W00T

Wtcher

Oct 22, 2002, 4:06:49 PM10/22/02
In article <3DB0A68B.6050405@.spamtrap.cybernothing.org>,
holychao@.spamtrap.cybernothing.org says...

<smurf>

> Also breaking down and redoing my Ultima site. With CSS, which I am
> finally getting off my fat ass and learning.
>
> Yay productivity!

Awww. Pretty. ^_^

And I hope you have fun with that CSS. I did. :) It's really useful stuff
too...

--
-==[UDIC]==-
http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=250697

Lumina Dragon

Oct 23, 2002, 6:59:30 PM10/23/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Wtcher wrote:
> >
> > Awww. Pretty. ^_^
>
> Still needs some tweaking. Although I am unduly proud of the size of the
> inline images. Biggest one is ~51K, and that's the Runes pic on the main
> page--I just couldn't bring myself to compress it any more. Most of the
> rest are under 20K, if that. I do not count the AYB pics, the U9
> Christmas pics, or the ungodly huge collages or skin captures.

As you real sig seems to be mssing, I have to ask - what's your main
page's URL?

> And somewhere, I had a "how to be a complete bastard in U6-SNES" thing
> started, but damned if I can find it now. Ah well. I'll just have to
> redo it.

Hmm. Now *that* would be difficult. You know you can't do nearly as much
unvirtuous things in that game? You can't even steal forks, or mugs, or
whatever the tableware of the day is. Can't attack villagers, either.
Except guards. Can attack them.

> > And I hope you have fun with that CSS. I did. :) It's really useful stuff
> > too...
>

> Dear God, yes. After I noticed that the fonts were friggenhuge at
> 800x600, all it took was about six keystrokes to fix it. I also got some
> amusement, however weird, from naming the two main paragraph classes
> "meat" and "potatoes."
>
> Why did I not get off my butt and learn this before?

Because I use NS 4.5 and CSS hates me.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Oct 24, 2002, 6:57:52 PM10/24/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
> > As you real sig seems to be mssing, I have to ask - what's your main
> > page's URL?
>

> http://www.cybernothing.org/~holychao

Thankee.

> > Hmm. Now *that* would be difficult. You know you can't do nearly as much
> > unvirtuous things in that game? You can't even steal forks, or mugs, or
> > whatever the tableware of the day is. Can't attack villagers, either.
> > Except guards. Can attack them.
>

> That armorer in Trinsic--you can kill his dog and steal all his goods.
> And there are lots of magic bits of armor to be stolen from various
> dressers and such. :)

Well, yeah, you can still steal anything that has a proper game use -
equipment, potions, reagents, food, etc.

But not ordinary household stuff.

You can't even steal from people - no Pickpocket spell in this game.
(Note to self: See if the SNES solution to the thing that requires that
spell in the PC version will work in the PC version.)

> > Because I use NS 4.5 and CSS hates me.
>

> I made sure this would render in 4.5. Some of it looks really weird, but
> it does render more or less the same as it does in a browser with better
> CSS support. And it works and is usable with CSS turned off, though it
> looks, to put it bluntly, like shit. :}

I checked it; looks good, even on my Netscape.

-Lumina Dragon

Corvid Dragon

Oct 24, 2002, 9:37:24 PM10/24/02
Hey, yo. Survey time. Okay, who came here to see Lumina Dragon? Yeah,
yeah...now who came here to see Cat?
[SNES U6]

> You can't even steal from people - no Pickpocket spell in this game.
> (Note to self: See if the SNES solution to the thing that requires that
> spell in the PC version will work in the PC version.)

It doesn't -require- that spell at all in the PC version. There are a
million creative ways to get the belt from her. Not the least of which
is her own damn bear trap.

--
'til next sign,
Corvid Dragon

Helgraf Dragon

Oct 25, 2002, 8:56:53 AM10/25/02
Lumina Dragon wrote:

Heh, even I've sidewaysgraded to Netscape 6.x at this point.

Obviously I'm missing something obvious - where's the link?

