[SP] So..the first victim of the Evil/Hero System

Lars Friedrich

Aug 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/4/99
And not the last..for sure..

An Evil person asked for a Cure and of course someone casted the Cure
spell...and the helpful fool got guard-whacked for that. I'm quite sure that
the once helpful person will now ignore any help request. One good guy less,
one bad guy richer (btw: the Evil person admitted that he did it to get
people guard-whacked..)

They (as in OSI/DevTeam) talk about removing combat in towns because it
frightens newbies and that the newbies get killed for looting the blue
corpses. And then they allow the Evil/Hero system on SP with all its bugs.
*sigh*
How often did I say that they should remove the Evil/Hero system from SP
when it goes permanent?
But no..they are always smarter than the players.

Great work, SunSword

Drake

Aug 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/4/99
Lars, with all due respect, SP was touted as a veterans shard, and I
personally got sucked into that little gag...big fuckin deal. Get on with
life. If something like that is going to ruin someone's experience on SP
then maybe - just maybe it's not for you (or whoever we're talking about).
It's the baddest of the bad, the meanest of the mean, the rudest of the rude
there, expect anything within the limits (and then maybe stuff a tad
beyond - provided a gm isn't watching).

An informed 'veteran' might want to explore the features and shortcomings of
the evil/good system first, knowing that it's in place on SP, since most
likely it's going to affect you at some point or another.

Lars Friedrich <lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote in message

bebblebrox

Aug 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/4/99
On 4 Aug 1999 14:48:04 -0500 "Lars Friedrich"

<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:
> And not the last..for sure..
>
> An Evil person asked for a Cure and of course someone casted the Cure
> spell...and the helpful fool got guard-whacked for that. I'm quite sure that
> the once helpful person will now ignore any help request. One good guy less,
> one bad guy richer (btw: the Evil person admitted that he did it to get
> people guard-whacked..)
>
> They (as in OSI/DevTeam) talk about removing combat in towns because it
> frightens newbies and that the newbies get killed for looting the blue
> corpses. And then they allow the Evil/Hero system on SP with all its bugs.
> *sigh*
> How often did I say that they should remove the Evil/Hero system from SP
> when it goes permanent?
> But no..they are always smarter than the players.
>
> Great work, SunSword

Well, being the 'veteran' shard that it is, I would certainly hope that
players going into the shard have read up on the information provided
to them. As a matter of fact, each time they log on, they have the
option of being taken directly to the web page that will give them the
information they need to survive on this new shard.

But, no, people don't take the time. Yesterday I was very surprised
when 4 out of 5 people that I was talking to didn't realize that there
had been many modifications to the game above and beyond the skill
changes.

People who don't RTFM deserve what they get, IMHO. It just goes to
show they have a short between the keyboard and the chair.

Bebblebrox
Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

Richard Cortese

Aug 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/4/99
Lars Friedrich <lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote in message
> And not the last..for sure..
>
> An Evil person asked for a Cure and of course someone casted the Cure
> spell...and the helpful fool got guard-whacked for that. I'm quite sure
that
> the once helpful person will now ignore any help request. One good guy
less,
> one bad guy richer (btw: the Evil person admitted that he did it to get
> people guard-whacked..)
To be expected. Not sure if they are using the same code they used on TC
when they were working on it there, but even transferring something like a
tamed horse to an evil person will get you guard wacked. Don't sell horses!

It didn't really matter after you got the hang of it. Just carry cure
potions and drop them on the ground for 'evil dewd' to drink. Of course this
is exploiting an exploit, but then you wouldn't expect anything less.

There were a lot of other things odd about the system. You would see a red
evil player coming to the town limits and hit them with a spell. They would
continue coming to town and turn blue as soon as they got under guard
protection.

