The Oldest TTRPG Forum on the Net

gbbgu

Jan 19, 2024, 12:40:26 AMJan 19
Stuffed Crocodile wrote a blog post about this newsgroup. If I'd know our
photo was going to be taken I would have combed my hair.

The Oldest TTRPG Forum on the Net
=================================

Did you know there is an online forum for tabletop role-playing games that has
been around since the early 80s, and which still is active and operating?

<https://gmkeros.wordpress.com/2024/01/12/the-oldest-ttrpg-forum-on-the-net/>

--
gbbgu

lkh

Jan 19, 2024, 2:31:21 AMJan 19
liked and subscribed :)

--
l...@sdf-eu.org
SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf-eu.org

kyonshi

Jan 19, 2024, 4:32:49 AMJan 19
ha, I wasn't gonna link the article here because I thought everyone here
already knows how to get to Usenet. :D

I was trying to entice some people in the hobby to have a look at the
rec.games.frp. hierarchy again. But I guess having a rather obscure blog
even a few hundred views don't necessarily equate to a measurable
increase in posters...

Justisaur

Jan 21, 2024, 1:58:41 PMJan 21
Yeah I fought that fight for r.g.f.dnd for years, but got nowhere. I
haven't even played an online game in almost a year now so haven't been
interested as much.

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
\\
^'

kyonshi

Jan 22, 2024, 12:24:19 PMJan 22
I have recently started to play in two online games that I find quite
nice, and noticed that one of the GMs also has a net news server running.