--
Helgraf Dragon, NSA Dragon, Echelon Liason, Fossil
Chronicler of the Circle of Dragons, King of Sloth

Lumina Dragon

Oct 25, 2002, 7:52:07 PM10/25/02

I am thinking of one way in particular, which does not include theft or
violence. If you've played the SNES ver, you will know it.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Oct 25, 2002, 7:57:21 PM10/25/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
> > You can't even steal from people - no Pickpocket spell in this game.
> > (Note to self: See if the SNES solution to the thing that requires that
> > spell in the PC version will work in the PC version.)
>

> What is this thing of which you speak?

Hint: What is the one thing you need to use Pickpocket for in the PC
version?

> If you get a chance, look at the 404 page. :)

Provide a direct URL to the page that 404s bounce to?

-Lumina Dragon

Samurai

Oct 25, 2002, 11:12:25 PM10/25/02
Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewh...@hotmail.com>:
>Selece Dragon wrote:
[munch]

>Hint: What is the one thing you need to use Pickpocket for in the PC
>version?

Nothing. You can slay Phoenix and loot her corpse instead. >:)
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\///// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a26
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Lumina Dragon

Oct 26, 2002, 7:18:22 PM10/26/02

Samurai wrote:

> Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewh...@hotmail.com>:
> >Selece Dragon wrote:
> [munch]
> >Hint: What is the one thing you need to use Pickpocket for in the PC
> >version?
>
> Nothing. You can slay Phoenix and loot her corpse instead. >:)

That is not how you do it in the SNES version.

-Lumina Dragon

Samurai

Oct 27, 2002, 3:50:22 PM10/27/02
Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewh...@hotmail.com>:
>Samurai wrote:

>> >Hint: What is the one thing you need to use Pickpocket for in the PC
>> >version?
>>
>> Nothing. You can slay Phoenix and loot her corpse instead. >:)
>
>That is not how you do it in the SNES version.

I wasn't talking about the SNES version. :)

James Dowd

Oct 27, 2002, 4:03:05 PM10/27/02
"Samurai" <Sam...@his.reply-to.address> wrote in message

> Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewh...@hotmail.com>:

PC

> >> Nothing. You can slay Phoenix and loot her corpse instead. >:)
> >
> >That is not how you do it in the SNES version.
>
> I wasn't talking about the SNES version. :)

OK, I can't take it anymore. I haven't even played whatever game you're
talking about (I can't even *remember* which Ultima it is), but dammit,
I need to know what the hell you're talking about. Stop bickering, and
someone tell me before I burst! :)

--
James Dowd - Talraen Dragon
-=(UDIC)=- -=(*UnSPLUT!*)=-

Lumina Dragon

Oct 27, 2002, 5:11:56 PM10/27/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
> > Hint: What is the one thing you need to use Pickpocket for in the PC
> > version?
>

> Getting the belt, as I"d gathered from other replies--haven't gotten
> that far in the PC version yet. I know. I'm a tool.

> > Provide a direct URL to the page that 404s bounce to?
>

> http://www.cybernothing.org/~holychao/ultima/fourohfour.html

Nicely done! I wonder how many people here have actually met that fine
fellow. <VBEG>
-Lumina Dragon

Samurai

Oct 27, 2002, 6:55:13 PM10/27/02
Quoth "James Dowd" <jdo...@longisland.poly.edu>:
>"Samurai" <Sam...@his.reply-to.address> wrote...
[munch]

>OK, I can't take it anymore. I haven't even played whatever game you're
>talking about (I can't even *remember* which Ultima it is), but dammit,
>I need to know what the hell you're talking about. Stop bickering, and
>someone tell me before I burst! :)

I shan't spoil it for you completely, since you haven't played to that
bit of U6 yet apparently. However, this Phoenix person holds something
the Avatar needs during the game. There are a number of ways to remove
it from her possession. :)

Lumina Dragon

Oct 27, 2002, 10:23:22 PM10/27/02

James Dowd wrote:

> OK, I can't take it anymore. I haven't even played whatever game you're
> talking about (I can't even *remember* which Ultima it is), but dammit,
> I need to know what the hell you're talking about. Stop bickering, and
> someone tell me before I burst! :)

Ultima VI: The False Prophet.

