[Comp02] Funny quotes

Jens Bojaryn

Nov 17, 2002, 4:48:54 AM11/17/02
> pray
I'll be damned if that makes any sense.

(from "Unraveling God")

***

You see nothing special about the nothing.

(from "The Case of Samuel Gregor")

***

Suddenly, the kitchen door opens and a shade opens the kitchen door.

(from "Blade Sentinel")

***

Have you found some more?

Gretings

Jens

Edward Lacey

Nov 17, 2002, 5:49:08 AM11/17/02
In Augustine, it's possible for you to be informed when trying to interact
with Kasil near the end of the game, "The kasil isn't important." Not only
ungrammatical, but completely incorrect.

--

Edward Lacey
Replace "close" with "open" to reply

Daneil Lackey

Nov 17, 2002, 6:01:22 AM11/17/02
_Concrete Paradise_:

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" she asks.

>verbose
You get up from your chair, stand straight, and fix your gaze upon
the judge's eyes.
Upon clearing your throat, you yell, "VERBOSE!"...

"Why, you disgraceful little worm!" the judge shouts from her
throne. "Just for that, I'm sentencing you to...

...life in prison....WITHOUT PAROLE!"

When verbose descriptions are outlawed, only outlaws will have verbose
descriptions. Or something.

-- daniel

Adam Myrow

Nov 17, 2002, 7:16:36 AM11/17/02
On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Edward Lacey wrote:

> In Augustine, it's possible for you to be informed when trying to interact
> with Kasil near the end of the game, "The kasil isn't important." Not only
> ungrammatical, but completely incorrect.

It could have been worse. It could have been "the Kasil seems to be
getting angrier!" Lucky that we don't see much AGT or GAGS activity
anymore or we might have seen something like that. Personally, I'm
starting to think that Adrift isn't much better than AGT and non-portable
to boot.

Edward Lacey

Nov 17, 2002, 4:31:53 PM11/17/02
"Edward Lacey" <edward...@btCLOSEworld.com> wrote in message

> In Augustine, it's possible for you to be informed when trying to interact
> with Kasil near the end of the game, "The kasil isn't important." Not only
> ungrammatical, but completely incorrect.

My apologies; this is an error caused by my inability to read my own notes.
The message is actually the slightly less amusing "Kasil isn't important."

Taoc

Nov 17, 2002, 4:57:53 PM11/17/02
(spoilers for very, very early in the game)

All around you are the lifeless bodies of practically everyone you
know.

Road Outside Your Hut
Your mother lies dead in a pool of her own blood.
Your father lies dead in a pool of his own blood.

>x mother
With grief you gaze upon your dead mother, lying in a pool of her
own blood.

>x father
You look upon your dead father, his hands calloused and his muscles
built from years working in the fields. Now he lays on the ground in a
pool of his own blood.

>x blood
I don't see any blood here.

(from Augustine)

Todd Watson

Nov 18, 2002, 11:45:44 AM11/18/02
> pray
I'll be damned if that makes any sense.

(from "Unraveling God")

***

Hah! That's great! Obviously, despite the religious nature of the
game, it didn't occur to me that someone would try to pray.

Here's another from my game. When approaching the gates of Hell,
you're not supposed to be able to open them. Eventually, they open by
themselves. If, however, you try to open them just as they
automatically open, you get:

>open gate
There was a man, once, a long time ago, who may have been able to
force these gates open. You are not him. With a rumbling groan of
mammoth rock grinding against the massive cliff walls, felt in the
rattle of your bones more than heard, the gates swing open wide.

Doh!

-- Todd Watson, author of "Unraveling God"

Quintin Stone

Nov 18, 2002, 5:11:26 PM11/18/02
On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Jens Bojaryn wrote:

> Have you found some more?

Play Coffee Quest II and try wearing all the various items you find:

>wear all
brown paper: Mailing yourself out of the office is a great idea - not!
Action denied.
quality biro: You cannot wear the biro as the little clip for hooking it
to your shirt pocket is missing. Besides there's always the terror of
ball leakage leaving an embarrassing stain in your pocket!
roll of toilet paper: No, you went to the Christmas do as a mummy last
year. Shame it wasn't fancy dress though.
sticky label: You have already been labelled by your company!
box: Wear a box, never, it's so ten minutes ago!
roll of sticky tape: I can't honestly think that you need sealing -
action denied.
yellow tape: Dewd! That's just strange.

|| Quintin Stone O- > "You speak of necessary evil? One ||
|| Weapons Master & Coder < of those necessities is that if ||
|| Rebel Programmers Society > innocents must suffer, the guilty must ||
|| st...@rps.net < suffer more." -- Mackenzie Calhoun ||
|| http://www.rps.net/ > "Once Burned" by Peter David ||

Jens Bojaryn

Nov 16, 2002, 10:48:54 PM11/16/02
+ User FidoNet address: 1:396/4
From: jens.b...@gmx.net (Jens Bojaryn)

> pray
I'll be damned if that makes any sense.

(from "Unraveling God")

***

You see nothing special about the nothing.

(from "The Case of Samuel Gregor")

***

Suddenly, the kitchen door opens and a shade opens the kitchen door.

(from "Blade Sentinel")

***

Have you found some more?

Gretings

Jens
+ The FidoNet News Gate (New Orleans LA USA) +
+ The views of this user are strictly his or her own. +

Adam Myrow

Nov 17, 2002, 1:16:36 AM11/17/02
+ User FidoNet address: 1:396/4
From: Adam Myrow <amy...@midsouth.rr.com>

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Edward Lacey wrote:

> In Augustine, it's possible for you to be informed when trying to interact
> with Kasil near the end of the game, "The kasil isn't important." Not only
> ungrammatical, but completely incorrect.

It could have been worse. It could have been "the Kasil seems to be

getting angrier!" Lucky that we don't see much AGT or GAGS activity
anymore or we might have seen something like that. Personally, I'm
starting to think that Adrift isn't much better than AGT and non-portable
to boot.

Daneil Lackey

Nov 17, 2002, 12:01:22 AM11/17/02
+ User FidoNet address: 1:396/4
From: Daneil Lackey <drla...@mindless.com>

_Concrete Paradise_:

...life in prison....WITHOUT PAROLE!"

-- daniel

Todd Watson

Nov 17, 2002, 1:45:44 PM11/17/02
+ User FidoNet address: 1:396/4
From: jilla...@earthlink.net (Todd Watson)

> pray
I'll be damned if that makes any sense.

(from "Unraveling God")

***

Hah! That's great! Obviously, despite the religious nature of the
game, it didn't occur to me that someone would try to pray.

Here's another from my game. When approaching the gates of Hell,
you're not supposed to be able to open them. Eventually, they open by
themselves. If, however, you try to open them just as they
automatically open, you get:

>open gate
There was a man, once, a long time ago, who may have been able to
force these gates open. You are not him. With a rumbling groan of
mammoth rock grinding against the massive cliff walls, felt in the
rattle of your bones more than heard, the gates swing open wide.

Doh!

-- Todd Watson, author of "Unraveling God"

Quintin Stone

Nov 18, 2002, 1:11:26 AM11/18/02
+ User FidoNet address: 1:396/4
From: Quintin Stone <st...@rps.net>