Anchorhead v5

Michael Gentry

Feb 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/6/99
Winner of the 1998 XYZZY Award for Best Setting.

(*woo-hoo!* I'd like to thank Mom and my agent and especially Yog-Sothoth,
who makes all things possible through faith. And the fans. I couldn't have
done it without the fans.)

Anchorhead, release 5, is now available at
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/incoming/if-archive/anchor.z8. This version fixes the
scoring bug -- it is now possible to win all 100 points. Some very minor
bugs and typos have also been fixed, and the NPC responses have been touched
up in some minor but significant ways.

The game will eventually be moved to
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/zcode/anchor.z8. This will most likely be
the last version update for a while.

-M.
"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding.
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

celi...@nospam.hotmail.com

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
On 06 Feb 1999 19:10:57 PST, "Michael Gentry" <edr...@concentric.net>
wrote:

>Anchorhead, release 5, is now available at
>ftp://ftp.gmd.de/incoming/if-archive/anchor.z8. This version fixes the
>scoring bug -- it is now possible to win all 100 points. Some very minor
>bugs and typos have also been fixed, and the NPC responses have been touched
>up in some minor but significant ways.

Um... I'm on day 3 of the v4 game. Are the changes small enough so
that my save files will still work on v5?

celiborn

(please remove nospam from email address to reply)

Andrew Plotkin

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
celi...@nospam.hotmail.com wrote:
> On 06 Feb 1999 19:10:57 PST, "Michael Gentry" <edr...@concentric.net>
> wrote:

> >Anchorhead, release 5, is now available at
> >ftp://ftp.gmd.de/incoming/if-archive/anchor.z8. This version fixes the
> >scoring bug -- it is now possible to win all 100 points. Some very minor
> >bugs and typos have also been fixed, and the NPC responses have been touched
> >up in some minor but significant ways.

> Um... I'm on day 3 of the v4 game. Are the changes small enough so
> that my save files will still work on v5?

Any change whatsoever in a Z-machine game renders the save files
non-compatible. Sorry.

--Z

borogoves..."

Roosevelt

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
I just found this bug when I was in the pub and typed, "ask for beer"
I got a message saying the librarian was pursing her fishy lips...heheh

Roosevelt

Michael Gentry

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99

Roosevelt wrote in message ...

>I just found this bug when I was in the pub and typed, "ask for beer"
>I got a message saying the librarian was pursing her fishy lips...heheh

Well... it's *still* going to be the last release for a long while.