To get a certain item, you must steal it or loot it from a certain
person in the caverns under Britain's sewers. In the SNES version, due
to The Nintendo Effect, you can negotiate it from her instead. They
didn't hold with theft or murder.

But from an Avatar's standpoint, I think one should be allowed to talk
this item from this person. Unlike most of the Nintendo Effect's
victims, that one was done rather well.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Oct 28, 2002, 9:42:24 PM10/28/02

Polychromic wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:11:56 -0600, Lumina Dragon
> <kewh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> http://www.cybernothing.org/~holychao/ultima/fourohfour.html
> >
> >Nicely done! I wonder how many people here have actually met that fine
> >fellow. <VBEG>
> > -Lumina Dragon
>

> I've asked about that U7 pic before but no one seems to know the story
> behind it. Can you actually meet that "person" in the game somehow?

Yes.... as the 404 message implies, though, only in OINKmode.

And it's U7SI, not plain ol' U7.

Every character number has a face associated with it, even the high-end
numbers alloted to "spawned" entities (guards and monsters). So. Here's
the trick.

Start SI up with cheat mode.
(That's most likely the command serpent manimal, but is serpent pass if
your SI game lacks Silver Seed.)
Start a new game, unless you have a save BEFORE the Thoxa checkpoint at
the very beginning.
Hit F2, and then hit 'N' to turn NPC Numbers on.
Exit the cheat menu. Head to the Thoxa checkpoint, and fail copy
protection.
Use the F3 teleport cheat and head to a place where monsters will spawn.
Most forests qualify.
Find a animal or monster around with the number "297" at their feet.
(You DID turn Numbers on, yes? Hope so, the F2 menu gets oinkified once
you fail copyprot. Still usable, but all the text says Oink now.)
Talk to this person.

-Lumina Dragon

P.S. Sorry, but if you were asking for reaching this face in the normal
game, no luck.

P.P.S. Try other high-numbered NPC numbers as well! You never know what
you'll get. Although I do. But I'm not telling.

Lumina Dragon

Oct 29, 2002, 6:43:15 PM10/29/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>

> > Yes.... as the 404 message implies, though, only in OINKmode.
> >
> > And it's U7SI, not plain ol' U7.
> >
> > Every character number has a face associated with it, even the high-end
> > numbers alloted to "spawned" entities (guards and monsters). So. Here's
> > the trick.
>

> *snip*
>
> Do you mind if I add this explanation to the page about that lovely fellow?

Not at all. All I ask is a byline in the credits. :)

-Lumina Dragon

P.S. I once made a list of each face attached to character numbers
greater than 255, and if you would like such a list, let me know, and I
shall provide.

Lumina Dragon

Oct 29, 2002, 6:46:09 PM10/29/02

> Well, I admit we've never been properly introduced. He's a friend of a
> friend, shall we say.
>
> (translation: I've never gotten him to appear by normal means, but I did
> dig him up with the shapes viewer.)

I've seen him in such as well, but my first meeting with him was in
actual OinkMode SI, where he spouted some rather nonsensical babble at
me, just like everyone else.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Oct 30, 2002, 8:55:36 PM10/30/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
> >
> > Not at all. All I ask is a byline in the credits. :)
>

> I was planning on that. :)

> > P.S. I once made a list of each face attached to character numbers
> > greater than 255, and if you would like such a list, let me know, and I
> > shall provide.
>

> Hmm. That could be interesting!

Have too little time tonight (Need to free line in 5 min). But next time
I pop in, I'll post the list.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 2, 2002, 7:30:08 PM11/2/02

Lumina Dragon wrote:

> Have too little time tonight (Need to free line in 5 min). But next time
> I pop in, I'll post the list.

