Puzzle" award goes to:
A NEW DAY (the "game error" section)

The "Most Capturing Story" award goes to:
BABEL

And finally, the "Why? Why Are You Doing This To Me?" award goes to:
COMP97, for giving me three crap games in a row at the very start of my play
list.

--

+------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
+ Gunther Schmidl + "I couldn't help it. I can resist everything +

Jonathan Fry

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

Gunther Schmidl (sot...@xxx.usa.net) wrote:
: The "Highest Ranked Game" award goes to:

: A NEW DAY (9) (Rank 2 and 3 go to MADAME L'ESTRANGE (8) and BABEL (7))
[....]
["Best" Puzzle]
: A NEW DAY (the "game error" section)

I graciously thank you for your kind comments; I should state here
that I don't agree with you on either. :) More people have complained
about eye strain and headaches from that error section than I care to
count...
--Jon

| Historian, Theologian, Fool - jf...@skidmore.edu |
|-------------------------------------------------|
| Interactive Fiction * rec.music.christian * Van |
| Halen * Byzantium * Ken Tamplin * In Your Face! |

VanTil

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

Jonathan Fry wrote:
[snip]

> +-------------------------------------------------+
> | Historian, Theologian, Fool - jf...@skidmore.edu |
> |-------------------------------------------------|
> | Interactive Fiction * rec.music.christian * Van |
> | Halen * Byzantium * Ken Tamplin * In Your Face! |
> +-------------------------------------------------+

You mean there's someone else in this world that likes Ken Tamplin? ...
;-)

Jim

Jonathan Fry

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

VanTil (NOS...@NOSPAM.COM) wrote:
: You mean there's someone else in this world that likes Ken Tamplin? ...
: ;-)

As a matter of fact, there's plenty of us. :) Check out
www.ken-tamplin.com (or is it www.kentamplin.com?) for everything you
could possibly ever want to know about him. Rock on!
--Jon