Please give me some help.

zeflox

Jan 20, 2024, 12:53:20 PMJan 20
I'm a newbie to CW. When I try to send my warrior to koth@sal this error
comes up:

>Error processing your e-mail.
>
>I don't understand this line.

I don't know how to deal with it.
And this is the e-mail I sent:
>;redcode-94b
>;name MotherShip
>;author ZeFlox
>;strategy double silk -> rock
>;assert 1
>fstep equ 1000
>sstep equ 125
>start spl 1, 0
> spl 1, 0
> mov -1, 0
>fsilk spl @fsilk, #fstep
> mov }fsilk, >fsilk
>ssilk spl @ssilk, #sstep
> mov }ssilk, >ssilk
> rock spl rock, >rock-1
> mov 1, >rock-1
> dat <rock-2, #2-rock
>@end

(I'm not a native English speaker, so please excuse my poor English. XP

John Metcalf

Jan 20, 2024, 5:08:27 PMJan 20
On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 01:53:08 +0800, zeflox wrote:

> I'm a newbie to CW. When I try to send my warrior to koth@sal this error
> comes up:
>
>>Error processing your e-mail.
>>
>>I don't understand this line.
>>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

Hi,

Welcome to r.g.cw :-)

Normally this error can be solved by sending a plain-text email (you need
to change the settings). If this doesn't help, please let me know.

Also consider sending MotherShip to the multi-warrior hill (;redcode-94m
on koth.org) where it might score well.

Good luck,

John

Stephen Gunnell

Jan 31, 2024, 7:24:47 PMJan 31
On Saturday 20 January 2024 at 5:53:20 pm UTC, zeflox wrote:
> I'm a newbie to CW. When I try to send my warrior to koth@sal this error
> comes up:
>
> >Error processing your e-mail.
> >
> >I don't understand this line.
> >This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

Hi Zeflox,

Yes, I get that message as well. It is not possible to post to SAL if you are using Firefox or Gmail on Linux. As a result I can't use that list.
Gmail has baked in Multipart MIME and Firefox no longer uses ASCII spaces. so both fail.
ko...@koth.org handles multipart MIME and you can still post to it with Gmail but Tuc refused to add in UTF-8 -> ASCII space conversion so you cannot access it via Firefox.
I believe you can access both hills if you are using a Microsoft mail client by setting it to Plain Text as John has indicated but neither of Firefox or Gmail actually support that.

Regards,
Steve Gunnell

ZeFlox

Feb 2, 2024, 11:29:36 AMFeb 2
Thanks for your reply.

I used Thunderbird to host my email and used plain text email, and now
this issue has been resolved very well :-)

ZeFlox