OK, here's what I have. For the record, this is probably not a complete
list. A shapes viewer viewing the Faces file would show much more, but I
do not want to open U7Wizard (my SI copy) just to do this. So here's
what I have in my notes:

261 Oracle of Beauty
269 Fawn Guard
270 Pomdirgun
271 Pikeman
272 Skyrise, the Phoenix
280 Hazard the Trapper
281 Ernesto, the Ranger
284 Chaos Heirophant
286 Beatrix
287 Batlin
289 Dying Trapper (from an event near the North)
290 Shamino the Anarch
291 Anti-Dupre
292 Mad Iolo
293 Chaos Serpent*
294 Order Serpent*
295 Great Earth Serpent*
296 Guardian*
297 Weird UGLY Face (this is what my notes call him)
298 automaton

* - yes, they pop up the screen-consuming visual, and if I am not
mistaken, even run the OINKbabble across the bottom of the screen, as
anything they say gets done. (I believe Arcadion also has an appearance,
although I do not have his number handy. I may become industrious to
update this list by viewing the shapes viewer, but not today. Tomorrow,
maybe.)

Of note: all 'event' faces can be found in here - in fact, if I remember
a trip through the shapes viewer of this file, there are copies of the
real three companions, a SECOND occurrence of each Bane, the Hound of
Doskarr, and I forget who else.

One number, I do not recall which, has an image which I would label a
Wisp had there been one in the game.

-Lumina Dragon

P.S. Amazing how many games I have notes on in this notebook. EoB,
Bard's Tale 2, Pool of Radiance, Dark Wizard (for the Sega CD), and
more!

Lumina Dragon

Nov 3, 2002, 2:40:10 PM11/3/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>

> *schnip*
>
> Sweet! Thanks a bazillion!

> > One number, I do not recall which, has an image which I would label a
> > Wisp had there been one in the game.
>

> For some reason I get the impression that there were Wisps in the Dream
> Realm, but I could have hallucinated that. :)

Nope, not that I recall.

> "Oh my God...all this killing...in front of a children."
> --Mathiu Silverburg, Suikoden

Wow! Your sig plays Suikoden?

Played the first two myself, and if I get an income and a PS2, I'm
getting the third.

Suikoden II rocks muchly, by the way.

-Lumina Dragon

Aquamarine Dragon

Nov 3, 2002, 3:09:10 PM11/3/02
Lumina Dragon wrote on Sun, 03 Nov 2002 13:40:10 -0600:
> Selece Dragon wrote:
> > Lumina Dragon wrote:
> > > One number, I do not recall which, has an image which I would label a
> > > Wisp had there been one in the game.
> >
> > For some reason I get the impression that there were Wisps in the Dream
> > Realm, but I could have hallucinated that. :)
>
> Nope, not that I recall.

Hmm, I just realized something. I can't see Selece! Selece, are you
hiding from me? Whatever did I do to you...

That must be the first time that I'm missing some posts in rgcud, and
with sucking from three different news servers, that's not so easy. I
wonder what's going on here.

--
Josef Drexler, Aquamarine Dragon (UDIC)| http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
Please help Conserve Gravity | Email address is *valid*.

Lumina Dragon

Nov 4, 2002, 7:08:32 PM11/4/02

Aquamarine Dragon wrote:

> Hmm, I just realized something. I can't see Selece! Selece, are you
> hiding from me? Whatever did I do to you...
>
> That must be the first time that I'm missing some posts in rgcud, and
> with sucking from three different news servers, that's not so easy. I
> wonder what's going on here.

Hmm... I got it! You have stopped a possible thread to RGCUD, Aqua! You
can't see Selece because you can't see nonreal entities, and Selece has
been replaced by her .sig, and it is trying to take over the NG!

Ahem. OK, I'll leave you to your normal abnormalcy now.