Lars Friedrich

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
Drake wrote:
> Lars, with all due respect, SP was touted as a veterans shard, and I
> personally got sucked into that little gag...big fuckin deal. Get on with
> life. If something like that is going to ruin someone's experience on SP
> then maybe - just maybe it's not for you (or whoever we're talking about).
Luckily I'm alchemist with 0.0 magery ;)
I was about to give the guy a Cure potion (the only time I get a possible
customer at the moment) when someone casted the An Nox..I had already
entered the sentence 'fucking mages are always faster than the
alchemist'..then the mage was guard-whacked..I knew alchemy wasn't that a
bad starting choice ;)

> It's the baddest of the bad, the meanest of the mean, the rudest of the
rude
> there, expect anything within the limits (and then maybe stuff a tad
> beyond - provided a gm isn't watching).

'If your heart is true, don't kill blue'
Since the rep patch the rule is: If he is blue, everything is okay. If they
change it, they should at least give some kind of information about it..an
evil person highlights blue in town like every other person,too , so before
helping someone you have now to click on the name first to see what the name
is...
And SP is also about teamwork and help...

> An informed 'veteran' might want to explore the features and shortcomings
of
> the evil/good system first, knowing that it's in place on SP, since most
> likely it's going to affect you at some point or another.

The evil/hero system is buggy. Evils/Heros should highlight in a completely
new colour to the people. So that you know what you target.
And there is a difference between allowing an exploit and not being
informed. Yes, I could shout 'Hey, you should have known the 'trade
window-drag item out fast' exploit', but I could also shout 'OSI - you
stupid scumbags, do something about this exploit'..which they finally did.
And now I shout again 'OSI - DO SOMETHING'. You have the right to say that
you should be informed and I have the right to demand to change it into a sy
stem which can't be exploited...

Lars Friedrich

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99

bebblebrox wrote:
> Well, being the 'veteran' shard that it is, I would certainly hope that
> players going into the shard have read up on the information provided
> to them. As a matter of fact, each time they log on, they have the
> option of being taken directly to the web page that will give them the
> information they need to survive on this new shard.
Did you???
The only information you find in there is that the 'Evil/Good system' is
present on SP
Can't find the information:
"Helping an evil person in the guarded area will get you guard-whacked"
Can't find this on stratics either btw...
This does either mean that the information is not there or that it is really
bad placed...

> But, no, people don't take the time. Yesterday I was very surprised
> when 4 out of 5 people that I was talking to didn't realize that there
> had been many modifications to the game above and beyond the skill
> changes.
> People who don't RTFM deserve what they get, IMHO. It just goes to
> show they have a short between the keyboard and the chair.

We are not talking about persons who run around and shout 'Whats the
difference on this shard' or 'Where are the skill gates?'..
We are talking about evil persons who run around and try to get other people
to heal them so they can loot them and that is exploiting the game
mechanics...that doesn't have anything to do with 'veteran shard'.
That an evil person highlights blue in the town is a serious flaw in game
design imo.

bebblebrox

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
On 5 Aug 1999 08:45:12 -0500 "Lars Friedrich"

<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

> bebblebrox wrote:
> > Well, being the 'veteran' shard that it is, I would certainly hope that
> > players going into the shard have read up on the information provided
> > to them. As a matter of fact, each time they log on, they have the
> > option of being taken directly to the web page that will give them the
> > information they need to survive on this new shard.
> Did you???
> The only information you find in there is that the 'Evil/Good system' is
> present on SP
> Can't find the information:
> "Helping an evil person in the guarded area will get you guard-whacked"
> Can't find this on stratics either btw...
> This does either mean that the information is not there or that it is really
> bad placed...

Yes I read the information, before I played as a matter of fact, and I
"helping an evil person in the guarded area will get you guard-wacked"
well if you read that the Evil/Good system is in place on SP, don't ya
think you should read up on what the system is??? And when you read up
on the Evil system, you will find it states:

"Evil people are not automatically killed in justice regions. In fact,
they are under the protection of Lord British's guards just like
innocents are."
http://uo.stratics.com/evilgood.htm

And, being a veteran shard, I would hope that a player knows that
healing or helping a red will make them a criminal.

