IntroComp Bob's votes

Bob

Aug 15, 2006, 11:46:12 AM8/15/06
Child's play: I liked the general idea of playing a baby, mostly
because my daughter is just about 2 months older than the PC. I thought
the puzzles to be a bit unimaginative and I somehow fear that's because
the limited amount of reasonable actions a baby PC has. Please,
Stephen, prove me wrong!
7/10

Nothing but mazes: I really liked the story and the presentation of
this one. Even in the intro, I was surprised by the twists and turns of
the story about three times. The puzzles (especially the computer
puzzle) also were nicely done, so I have nothing to bitch about. I
crave more!
9/10

Southern gothic: I don' t like games very much, where it is essential
to examine every single object to solve the puzzles. For me, that seems
to be an obtrusion like hunger puzzles or inventory limits. I feel,
this game will be one of those. Apart from that, it played rather
nicely, although I'm not sure if I'd play the full game.
6/10

Unyielding fury: First, I got lost in the woods, so I didn't have a
really good start. The game itself could be fun, but the intro is too
short to be sure.
5/10

Sabotage: I like SF games and this one is definitly not one of the
worst. But since even in the intro there were two puzzles I never would
have solved, I guess I wouldn't the full game.
5/10

Art of Deception: Espionage-story with different levels of difficulty.
I had great fun with it, although it's too short an intro to be fully
valuated just yet.
8/10

Mechs: I never really understood why I should rebel. I didn't beat the
intro, too, mostly since I only tried to kill that damn human. I also
was annoyed, that I obeyed him, although the data told me I wouldn't
have to if the human says "please" (which he definitly had). Sorry.
4/10

Stebbins

Aug 16, 2006, 10:59:46 AM8/16/06
Bob wrote:
> Nothing but mazes: [...] The puzzles (especially the computer

> puzzle) also were nicely done, so I have nothing to bitch about. I
> crave more!
> 9/10

I liked this game too, but as far as I could tell, the computer puzzle
was the only puzzle. What are these other puzzles of which you speak?

~Stebbins

Bob

Aug 16, 2006, 1:48:42 PM8/16/06

Stebbins asked

> I liked this game too, but as far as I could tell, the computer puzzle
> was the only puzzle. What are these other puzzles of which you speak?

As I remember it, there was a puzzle to get out of the device at the
beginning. It might have been a timed event, now that I think of it...
But actually, I'm kind of a slow puzzle solver, so for me, even going
to bed after setting up the computer counts as a puzzle. And wasn't
there some information that you had to get from your cell mate? I'm not
sure about that, to admit.

Bob