What’s The Greatest D&D Video Game?

Ubiquitous

Aug 4, 2018, 5:13:56 AM8/4/18
In today’s episode of the podcast, Morrus and Peter wonder what the
greatest D&D video game of all time is! We also cover the latest RPG
news including Warhammer 40K: Wrath & Glory, a BioWare developer’s new
Dungeons & Dragons setting, Joe Manganiello’s new D&D clothing line,
more Pathfinder playtest news, and more, plus play our favourite game
in all the world and listen in as the Monster Psychologist helps a
troll with an odd phobia.

https://youtu.be/qmj3-e7c54k

kyonshi

Dec 28, 2023, 10:06:01 AM12/28/23
On 8/4/2018 11:13 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> In today’s episode of the podcast, Morrus and Peter wonder what the
> greatest D&D video game of all time is! We also cover the latest RPG
> news including Warhammer 40K: Wrath & Glory, a BioWare developer’s new
> Dungeons & Dragons setting, Joe Manganiello’s new D&D clothing line,
> more Pathfinder playtest news, and more, plus play our favourite game
> in all the world and listen in as the Monster Psychologist helps a
> troll with an odd phobia.
>
> https://youtu.be/qmj3-e7c54k

Tower of Doom
Shadow over Mystara
Dark Sun I+II
Planescape Torment
Warriors of the Eternal Sun

There you have it.

Spalls Hurgenson

Dec 28, 2023, 8:27:07 PM12/28/23
Let's see; mine would be:

* Baldur's Gate - captured the feeling of the tabletop game better
than almost any other

* Planescape - great story, slightly weak in the gameplay, excellent
soundtrack

* Pool of Radiance - while dated compared to modern games, it was
revolutionary at the time.

* Neverwinter Nights - not so much for the gameplay of the core game,
but for the framework that allowed so many excellent mods

* Eye of the Beholder - not a personal favorite, but still a well-made
game that helped revitalize interest in the franchise

* Shadow over Mystara/Tower of Doom - a feature-packed brawler that
inexplicably also managed to captured the essence of D&D

Also, special mention to

* Stronghold: The D&D Kingdom Simulator - not a great game by any
means, but one I quite enjoyed playing

Now... as for the worst? That's much harder.

Slayer? Pirates of Realmspace? Daggerdale? Iron & Blood? There are so
many stinkers to choose from!

kyonshi

Jan 4, 2024, 5:40:10 AMJan 4
On 12/29/2023 2:26 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> Now... as for the worst? That's much harder.
>
> Slayer? Pirates of Realmspace? Daggerdale? Iron & Blood? There are so
> many stinkers to choose from!

Descent to Undermountain was... pretty bad. Using the engine for a space
shooter for a dungeon crawler was maybe not the best idea.