> We are not talking about persons who run around and shout 'Whats the
> difference on this shard' or 'Where are the skill gates?'..
> We are talking about evil persons who run around and try to get other people
> to heal them so they can loot them and that is exploiting the game
> mechanics...that doesn't have anything to do with 'veteran shard'.

No more so than me stealing from someone in town who didn't know they
could be stolen from. Their fault for not reading up on it, not mine.
Would you call me an exploiter for stealing from a person who didn't
read up and find out that there is a thieves' guild that lets me do
that? I would hope not. Same thing applies here. The healer person
didn't read up, and learned the hard way. I know I did it several
times myself when I was starting to play UO, before I finally decided
to read all of Stratics, my manuals, and the OSI site.

Actually, if you think about it, the evil guy who did this is helping
"teach" the non-veteran players to be more careful. And hey, someone
might actually read up and learn about the game as a result, instead of
standing around saying "i didn't no u could do that here"

Dundee

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
On Thu, 05 Aug 1999 15:29:59 GMT, "bebblebrox" <notl...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Evil people are not automatically killed in justice regions. In fact,
>they are under the protection of Lord British's guards just like
>innocents are."

>And, being a veteran shard, I would hope that a player knows that

>healing or helping a red will make them a criminal.

So if a guard protects an evil, does the guard get guardwhacked?

--
Dundee - http://dundee.uong.com/

Lars Friedrich

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
bebblebrox wrote:
> "Evil people are not automatically killed in justice regions. In fact,
> they are under the protection of Lord British's guards just like
> innocents are."
Wow..fascinating...I don't know but no matter how often I read this
paragraph....
I really would never guess that this means, that I may not help an evil
player inside the guarded area.
All I would read there is that I shouldn't do anything bad to an evil
player, because he is protected.
Nobody would do this anyway, because he highlights blue.
Understanding this paragraph has nothing to do with 'veteran' or
not...perhaps you can read in there what you want, because you know it..

> And, being a veteran shard, I would hope that a player knows that
> healing or helping a red will make them a criminal.

Sure...they are not red though..they are blue..We are not talking about
helping a red player...we are talking about helping a *blue* player...

> > We are not talking about persons who run around and shout 'Whats the
> > difference on this shard' or 'Where are the skill gates?'..
> > We are talking about evil persons who run around and try to get other
people
> > to heal them so they can loot them and that is exploiting the game
> > mechanics...that doesn't have anything to do with 'veteran shard'.
> No more so than me stealing from someone in town who didn't know they
> could be stolen from. Their fault for not reading up on it, not mine.
> Would you call me an exploiter for stealing from a person who didn't
> read up and find out that there is a thieves' guild that lets me do
> that? I would hope not. Same thing applies here.

Same thing applies here? lol
You really don't see the difference between using the game mechanics and
exploiting them, do you?

> The healer person
> didn't read up, and learned the hard way. I know I did it several
> times myself when I was starting to play UO, before I finally decided
> to read all of Stratics, my manuals, and the OSI site.

Ohh..Now I see...There are no exploits in UO...
There are only victims who didn't have enough information.
Ahh..Okay..people who used the 'paralyze forever' bug didn't exploit a
bug...They only casted it on unprepared (because they didn't know it)
victims..
And of course the trade window scam was never a trade window scam...and
there were never exploits to loot a house...only house-owners that didn't
know how to secure their house properly...there was never an exploit that
allowed you to delete a guildstone or a vendor..or let's say: It was always
okay to do this because it only hit persons who didn't have enough
information, so it doesn't matter that this was possible...
phhhh..

