FREE GAME: Free Stars

Spalls Hurgenson

Feb 20, 2024, 10:54:17 AMFeb 20

Okay, this one is actually both more and less exciting than it sounds.

* Free Stars: The Ur-Quan Masters
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2645580/Free_Stars_The_UrQuan_Masters/
Less, because a) this isn't a special offer that you gotta
run to take advantage of, and b) because the game was free
before; it just had another name. Essentially, this is just
"Star Control 2" (remember that classic?) with a new title,
forced upon it due to various legal issues. Still, the game is
still well regarded (despite its age) and it being free is
just icing on the cake.

So, free game and Star Control is back; that's cool. Grab it today, or
tomorrow, or whenever. But grab it. It's an excellent DOS-era game
with some nice modern QOL flourishes, and it wants to be in your
library.

Spalls Hurgenson

Feb 20, 2024, 10:58:33 AMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:54:10 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Okay, this one is actually both more and less exciting than it sounds.

Did I just post this to the wrong newsgroup?

Why, yes, I did.

Sorry about that. Ignore it. I'm sure it will find its way to the
right place on its own.

Zaghadka

Feb 20, 2024, 6:00:21 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:58:21 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
I cast fireball...

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

Spalls Hurgenson

Feb 21, 2024, 10:25:46 AMFeb 21
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 17:00:18 -0600, Zaghadka <zagh...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I cast fireball...

I rolled a 14 on my save vs spells. Also, I casually remind the DM
that I'm the only one who brought any snacks for the group today. ;-)

dozens

Feb 21, 2024, 6:12:49 PMFeb 21
Ur-Quan Masters is dope!
Well worth it to install it and try it out