Jerry Stratton's Gods and Monsters

Ralph Glatt

Jan 7, 2019, 10:06:03 AM1/7/19
Has anyone heard more about this game system? I have one PDF about it, but there are hints that there are more. The most recent date in the file is 2013.

Ralph Glatt

Jan 7, 2019, 10:42:35 AM1/7/19
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-5, Ralph Glatt wrote:
> Has anyone heard more about this game system? I have one PDF about it, but there are hints that there are more. The most recent date in the file is 2013.

Never mind, I just checked his website. More rules than I had, but a lot of it is a little confusing.

John Geoffrey

Jun 2, 2019, 1:40:53 PM6/2/19
Ralph Glatt <fineousf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-5, Ralph Glatt wrote:> Has anyone heard more about this game system? I have one PDF about it, but there are hints that there are more. The most recent date in the file is 2013.Never mind, I just checked his website. More rules than I had, but a lot of it is a little confusing.

So
what is it about?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Ralph Glatt

Jun 2, 2019, 9:35:37 PM6/2/19
On Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 1:40:53 PM UTC-4, John Geoffrey wrote:
> Ralph Glatt <fineousf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> > On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-5, Ralph Glatt wrote:> Has anyone heard more about this game system? I have one PDF about it, but there are hints that there are more. The most recent date in the file is 2013.Never mind, I just checked his website. More rules than I had, but a lot of it is a little confusing.
>
> So
> what is it about?

The rules are based on the author's memories of his earlier role playing days.The setting is in a variant fantasy medieval Europe. The rules are scattered among several files, like OD&D but a little worse. Two of the monsters in the game that cought my eye are 1) a cucumber (based on the sea cucumber, not the tasty vegetable) and 2) a barking spider. I'd like to play it sometime, if I could talk my persnickety players into it.

Ninapenda Jibini

Jun 3, 2019, 12:19:29 AM6/3/19

> 2) a barking spider.

I presume it actually barks like a dog, rather than the hissing sound
real life barking spiders make?

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

John Geoffrey

Jun 3, 2019, 6:08:08 AM6/3/19
On 03/06/2019 03:35, Ralph Glatt wrote:
> On Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 1:40:53 PM UTC-4, John Geoffrey wrote:
>> Ralph Glatt <fineousf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>>> On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-5, Ralph Glatt wrote:> Has anyone heard more about this game system? I have one PDF about it, but there are hints that there are more. The most recent date in the file is 2013..Never mind, I just checked his website. More rules than I had, but a lot of it is a little confusing.
>>
>> So
>> what is it about?
>
> The rules are based on the author's memories of his earlier role playing days.The setting is in a variant fantasy medieval Europe. The rules are scattered among several files, like OD&D but a little worse. Two of the monsters in the game that cought my eye are 1) a cucumber (based on the sea cucumber, not the tasty vegetable) and 2) a barking spider. I'd like to play it sometime, if I could talk my persnickety players into it.

that sounds... interesting. how would a cucumber monster even work?

on the other hand I once saw a monster entry for toast

Ralph Glatt

Jun 3, 2019, 8:23:05 AM6/3/19
On Monday, June 3, 2019 at 12:19:29 AM UTC-4, Ninapenda Jibini wrote:
> Ralph Glatt <fineousf...@gmail.com> wrote in
>

> > 2) a barking spider.
>
> I presume it actually barks like a dog, rather than the hissing sound
> real life barking spiders make?

Yes, it barks like a dog. I'm surprised I haven't seen someone write one up already.

Ralph Glatt

Jun 3, 2019, 8:26:12 AM6/3/19
It squirted its stomach out when it attacks, then tries to suck it back in once it hits an opponent.

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Jun 3, 2019, 1:39:39 PM6/3/19
John Geoffrey <gmk...@gmail.com> wrote in
We must not forget (and should never turn our backs on) Redneck
Trees.

https://www.somethingpositive.net/sp05042002.shtml

(Warning: NOT SAFE FOR WORK. This applies to the entire site.)

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

Vacation photos from Iceland:

John Geoffrey

Jun 3, 2019, 3:08:02 PM6/3/19
I don't know, the last few years SP has become way more settled. All the
really edgy stuff was in the first decade or so.

Now Oglaf on the other hand...

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Jun 3, 2019, 4:45:44 PM6/3/19
John Geoffrey <gmk...@gmail.com> wrote in
It's true, though he still has moments that a priggish office would
find objectionable, and there's links to the archive.

The strip in question, however, is unambiguously NSFW, with Special
Attacks like "Improve Anal Plundering" and "Money Shot."

> Now Oglaf on the other hand...

I've only ever seen one comic more thoroughly NSFW, and that was a
full blown hentai comic.