It is your right to believe that it is okay that:
a) you can die for helping a blue player and that
b) you don't find this information on the owo webpage (or stratics..sorry,
your nice paragraph doesn't count)
as it is my right to think that this is pure exploiting of game mechanics
and that the whole Evil/Good system is full of bugs

I wonder why you like that it is possible that this happens..I would prefer
if they would introduce another colour for heroes and evils inside the
guarded area...

bebblebrox

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
On Thu, 05 Aug 1999 16:12:41 GMT Dun...@SPAMSPAMSPAM.COM (Dundee) wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 1999 15:29:59 GMT, "bebblebrox" <notl...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >"Evil people are not automatically killed in justice regions. In fact,
> >they are under the protection of Lord British's guards just like
> >innocents are."
>
> >And, being a veteran shard, I would hope that a player knows that
> >healing or helping a red will make them a criminal.
>
> So if a guard protects an evil, does the guard get guardwhacked?

One would think so, wouldn't ya ;)

bebblebrox

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
On 5 Aug 1999 15:40:13 -0500 "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

> bebblebrox wrote:
> > "Evil people are not automatically killed in justice regions. In fact,
> > they are under the protection of Lord British's guards just like
> > innocents are."
> Wow..fascinating...I don't know but no matter how often I read this
> paragraph....
> I really would never guess that this means, that I may not help an evil
> player inside the guarded area.
> All I would read there is that I shouldn't do anything bad to an evil
> player, because he is protected.
> Nobody would do this anyway, because he highlights blue.
> Understanding this paragraph has nothing to do with 'veteran' or
> not...perhaps you can read in there what you want, because you know it..

No, I was pointing out that the Evil player would highlight blue,
because he is protected. If you actually went to the link and read the
page, you would see that further down, below the table, it states that
"healing evil is a criminal act". Well, how much more blatant do you
want it?

> > And, being a veteran shard, I would hope that a player knows that
> > healing or helping a red will make them a criminal.

> Sure...they are not red though..they are blue..We are not talking about
> helping a red player...we are talking about helping a *blue* player...

You never said that the person was a blue, only that they highlight
blue. So they had [Evil] by their name and they were still blue in
actual name color? Interesting, cause that changes the story, and if
that is indeed the case, I see it as a bug also. I was thinking it was
a Evil Red, highlighting blue because of being protected in town.

> Same thing applies here? lol
> You really don't see the difference between using the game mechanics and
> exploiting them, do you?

Again, if the person truly was blue with an [Evil] beside their name,
and didn't just highlight blue, then something is wrong, and yes, I
then agree that it is an exploit.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps they couldn't find a way to
protect the [Evil] players while in town and have them stay red
*shrugs* who knows

> > The healer person
> > didn't read up, and learned the hard way. I know I did it several
> > times myself when I was starting to play UO, before I finally decided
> > to read all of Stratics, my manuals, and the OSI site.
> Ohh..Now I see...There are no exploits in UO...
> There are only victims who didn't have enough information.
> Ahh..Okay..people who used the 'paralyze forever' bug didn't exploit a
> bug...They only casted it on unprepared (because they didn't know it)
> victims..
> And of course the trade window scam was never a trade window scam...and
> there were never exploits to loot a house...only house-owners that didn't
> know how to secure their house properly...there was never an exploit that
> allowed you to delete a guildstone or a vendor..or let's say: It was always
> okay to do this because it only hit persons who didn't have enough
> information, so it doesn't matter that this was possible...
> phhhh..

Uhhh...you're going way off mark here, and implying that I think bugs
aren't exploits because someone doesn't know about them. As I stated
above, based on the information you provided, no where did it say that
the person was blue in town. That is the information I was basing my
arguement on. Again, if this is not design specs, it is an exploit and
I agree with you that it should not be used.

> It is your right to believe that it is okay that:
> a) you can die for helping a blue player and that
> b) you don't find this information on the owo webpage (or stratics..sorry,
> your nice paragraph doesn't count)

Well, actually, I did get the information from stratics, thus the link.
I don't know why you don't think it came from there, unless you just
want to call me a liar. If you would bother to go to the page, it is
there plain as day very near the top of the linked page.

> I wonder why you like that it is possible that this happens..I would prefer
> if they would introduce another colour for heroes and evils inside the
> guarded area...

