About Those Variations....

Hal Womack 3-dan

Jun 9, 2022, 7:45:10 AM6/9/22
The collection of >100 AlphaGo (me, I call it "TopBot") game records at or near the following location:

https://tinyurl.com/2p8j7n3a

= an astounding treasure trove of superhuman genius. I am here seeking help, however, to learn how to deal with one important aspect of this compilation: Throughout the various individual records, one finds repeatedly the notice to:

[See the variation.]

Will some kind soul please tell us how to do this?

sobriquet

Jun 9, 2022, 8:50:58 AM6/9/22
If they tell you to see the variation, you can just click on one of the variations (like click on A or B on the goban) and then use forward arrow at the top to explore that variation.

Robert Jasiek

Jun 19, 2022, 7:45:36 AM6/19/22
Presumably, download SGF and view variations in an SGF editor should
also work.