[kickstarter] Knock! Issue Four

gbbgu

Nov 30, 2023, 4:23:50 AM11/30/23
An Adventure Gaming Bric-a-Brac. Being A Compendium of Miscellanea for
Old-School RPGs. For us OSR weirdos and curious D&D heads alike.

KNOCK! issue 4 is ready to go to press, just waiting for you to pledge. You
know the formula: no theme, all mean. Once again, we've cobbled together a
bric-à-brac of game design insight, random tables, rules suggestions,
monsters, classes, maps, adventures… the lot. We've also added a short series
(12 pages) aimed at post-WotC meltdown 5E refugees (or just your friends who
you’d like to bring over to the adventure gaming side of the divide).

The book is 212 pages (A5 format: 5.9’ x 8.25’, slightly bigger than digest
size) in beautiful full colour, printed on quality paper (coated 130 gr, with
a cover on coated 300 gr) by Olivier's neighbours in the South Basque country.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/896102915/knock-issue-four
--
gbbgu

gbbgu

Nov 30, 2023, 4:32:54 AM11/30/23
I have the 3 previous Knock! books and I think they're great. They typography
is a bit all over the place, different styles used throughout the book, so if
that's not your thing you won't like this. Make them a bit hard to read, but
at least they're pretty to look and and not boring :)

Books are really solid, and have content on every place they can, including
the dust jackets.

--
gbbgu

kyonshi

Dec 25, 2023, 5:14:42 AM12/25/23
I looked at the kickstarters for them I think, but I really couldn't
justify paying that much shipping. But I am living a bit off the beaten
path.

gbbgu

Jan 10, 2024, 7:45:33 PMJan 10
The shipping is the biggest pain point for a lot of kickstarters. I'd grab a
lot more stuff, but when the shipping is equal to the cost of the item I also
just have to let it go. They're not Pokemon and I don't need them all :)

--
gbbgu

kyonshi

Jan 11, 2024, 3:58:14 AMJan 11
yeah but at least some of them would be nice to have. I have gone on to
buy much more stuff lately, despite shipping. Because I feel like I'm at
a point in my life that some wasteful spending is ok. So I order more
stuff from Lulu that I really should have bought ten years ago :D
(I finally got around buying Starships and Spacemen for example)
Still, from what I remember Knock was way more expensive to ship to my
place than the magazine even would have cost.