Where do you get that I like it to happen? All along, (if you care to
picking out what you dislike) I have only been stating that SP is a
veteran shard, people should read up before playing, and be prepared
for _different_ scenerios. Even if we leave the fact of this whole
story taking place in town and the healer getting guard wacked(which I
will agree is not right), the healer should have been aware that he
would be a criminal when healing and Evil. If they knew that, they
never would have attempted the heal in town in the first place,
_regardless_ of your exploit arguement.

Drake

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
I had to quit reading. C'mon! What the fuck do people want? So you fall
for the old heal/cure an evil trick. Haha, jokes on you. Only a fucking
moron would a.) let it happen again and b.) post to a newsgroup or anywhere
else for that matter, what kind of bullshit that is letting that happen.
Cmon people is the summer goin that slow??

> [...]

| victims..
| And of course the trade window scam was never a trade window scam...and
| there were never exploits to loot a house...only house-owners that didn't
| know how to secure their house properly...there was never an exploit that
| allowed you to delete a guildstone or a vendor..or let's say: It was
always
| okay to do this because it only hit persons who didn't have enough
| information, so it doesn't matter that this was possible...
| phhhh..
|

| It is your right to believe that it is okay that:
| a) you can die for helping a blue player and that
| b) you don't find this information on the owo webpage (or stratics..sorry,
| your nice paragraph doesn't count)

| as it is my right to think that this is pure exploiting of game mechanics
| and that the whole Evil/Good system is full of bugs

Lee Tracy

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99

>That an evil person highlights blue in the town is a serious flaw in game
>design imo.

Absolutely. It is a stupid flaw with no legitimacy. If the evil person can be in
the city legally, it is inane to make dealing with this evil person against the
law. The reason experienced players fall for the exploit is that there is no
logic to it.

Evil vs Hero only really works if you designate a particular set of cities as
evil. Evil players in hero cities are killed on sight. Good players stepping
into evil cities killed on sight.

rattran

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
I mentioned this to Sunsword and it was the first he had heard of it
as a problem. He asked if I had posted it to the webboard. I stared at
him like he had three heads for a moment and he looked chagrined. He
said he'd look into it.

On 5 Aug 1999 16:23:03 -0700, Lee Tracy <Lee_m...@newsguy.com>

Quaestor

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
Dundee wrote:

> So if a guard protects an evil, does the guard get guardwhacked?

1st Guard sees red Evil guy and whacks him.

2nd guard: "you will regret thy actions, swine!" WHACK!

1st guard: "Not as much as you, PIG!" KA-WHACK!

2nd guard: "you're a bigger pig, PIG!" Ka-Ka-BANGNGNGNG!

1st guard: "Your mamma!" SnickBAM!

2nd guard: "Eat THIS, PIGGO!" WhizzzzzB-Bonk!

1st guard: "Wait till Lord Brutish hears about this, fart-breath!"
BaBammmmba!

2nd guard: "Your moma wears army boots!" CLANK!

1st guard: "Your moma is jealous!" TKOOOOOONNNN!

2nd guard: "Your sister wears whatever boots she finds when she wakes up!"
GUDUNCH!

1st guard: "You ... I ... , damn, I need to teleport to a crime scene."

2nd guard: "Yeah, shiiit! I PWNED YO @zz!"

1st guard: "GM! This guard is harrassing me!"

Quaestor

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
rattran wrote:

> I mentioned this to Sunsword and it was the first he had heard of it
> as a problem. He asked if I had posted it to the webboard. I stared at
> him like he had three heads for a moment and he looked chagrined. He
> said he'd look into it.

How many heads Did he have?

Dion

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
SP isnt made for newbies you dumbfuck

Lars Friedrich wrote:

> And not the last..for sure..
>
> An Evil person asked for a Cure and of course someone casted the Cure
> spell...and the helpful fool got guard-whacked for that. I'm quite sure that
> the once helpful person will now ignore any help request. One good guy less,
> one bad guy richer (btw: the Evil person admitted that he did it to get
> people guard-whacked..)

