Help please? I need Raistlin Majere's stats

Meaghan Horner

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
I'm going to be running a Dragonlance campaign soon, and one of my friends
graciously lent me his Dragonlance box set. However, it's fairly old, and some
of the character cards are missing--including Raistlin's. Could someone please
either email me his stats or post them to this newsgroup?

Thank you so much,
Meaghan
Rando...@aol.com

SirAyastar

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
From "Azrael":

[Text moved, it's customary to have the text which you are
discussing above your own comments.]

>Meaghan Horner <rando...@aol.com> wrote in message

>Well, here he is:
>
>20th Level Human Black Robe Wizard
>Str: 10
>Int: 17
>Wis: 14
>Dex: 16
>Con: 10
>Chr: 15
>
>Thac0: 9
>Alignment: CE
>HP: 44
>AC: -2

GAH! Can I play this character through the dragonlance modules?
Pretty please?

I have most of the Dragonlance stuff...somewhere. Of course since
I now want to find them I can't...anyways he starts at I believe 3rd
level. He does have the staff of magius which you should have stats
for in the main book though he only knows how to feather fall
and cast light from it. His spells were few. He had (From memory):

1st:
Sleep
Read Magic
Detect Magic
Tensers Floating Disc

2nd:
Web

I distinctly remember him having floating disc but it's also one of
those spells that doesn't exist on Krynn (It's a 'name' spell)...

His stats look right except for con, but it may just have been a
special characteristic like his eyes and such.

If nobody else comes through drop me an email and I'll rip my
place apart for them.

--
"Nobody ever said anything worth Quoting" --Anonymous

Return my address to its undiluted capitalist state from
its present misguided state, go ahead the computer
says you should and the computer is your friend...Right?

Azrael

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
Well, here he is:

20th Level Human Black Robe Wizard
Str: 10
Int: 17
Wis: 14
Dex: 16
Con: 10
Chr: 15

Thac0: 9
Alignment: CE
HP: 44
AC: -2

Azrael

Marshall

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

> I have most of the Dragonlance stuff...somewhere. Of course since
> I now want to find them I can't...anyways he starts at I believe 3rd
> level. He does have the staff of magius which you should have stats
> for in the main book though he only knows how to feather fall
> and cast light from it. His spells were few. He had (From memory):
>
> 1st:
> Sleep
> Read Magic
> Detect Magic
> Tensers Floating Disc
>
> 2nd:
> Web

He also used comprehend languages (at the lair of the black dragon),
friends (with the gully dwarves), and lightning bolt (in the final book
during to save his brother). Note that Raistlin was unique among black
robed wizards with his access to invocation/evocation magic, probably for
the same reason Tanis was able to exceed half-elf racial limits for
ranger--something in a sage advice mentioned the influence and closeness
of the gods allowing the main characters unique advantages.

Pam and Alan Watson

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

Azrael <azr...@SPAMALICIOUS.subdimension.com> wrote in message

Meaghan meant the beginning character.
The ability scores are the same.
He started at 5th level IIRC(might be 4th or 6th), and had only 8hp.
He starts with the really cool Staff of Magius.

SirAyastar

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
Marshall wrote:
>Me [PLEASE ATTRIBUTE TEXT!]

Well for a simpler explaination you can just assume he learned
lightning bolt while still a red robe. That is if you're playing the
first edition (and better written one IMO) DL adventures.

In Tales of the Lance boxed set all mages have access to
invocation/evocation and spell below 4th level are usable even if
outside allowable schools, sorta.

Now for the spells. Comprehend languages is likely, I may have
just forgotten it, along with friends. Though I think it may have been
charm not friends. At least on Bupu. Lightning bolt wasn't known
at the start since he was only (And I am certain of this) 3rd level. If
we want to be anal and include the whole series he knowns a good
deal more spells, including some that are known only to him. My list
were his starting spells. For example he casts Hold Portal in the first
book but this is NOT on my list, since it wasn't on the card. He mentions it's
from Fistandalus (Gah, spelling) spellbook.

