dino-comp package uploaded to GMD

1 view

Adam Cadre

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
dino.zip can currently be found at ftp://ftp.gmd.de/incoming/if-archive;
simply unzip the contents into the directory of your choice and then
look at the dino.html file through your web browser for a guide to the
games. ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/mini-comps/games should be the
package's eventual home, so if you don't see it in incoming, look for it
there. (The package should be something on the order of 635K; if you see
a 261K package called dinocomp.zip, ignore it. Mid-upload crashes are
not yor frend.)

Many thanks to those who entered: Gunther Schmidl, Richard Bos, Simon
Lamont, Taro Ogawa, Peter Berman, Admiral Jota, Jason McWright, Quentin
D. Thompson, Aris Katsaris, Tony Delgado, Robb Sherwin, Neil deMause,
David Clysdale, and Jennifer Earl.

-----
Adam Cadre, Sammamish, WA
http://adamcadre.ac

Aris Katsaris

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00

Adam Cadre <a...@adamcadre.ac> wrote in message

Funny: Two games partially inspired by "A Bear's Night Out"...

And the *other* game quite a bit better than mine... <sigh> :-)

[Note: Btw, I feel I must apologise for one or two misspelled/ non-existent
words in my game - not a native english speaker, though that's not
much of an excuse...]

Aris Katsaris

TableSaw

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00
In article <38E62E...@adamcadre.ac>,

re...@adamcadre.ac wrote:
> dino.zip can currently be found at
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/incoming/if-archive;
> simply unzip the contents into the directory of your choice and then
> look at the dino.html file through your web browser for a guide to the
> games. ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/mini-comps/games should be
the
> package's eventual home, so if you don't see it in incoming, look for
it
> there. (The package should be something on the order of 635K; if you
see
> a 261K package called dinocomp.zip, ignore it. Mid-upload crashes are
> not yor frend.)
>
> Many thanks to those who entered: Gunther Schmidl, Richard Bos, Simon
> Lamont, Taro Ogawa, Peter Berman, Admiral Jota, Jason McWright,
Quentin
> D. Thompson, Aris Katsaris, Tony Delgado, Robb Sherwin, Neil deMause,
> David Clysdale, and Jennifer Earl.
>
> -----
> Adam Cadre, Sammamish, WA
> http://adamcadre.ac

Thanks again to Mr. Cadre for doing this.

A note to players:

Someone has pointed out to me that in my game "Very Old Dog", using the
"eat" verb can eliminate a critical item from game play. Please avoid
doing this. Apologies to those who may be confused.

--
Tony
"I've a good mind to write the Doge of Venice about it."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jon Ingold

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00
I feel a heretic in choosing my favourite:

All Hail Taro Ogawa!

Jon

David Kinder

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00
> games. ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/mini-comps/games should be the
> package's eventual home, so if you don't see it in incoming, look for it
> there.

I've rearranged the directory structure of games/mini-comps/ at GMD to
be more sensible - now each mini-comp has its own sub-directory.
The dino comp files are now at
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/mini-comps/dino/dino.zip

David

Taro Ogawa

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
"Jon Ingold" <j...@ingold.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> I feel a heretic in choosing my favourite:
> All Hail Taro Ogawa!
I suspect that "All Stone Taro Ogawa!" is a more likely prospect...

--OH.

--
"My name is Taro - Tori is a Missspelling"

David Glasser

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
Taro Ogawa <Taro....@dao.defence.gov.au> wrote:

> "Jon Ingold" <j...@ingold.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > I feel a heretic in choosing my favourite:
> > All Hail Taro Ogawa!
> I suspect that "All Stone Taro Ogawa!" is a more likely prospect...

Nah, Encryptment has given me hours of enjoyment. Of course, I have to
turn to the Admiral Jota for explanations every so often, and I haven't
finished it yet, but this is a great piece of work.

--
David Glasser | gla...@iname.com | http://www.davidglasser.net/
rec.arts.int-fiction FAQ: http://www.davidglasser.net/raiffaq/