Re: music for epic adventure campaign

Message has been deleted

magstheaxe

Feb 17, 2009, 7:03:45 AM2/17/09
to Susan Miller
FWIW:

(1) Soundtracks to the very TV shows and/or movies you mentioned would
be the logical place to start. Indiana Jones is probably too closely
identified with that character to be ported to your game, but the others
probably not so much.

If you're seeking that grand, orchestral sound, you should check out the
works of Danny Elfman and John Williams for their films.

I also like Eric Serrat's work--his score for Luc Besson's "The
Professional" and "La Femme Nikita". Another source would be The Rock
OST and Con-Air (I think both are by Hans Zimmer)...there are some
really excellent tracks available on those. Michael Giacchino did the
weekly score music for the TV show "Alias" and his work is simply
magnificent. His website has MP3 samples from the show.

The tunes from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack are also very adventure/fun.

If you want something very modern/techno-ish, check out an album called
DeckAndDrumsAndRockAndRoll by the Propellerheads. I'll also recommend
Orbital--the music they did for The Saint is great--and the Supreme
Beings of Leisure.

Underwater...I'm not so sure about. I'd probably look to the soundtrack
to "Waterworld" or "Pirates of the Carribean" first.

(2) As for discussion--that's all pretty much moved to web-based forums
like www.RPG.Net and white-wolf's own forums. I just happened to open
my newsreader and I saw your post, so for lack of anything else to do I
replied. But you'll find much more active discussion elsewhere.