[SR] Map of Aztlan?

Gurth

Jul 9, 2016, 4:31:24 PM7/9/16
Is there a map of Aztlan in any fourth- or fifth-edition book that
shows the country’s state borders? I assume they’re much like the
modern Mexican ones, but I’m wondering where the borders were drawn in
the territory that was once in the USA (like southern Texas, Arizona,
etc.). The old Aztlan sourcebook doesn’t give any clues on this that I
could find without reading it in full.

--
Gu...@xs4all.nl - http://www.understairs.nl | www.plasticwarriors.org
Dat is zoveel beter dan domweg gelukkig zijn

Peter Boddy

Jul 11, 2016, 10:37:53 AM7/11/16
I think "War" from the 4th/20th Anniversary edition has a map of Aztlan
and Amazonia. I'm at work so I can't confirm currently.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 7:57 AM, Gurth <gu...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

Is there a map of Aztlan in any fourth- or fifth-edition book that shows
the country’s state borders? I assume they’re much like the modern
Mexican ones, but I’m wondering where the borders were drawn in the
territory that was once in the USA (like southern Texas, Arizona, etc.).
The old Aztlan sourcebook doesn’t give any clues on this that I could
find without reading it in full.

--
Gu...@xs4all.nl - http://www.understairs.nl | www.plasticwarriors.org
? Dat is zoveel beter dan domweg gelukkig zijn
-> Fearless Leader of shadowrn.understairs.nl * Triangle Virtuoso <-
-> Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998 <-

--
I think the "Three Strikes" rule becomes a lot more effective when the
third strike is orbital in nature.

Gurth

Jul 11, 2016, 10:41:30 AM7/11/16
Op 11 jul. 2016, om 13:40 heeft Peter Boddy <pdb...@gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven:

> I think "War" from the 4th/20th Anniversary edition has a map of
> Aztlan and Amazonia. I'm at work so I can't confirm currently.

You don’t mean the 20th anniversary edition main rulebook, do you? I
just looked in that and couldn’t find a section titled “War” nor a map
of Aztlan.

John Geoffrey

Jul 11, 2016, 1:26:47 PM7/11/16
No, there was a sourcebook called that.

https://www.amazon.com/War-Shadowrun-Sourcebook-David-Hill/dp/1934857688

Don't know if it has a map though, I just know the book exists.

In article <8591FD86-371B-4197...@xs4all.nl>, gu...@xs4all.nl
wrote:
--
----
Stuffed Crocodile Blog

Gurth

Jul 11, 2016, 7:12:44 PM7/11/16
Op 11 jul. 2016, om 15:52 heeft John Geoffrey <gmk...@gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven:

>No, there was a sourcebook called that.

I figured as much, but the 20th anniversary comment confused me a bit.

>Don't know if it has a map though, I just know the book exists.

Indeed it does … I stopped keeping up after the first few years of fourth
edition. If anyone has it, could I ask you check it for me? :)

Peter Boddy

Jul 11, 2016, 7:20:03 PM7/11/16
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, but I see the 4th edition as two parts, 4th
edition, and then once the 20th edition came out, all the sourcebooks
after it were 20th edition in my mind.

I'll check my copy of War when I get home, assuming no one else has.

In article <986C2983-7E49-4A77...@xs4all.nl>,

Gurth

Aug 26, 2016, 5:02:52 AM8/26/16
Op 11 jul. 2016, om 13:40 heeft Peter Boddy <pdb...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

> I think "War" from the 4th/20th Anniversary edition has a map of Aztlan and Amazonia.
> I'm at work so I can't confirm currently.

To whom it may be of interest (which, I suspect, will mainly be me): I
finally managed to obtain a bunch of fourth-edition books, and War! doesn’t
seem to say much about Aztlan’s internal organization. The Sixth World
Almanac does, though I get the distinct impression the writer of the chapter
on Aztlan didn’t really look at maps for it. The chapter has a list of
Aztlan’s states, and that is basically one of all modern Mexican states plus
the countries in Central and South America that Aztlan absorbed, but minus a
few omissions — mainly a few of the smaller Mexican states. It certainly
doesn’t give me the impression that the writer realized how much territory
Aztlan gained along its northern border, but rather (if he/she thought about
it at all) that the new land would simply be incorporated into the existing
states.