Somebody else mentioned he was like 5th, this is not true. The
starting characters were no higher level then 3rd with some being
only 2nd.

Yes, I read too many crappy DL books/sourcebooks.

Christopher Adams

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
> 20th Level Human Black Robe Wizard
> Str: 10
> Int: 17
> Wis: 14
> Dex: 16
> Con: 10
> Chr: 15
>
> Thac0: 9
> Alignment: CE
> HP: 44
> AC: -2

Except that if there are character cards, he means Raistlin at the start. Which
means 3rd-level Human Red Robe Wizard, stats the same (I assume), THAC0 18 (or
20, I forget), Alignment N (I think), HP something like 10, AC 8.

--
Christopher Adams
A man of no fortune, and with a name to come.

"There can be only" ONE WAY

- Street sign, Highlander Lane, Melbourne

"You wash your mouth out with - Hank!"

- Hank Kingsley, "The Larry Sanders Show"

Jigga4evr

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
his stats on DLC# 3 are:
Level: 6
STR:10 WIS:14 CON: 10 INT:17 DEX:16
CHR:10
Thaco:19
Alignment: N
AC: 5
Staff of magius,
LANG:Common, Qualinesti, Magius
spells: !st-4, 2nd-2, 3rd-2

turloughdubh

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Alright, since no-one has been able to get the stats (which I find difficult to
believe) here they are...

This is at the beginning of DL1, btw...the very beginning, just after the Test.

Raistlin

3rd-level human mage
STR:10
DEX: 16
CON: 10
INT: 17
WIS:14
CHR:10

Thac0:20
AL: N
HP: 8
AC:5 (Staff of the Magius, DEX Bonus)

Weapon: Staff of the Magius
Equipment: Staff of the Magius
REST AS SELECTED BY PLAYER
Languages: Common, Qualinesti Elf, Magius
Spell Use: 2 1st level spells, 1 2nd level per day

At the towers of High Sorcery, I passed the great tests set by the spirits of
long-dead sages and wizards.
The tests tried me greatly and almost broke me. Now I see the world through
hourglass eyes that show me
many things I cannot speak of. Much of my health is gone, yet the magical
powers that I possess may prove to be more valuable than good health.
As we departed the towers, I heard the voice of an ancient mage say to me alone:
"Use well you[r] powers, for the time is nigh when your strength is needed i[n]
the struggle to rebalance the world."

René Kragh Pedersen

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
SirAyastar wrote:
[...]

> from Fistandalus (Gah, spelling) spellbook.

Fistandantilus.

> Somebody else mentioned he was like 5th, this is not true. The
> starting characters were no higher level then 3rd with some being
> only 2nd.

[...]

He's third level at the start. He took the Test (in the Tower of High
Sorcery in Wayreth Forest) at second level which is quite extraordinary
as you _always_ take the Test to go from third to fourth level (which is
also the time where you have to declare your robe-colour).

He most definitely used Magic Missile in Wayreth Forest.
--
René Kragh Pedersen
"Never ask for directions in Wales Baldrick, you'll be washing spit

Mad Hamish

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:57:54 +0800, mars...@brandeis.edu (Marshall) wrote:

>> I have most of the Dragonlance stuff...somewhere. Of course since
>> I now want to find them I can't...anyways he starts at I believe 3rd
>> level. He does have the staff of magius which you should have stats
>> for in the main book though he only knows how to feather fall
>> and cast light from it. His spells were few. He had (From memory):
>>
>> 1st:
>> Sleep
>> Read Magic
>> Detect Magic
>> Tensers Floating Disc
>>
>> 2nd:
>> Web
>>
>He also used comprehend languages (at the lair of the black dragon),
>friends (with the gully dwarves),

That was charm person and only on Bupu...

