Best Superhero RPG for a One-Shot

John Geoffrey

Dec 28, 2014, 1:08:02 AM12/28/14
I have a gaming session coming up where I might have some new people in
our group. I know that most of my group, and one or two of the new
people are into superhero comics and all the recent movies.
So I was thinking about doing a small one-shot.
Any recommendations which systems I should look at? I had the old TSR
Marvel Superheroes RPG once, but that one I mostly bought because it was
supposed to be pretty bad (instead of numerical values it had stuff like
Incredible and Astonishing). I actually liked it, but I never got around
playing it with my group.
Oh, and I have a few GURPS books, but I never got into GURPS really.

Jeff Berry

Jan 5, 2015, 10:35:56 AM1/5/15
In article <rhe4nb-...@Zothique.lodz.pl>,
John Geoffrey <gmk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Marvel Superheroes RPG once, but that one I mostly bought because it was
>supposed to be pretty bad (instead of numerical values it had stuff like
>Incredible and Astonishing). I actually liked it, but I never got around
>playing it with my group.
>Oh, and I have a few GURPS books, but I never got into GURPS really.

I'd recommend Golden Heroes/Squadron UK. It is used to be available for free
on the web, but the site seems to be down. Hmm, still available
for relatively cheap on rpgnow - http://www.rpgnow.com/product/107240/Squadron-UK-Basic

I ran it by email for years - http://gh.avigne.org/oldgh/

JB
Jeff Berry - http://www.aspiringluddite.com - food, musings, etc.