[SR3] 3rd Edition PDFs on bundle of holding

Brett Ritter

Aug 18, 2016, 6:18:04 PM8/18/16

http://bundleofholding.com

If you've not encountered them before, they offer cheap, legal PDF bundles
temporarily with proceeds split between the authors and a charity. ? They just
put up a 3rd edition SR offering.

Typically they will add more PDFs as the week continues (with anyone that
bought the bigger bundle getting the new PDFs at no extra cost). ?
I've gotten far too many bundles from them in the past, and have no
complaints. ? If you have a whole in your collection you want to fill, you
could do worse. ?

--
Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
swif...@swiftone.org

Gurth

Aug 20, 2016, 8:22:41 AM8/20/16
Op 17 aug. 2016, om 22:52 heeft Brett Ritter <swif...@swiftone.org> het
volgende geschreven:

>http://bundleofholding.com
>
>If you've not encountered them before, they offer cheap, legal PDF bundles
>temporarily with proceeds split between the authors and a charity. They just
>put up a 3rd edition SR offering.

Thanks, I’ll be sure to check it out. Might just find they have PDFs I don’t
have yet.

--
Gu...@xs4all.nl - http://www.understairs.nl | www.plasticwarriors.org
Dat is zoveel beter dan domweg gelukkig zijn

Max Noel

Aug 20, 2016, 8:27:36 AM8/20/16
Interesting. What's the PDF quality like? Are they actual full-text-searchable
things, or just raw bitmap scans of the books?

-- Max

In article <AGD.201608...@MX2.NXF4160817172919972>,
swif...@swiftone.org wrote:

>http://bundleofholding.com
>
>If you've not encountered them before, they offer cheap, legal PDF bundles
>temporarily with proceeds split between the authors and a charity. They just
>put up a 3rd edition SR offering.
>
>Typically they will add more PDFs as the week continues (with anyone that
>bought the bigger bundle getting the new PDFs at no extra cost).
>I've gotten far too many bundles from them in the past, and have no
>complaints. If you have a whole in your collection you want to fill, you
>could do worse.

John Constable

Aug 20, 2016, 8:31:27 AM8/20/16
Good quality, searchable, but depends on source, of course! Pretty sure that
these will be straight out of dtrpg...

Like Brett, I've bought a number of their bundles. No regrets!

Roger Bell_West

Aug 20, 2016, 8:33:02 AM8/20/16
On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 11:29:48PM +0100, John Constable wrote:

>Good quality, searchable, but depends on source, of course! Pretty sure that
>these will be straight out of dtrpg...

Yes, these all seem to have been textified. They're from 2005 and
later, so it's not like the Torg rereleases where they've had to do
major work to get them into modern machine-readable form.

Roger

Scott Harrison

Aug 20, 2016, 8:37:39 AM8/20/16
When I purchased mine through DriveThru RPG years ago they came out text-
searchable which is very useful. (Look for “mace” in the basic rules and you
get two hits for “pharmaceuticals” but in Cannon Companion you actually get
mace hits.) The only issue with the DriveThru RPG PDFs is they are
watermarked, but I knew that going in.

Scott

Roger Bell_West

Aug 20, 2016, 8:40:29 AM8/20/16
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 07:37:29AM -0700, Scott Harrison wrote:

>The only issue with the DriveThru RPG PDFs is they are
>watermarked, but I knew that going in.

Which Bundle of Holding PDFs never are.