Ing and mirror play

RichD

Oct 16, 2021, 7:38:01 PM10/16/21
Under Ing rules, a player's score includes both territory
and stones. And for tournaments, if the players are of
unequal rank, the higher rank plays white, no komi.

So, if black starts on the center point, then robotically
follows the opponent with mirror go, doesn't that
guarantee a one point win? Can white thwart this strategy?

--
Rich

Robert Jasiek

Nov 18, 2021, 9:16:57 AM11/18/21
There are various counters to mirror go. One can threaten a liberty
shortage on tengen, set up ladders or create 4 kos of which 2 are
larger etc.

RichD

Nov 20, 2021, 7:08:45 PM11/20/21
On November 18, Robert Jasiek wrote:
> There are various counters to mirror go. One can threaten a liberty
> shortage on tengen,

Like, play stones near tengen, then if the opponent responds, he gets awkward shape?

> set up ladders

All ladders will favor the center stone.

> or create 4 kos of which 2 are larger etc.

That's above my pay grade.

But anyway, I don't see how that helps.
If I capture the big ko, opponent replies on the mirror big ko, etc.

--
Rich