WotC Promo Tour, help us plan it!

Peter D. Adkison

Jun 20, 1993, 5:49:36 PM6/20/93

Greetings,

For those of you who don't already know me, I am Peter Adkison, the
janitor (and president) at Wizards of the Coast. My wife Cathleen and
I are planning on a road trip in the Western US in early August,
combining pleasure and business. Our main goal from a business
perspective is to run demos of a new game WotC is coming out with this
summer that we think will be our hottest product ever. Our current
proposed schedule of demo games is as follows:

8/2 Portland, Oregon
8/3 Eugene, Oregon
8/4 Grants Pass, Oregon
8/5 Redding, Oregon
8/6 Sacramento, California
8/7 San Francisco, California
8/8 Fresno, California
8/9 Bakersfield, California
8/10 Los Angelas, California
8/11 San Diego, California
8/12
8/13 Pheonix, Arizona
8/14
8/15 Albuquerque, New Mexico
8/16 Colorado Springs, Colorado

Some of this is flexible depending on feedback we get. The hard data
points are that we can't leave before the 2nd of August, and I have to
be back to Seattle by the morning of the 18th of August to fly to The
GenCon Game Faire. I want to spend some time in Pheonix with my
relatives, and in Colorado Springs with an old friend and some of my
wife's relatives. We were thinking of driving down the west coast and
then swinging up around to Colorado Springs, and then fly home from
Denver.

What I'm looking for are two things:

* Ideas of places to crash along the way, since we'd like to minimize
hotel costs. KOA's, rest areas with shower facilities, etc.

* Suggestions of retail stores for demo sites. We can do one demo in
each city, but we have no idea what stores are in each place. If you
have a suggestion please include the address and/or phone number of
the store.

I'd also love to meet any of you netters out there, so let me know if
you live along this rout and we'll see if we can get together!

--Mavra!
Peter D. Adkison
Janitor, Wizards of the Coast
ma...@wizards.com

The above internet address should be used for e-mail if it is
different from the e-mail address in the header.

Dunkelzahn the Greater Dragon

Jun 21, 1993, 4:04:38 AM6/21/93
In article <MAVRA.93J...@bailey.cpac.washington.edu> ma...@cpac.washington.edu (Peter D. Adkison) writes:

>8/15 Albuquerque, New Mexico

>* Suggestions of retail stores for demo sites. We can do one demo in
>each city, but we have no idea what stores are in each place. If you
>have a suggestion please include the address and/or phone number of
>the store.

Well, you probably know this one already, since they carry your
stuff, but try Wargames West in Albuquerque, NM. Maybe you could visit
the East Coast next time? :)

Dunkelzahn