The Politician's Slogan
'You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all
of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
Fortunately only a simple majority is required.'

Mad Hamish

Hamish Laws
h_l...@postoffice.utas.edu.au
h_l...@tassie.net.au

Michael C. Rosati

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
Mad Hamish wrote:

> >> I have most of the Dragonlance stuff...somewhere. Of course since
> >> I now want to find them I can't...anyways he starts at I believe 3rd
> >> level. He does have the staff of magius which you should have stats
> >> for in the main book though he only knows how to feather fall
> >> and cast light from it. His spells were few. He had (From memory):
> >>
> >> 1st:
> >> Sleep
> >> Read Magic
> >> Detect Magic
> >> Tensers Floating Disc
> >>
> >> 2nd:
> >> Web
> >>
> >He also used comprehend languages (at the lair of the black dragon),
> >friends (with the gully dwarves),

I'm not sure it was Charm Person, as the other post suggested. The clue is that
*all* the gully dwarves liked him, not just Bupu, although Bupu never really got
over it. I think you're right on that one. We also see him use Burning Hands
(in the first encounter with draconians near Darken Wood) and Magic Missile
(against a goblin in the companions' return to Solace). As he begins to
advance, he uses Knock (from Fistandantilus's spellbook in the Sla-Mori). After
DoAT, Tracy Hickman tells us ("Annotated Chronicles") that he began to make up
spells as necessary to fit the story. One of these "made-up" spells was
certainly the spell Raistlin cast to protect the companions in Tarsis when the
Red Dragon Inn collapsed around them. (If there's a "real" spell I'm
forgetting, let me know.)

Mike

Peter Steen Kristiansen

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Michael C. Rosati wrote:
> [...]
[SNIP Raistlin spells from peoples memory]

If you are interested I can look them up for you??

-----Peter (sds) Kristiansen-----
Petkr Stdro, Nesmazda of Panodil

Jason Hatter

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
On 17 Dec 1999, in rec.games.frp.dnd, micr...@optonline.net
(Michael C. Rosati) proclaimed <385A1594...@optonline.net>:

>encounter with draconians near Darken Wood) and Magic Missile
>(against a goblin in the companions' return to Solace). As he

Sleep on the goblins when they *fled* Solace...

>the story. One of these "made-up" spells was certainly the spell
>Raistlin cast to protect the companions in Tarsis when the Red
>Dragon Inn collapsed around them. (If there's a "real" spell I'm

That *could* have been a Wall of Force...
--
Jason
ICQ#24332701

Michael Crane

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:55:55 GMT, h_l...@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Mad
Hamish) wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:57:54 +0800, mars...@brandeis.edu (Marshall) wrote:
>

>>> I have most of the Dragonlance stuff...somewhere. Of course since
>>> I now want to find them I can't...anyways he starts at I believe 3rd
>>> level. He does have the staff of magius which you should have stats
>>> for in the main book though he only knows how to feather fall
>>> and cast light from it. His spells were few. He had (From memory):

>>> 1st:
>>> Sleep
>>> Read Magic
>>> Detect Magic
>>> Tensers Floating Disc
>>>
>>> 2nd:
>>> Web
>>>
>>He also used comprehend languages (at the lair of the black dragon),
>>friends (with the gully dwarves),
>

>That was charm person and only on Bupu...

I don't know about his spells, and these stats are from the original
module DL4 (Dragons of Desolation) published in 1984.

Raistlin - 5th level Human Magic-User
Strength 10
Dexterity 16
Constitution 10
Intelligence 17
Wisdom 14
Charisma 10
Alignment: Neutral
Hit Points: 15
AC: 5 (Staff of Magius, DEX bonus)

Staff of Magius (+3 protection, +2 to hit, damage 1-8, can cast
Continual Light and Feather Fall once per day).

Languages: Common, Qualinesti Elf, magius

Spell Use: 4-1st level, 2-2nd level, 1-3rd level.