Katherine

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

>An Evil person asked for a Cure and of course someone casted the Cure
>spell...and the helpful fool got guard-whacked for that. I'm quite sure that
>the once helpful person will now ignore any help request. One good guy less,
>one bad guy richer (btw: the Evil person admitted that he did it to get
>people guard-whacked..)

Was that in town? If so, it's not unique to SP--when I was newer and
more naive I was helping a newbie out, he started sparring with
someone and turned gray, I tried to heal, I died. (He looted my
corpse.)

And I still help newbies. It was just another learning experience,
not the end of the world. Now I know the guards will kill you for
healing criminals in town.

Note--I DID get the "This may flag you as a criminal!" warning--but
since the other guy had been flagged a criminal when he started
sparring, I reasoned that the guards did not kill you just for going
grey. And they don't--they kill you for helping greys.

Katherine, Expert Warrior
Ciaran, Lia Fail Empire (Atlantic)

Lars Friedrich

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
bebblebrox wrote:
> > > "Evil people are not automatically killed in justice regions. In fact,
> > > they are under the protection of Lord British's guards just like
> > > innocents are."
> > Wow..fascinating...I don't know but no matter how often I read this
> > paragraph....
> > I really would never guess that this means, that I may not help an evil
> > player inside the guarded area.
> > All I would read there is that I shouldn't do anything bad to an evil
> > player, because he is protected.
> > Nobody would do this anyway, because he highlights blue.
> > Understanding this paragraph has nothing to do with 'veteran' or
> > not...perhaps you can read in there what you want, because you know it..
> No, I was pointing out that the Evil player would highlight blue,
> because he is protected.
I agree. There stands that the evil player highlights blue. (although: imo
there stands that I shouldn't attack a red evil in town because the guards
will kill me for that..which is quite a difference).

> If you actually went to the link and read the
> page, you would see that further down, below the table, it states that
> "healing evil is a criminal act". Well, how much more blatant do you
> want it?

Healing evil, even if he is blue, is a criminal act.

> > > And, being a veteran shard, I would hope that a player knows that
> > > healing or helping a red will make them a criminal.
> > Sure...they are not red though..they are blue..We are not talking about
> > helping a red player...we are talking about helping a *blue* player...

> You never said that the person was a blue, only that they highlight
> blue. So they had [Evil] by their name and they were still blue in
> actual name color? Interesting, cause that changes the story, and if
> that is indeed the case, I see it as a bug also. I was thinking it was
> a Evil Red, highlighting blue because of being protected in town.

hu? *thinks*
They highlight blue in target mode and their name is blue when you click on
them.

> Again, if the person truly was blue with an [Evil] beside their name,
> and didn't just highlight blue, then something is wrong, and yes, I
> then agree that it is an exploit.

see above

> The only thing I can think of is perhaps they couldn't find a way to
> protect the [Evil] players while in town and have them stay red
> *shrugs* who knows

Yes..something like that..but not the colour of the innocents..

> > It is your right to believe that it is okay that:
> > a) you can die for helping a blue player and that
> > b) you don't find this information on the owo webpage (or
stratics..sorry,
> > your nice paragraph doesn't count)

> Well, actually, I did get the information from stratics, thus the link.
> I don't know why you don't think it came from there, unless you just
> want to call me a liar. If you would bother to go to the page, it is
> there plain as day very near the top of the linked page.

I only disagreed with your opinion that the paragraph you quoted is enough
information to assume that you can be killed for helping a blue evil player
in the town. Has nothing to do with that I don't believe the source of
information.

> > I wonder why you like that it is possible that this happens..I would
prefer
> > if they would introduce another colour for heroes and evils inside the
> > guarded area...

> Where do you get that I like it to happen? All along, (if you care to
> picking out what you dislike) I have only been stating that SP is a
> veteran shard, people should read up before playing, and be prepared
> for _different_ scenerios.

