Space Taxi Clone

Vampyre Hunter

Aug 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/22/99
Does anybody remember an old game for c64 called space taxi?

I am making a space taxish type game and wonder if anybody would be
interested in telling me what they would like to see in that type of game.
Also discussing the lander type physics would help too.

I have seen one good clone on Macintosh, 2 on Amiga and none for PC, does
anybody know of an existing taxi game for pc?

Space taxi is a passion for me and since I have C=64, Amiga, Macintosh and
a PC I like varity :)

Thanks,
VH

bryan godwin

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
Yea! I used to love that game on my old c64. I haven't seen anything
similar since. what sort of improvements are you intending to make for
your version. Real time I assume? It sounds like it could be a very
fun game.

-Bryan Godwin
Lead Designer
Saccharin Studios

Vampyre Hunter

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
bgo...@home.com (bryan godwin) wrote in <37C2C764...@home.com>:

coldn't improve on the original i guess heh heh

I actually just want to make a version that is 'less 8-bit' then the
original... realtime and 3d are considerations

Alexander Deubelbeiss

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99

Vampyre Hunter schrieb in Nachricht
<8E2C8DB93vampy...@news.point.total-web.net>...

>bgo...@home.com (bryan godwin) wrote in <37C2C764...@home.com>:
>
>>Yea! I used to love that game on my old c64. I haven't seen anything
>>similar since. what sort of improvements are you intending to make for
>>your version. Real time I assume? It sounds like it could be a very
>>fun game.
>>

>coldn't improve on the original i guess heh heh
>
>I actually just want to make a version that is 'less 8-bit' then the
>original... realtime and 3d are considerations

sorry... realtime?? as opposed to what, when speaking of Space Taxi? I have
a faint feeling I'm being extremely stupid, but I can't be sure, so please
enlighten me...

(oh, and: Yes, it was one of the really great computer game ideas.)

George

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
Vampyre Hunter <vampyr...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

> Does anybody remember an old game for c64 called space taxi?
>
> I am making a space taxish type game and wonder if anybody would be
> interested in telling me what they would like to see in that type of
game.
> Also discussing the lander type physics would help too.

What a classic game! I've thought of attempting to re-create a version
of it myself.

Just make sure you include the "one pixel of collision even while
moving at a crawl will turn the taxi into a fireball of death"
concept.

And even more important than that, you MUST include the sound of the
would-be passengers hailing you in that nearly incomprehensibly
gravelly voice: "HEY TAXI". "PAD 1 PLEASE".

Are you going to put it up on a web page somewhere? Would love to see
how you go.

--
======
George

Vampyre Hunter

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
In article <37c3...@roc.servcom.net.au>, George <nos...@here.com>
wrote:

> What a classic game! I've thought of attempting to re-create a version
> of it myself.
>
> Just make sure you include the "one pixel of collision even while
> moving at a crawl will turn the taxi into a fireball of death"
> concept.
>
> And even more important than that, you MUST include the sound of the
> would-be passengers hailing you in that nearly incomprehensibly
> gravelly voice: "HEY TAXI". "PAD 1 PLEASE".
>
> Are you going to put it up on a web page somewhere? Would love to see
> how you go.
>
> --
> ======
> George

Yes I will make a web page with screen shots... will post url soon... :)

Vampyre Hunter

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
In article <7pus4e$jc7$1...@bw107zhb.bluewin.ch>, Alexander Deubelbeiss
<deub...@hotbot.com> wrote:

> sorry... realtime?? as opposed to what, when speaking of Space Taxi? I have
> a faint feeling I'm being extremely stupid, but I can't be sure, so please
> enlighten me...
>
> (oh, and: Yes, it was one of the really great computer game ideas.)

I thought the same thing when I was reading, but then I decided
(probably a wrong assumption but its what I went with) that the person
was thinking along the lines of quake being realtime and pacman not
(although they are the same game principle, one 3d the other flat
2d)... so that is how I replyed. So if I was incorrect in that
assumption sorry, cause when I flew space taxi I sweated more than I
did when I played gunship (or any 'real' flight sim) hehehehhe :)

imad...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 8:23:30 AM3/20/14