I never said in my message that I think the victim was completely innocent
or that only the evil is responsible for the death of the victim. I only
said that it is not right that it is possible to exploit it and that this is
a bug in the Evil/Good system. You answered 'RTFM' and therefore I assumed
that you don't think that it should be fixed.

> Even if we leave the fact of this whole
> story taking place in town and the healer getting guard wacked(which I
> will agree is not right), the healer should have been aware that he
> would be a criminal when healing and Evil. If they knew that, they
> never would have attempted the heal in town in the first place,
> _regardless_ of your exploit arguement.

I agree with you here (more or less). The healer should have been aware of
that or at least very cautious. I don't complain about the fact that the
healer dies, but that there are (again) people who start to exploit this.
Although I don't think that the short sentence 'healing an evil is criminal'
is enough information (especially due to the fact that this information
can't be find on the official UO webpage). If I go out and see a red evil
then I don't have any problem with assuming that it will flag me when I
attempt to heal him. But when I see a blue evil person then 1.5 years of
'blue=everything okay' fight against 'evil=do not heal'. I have nothing
against the 'school of hard knocks' and I was strongly against the removal
of firefield in town (even without information you should be aware that
casting such a spell can get you in serious trouble)..but that evils are
blue and you become criminal nevertheless is too much imo.

Lars Friedrich

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
Dion wrote:
> SP isnt made for newbies you dumbfuck
I warned you once about the use of improper language.
I don't waste my time twice.
*PLONK*

bebblebrox

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
And after a long and lengthy discussion, we more or less agree then :-)

Haven't seen you on SP, btw- do you mind if I ask you char name?

Richard Cortese

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
Katherine <ka...@mhn.org> wrote in message

> On 4 Aug 1999 14:48:04 -0500, "Lars Friedrich"
> <lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:
>
> >An Evil person asked for a Cure and of course someone casted the Cure
> >spell...and the helpful fool got guard-whacked for that. I'm quite sure
that
> >the once helpful person will now ignore any help request. One good guy
less,
> >one bad guy richer (btw: the Evil person admitted that he did it to get
> >people guard-whacked..)
>
> Was that in town? If so, it's not unique to SP--when I was newer and
> more naive I was helping a newbie out, he started sparring with
> someone and turned gray, I tried to heal, I died. (He looted my
> corpse.)
No, it is a really early version of the good/evil system. Only talking from
my TC experience, but outside of town, evils are always highlighted red, but
they turn blue as soon as they hit a guard area.

But there is a whole list of things that the dev team regarded as beneficial
to an evil person, so helping a blue/evil person by doing any of them makes
you guard whackable.

The low end of it is transfering a pet to an evil person. You get guard
whacked immediately after the transfer if someone calls the guards on you.
That is, you see an evil/blue in town person who says, "Hey, I will give you
300 gold for the horse", you transfer, he yells "Guards" and loots your
corpse.

Richard Cortese

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99

Katherine

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 13:30:23 -0000, "Richard Cortese"
<rico...@netmagic.net> wrote:

>No, it is a really early version of the good/evil system. Only talking from
>my TC experience, but outside of town, evils are always highlighted red, but
>they turn blue as soon as they hit a guard area.

Yikes! I didn't know that--do you at least still get the "you will be
flagged a criminal" warning if you try to help an evil blue?

Richard Cortese

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

> On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 13:30:23 -0000, "Richard Cortese"
> <rico...@netmagic.net> wrote:
>
> >No, it is a really early version of the good/evil system. Only talking
from
> >my TC experience, but outside of town, evils are always highlighted red,
but
> >they turn blue as soon as they hit a guard area.
>
> Yikes! I didn't know that--do you at least still get the "you will be
> flagged a criminal" warning if you try to help an evil blue?
I haven't used it since the last time TC was up, but no warnings.

Their affiliation should show in their guild title, i.e. <Skull Crusher,
evil> but I can't even remember if they could turn off their guild title so
you couldn't see that even.