-Lumina Dragon

Aquamarine Dragon

Nov 4, 2002, 7:25:58 PM11/4/02
Lumina Dragon wrote on Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:08:32 -0600:
> Aquamarine Dragon wrote:
> > Hmm, I just realized something. I can't see Selece! Selece, are you
> > hiding from me? Whatever did I do to you...
> >
> > That must be the first time that I'm missing some posts in rgcud, and
> > with sucking from three different news servers, that's not so easy. I
> > wonder what's going on here.
>
> Hmm... I got it! You have stopped a possible thread to RGCUD, Aqua! You
> can't see Selece because you can't see nonreal entities, and Selece has
> been replaced by her .sig, and it is trying to take over the NG!

That could be it...

> Ahem. OK, I'll leave you to your normal abnormalcy now.

This thread (not threat) looks really funny in Google, which can't see
Select either. Basically it's you talking to yourself and an imaginary
person :)

Does Selece have x-no-archive? Although that can't be the reason because
I am getting some x-no-archive posts.

--
Josef Drexler, Aquamarine Dragon (UDIC)| http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
Please help Conserve Gravity | Email address is *valid*.

Put the toilet seat down. | Don't remove the "nospam" part.

Aquamarine Dragon

Nov 5, 2002, 11:27:00 AM11/5/02
Polychromic wrote on Tue, 05 Nov 2002 02:54:33 GMT:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:25:58 -0500, Aquamarine Dragon
> <nospa...@joesbox.cjb.net> wrote:
>
> >Does Selece have x-no-archive? Although that can't be the reason because
> >I am getting some x-no-archive posts.
>
> I use that setting. Can you see me?

No, can't see you. Oh wait, I need to open my eyes...

> *Waves hands wildly*
> *Takes off clothes and runs around naked*
> *Woohoo - Calvin mode!*

*regrets that he did open his eyes*

Now I'll have to take them to the dry cleaners again...

Whreky

Nov 5, 2002, 10:48:49 PM11/5/02

>> I use that setting. Can you see me?
>
>No, can't see you. Oh wait, I need to open my eyes...
>
>> *Waves hands wildly*
>> *Takes off clothes and runs around naked*
>> *Woohoo - Calvin mode!*
>
>*regrets that he did open his eyes*
>
>Now I'll have to take them to the dry cleaners again...

That's alright Aqua, you can just apologize to your eyes and that will work, at
least it does for mr when my eyes accidentally stray on the comics page over
and hit a panel of Cathy.
"AAAARGHHH!! I'm sorry eyes!"

~~O^O~~
Optician Dragon
-==UDIC==-
"It's no good you trying to sit on the fence
and hope that the trouble will pass.
'Cause sitting on fences can make you a pain in the ass."

Paulon

Nov 6, 2002, 12:21:46 PM11/6/02
As Aquamarine Dragon speaks, the words sprout from the ground and grow
into vines, recording them in living beauty...

> Lumina Dragon wrote on Sun, 03 Nov 2002 13:40:10 -0600:

>> Nope, not that I recall.
>
> Hmm, I just realized something. I can't see Selece! Selece, are you
> hiding from me? Whatever did I do to you...
>
> That must be the first time that I'm missing some posts in rgcud, and
> with sucking from three different news servers, that's not so easy. I
> wonder what's going on here.

Dunno. My own feed is usually very good too, though I'm borrowing yours
just in case, and I can't see her either.

--
Paulon Dragon d++ e++ N T+ Om+ UK!1!2!3!4!5!6!7!'!S!'!8!9!A!L!M!W!
-==(UDIC)==- u++ uC++ uF uG+ uLB- uA+ nC+ nR nH+ nP+ nI nPT nS++ nT+ y

Danger Will Robinson! One of your nodes is about to fall off!
Ultima VII endgame.exe file

Whreky

Nov 6, 2002, 4:14:12 PM11/6/02

>>That's alright Aqua, you can just apologize to your eyes and that will work,
>at
>>least it does for mr when my eyes accidentally stray on the comics page over
>>and hit a panel of Cathy.
>>"AAAARGHHH!! I'm sorry eyes!"
>
>*still dancing naked*
>*wiggle, wiggle*
>Oh look I'm a Jello commercial!

Dammit, Poly, now I have to apologize to my mind for picturing you jiggling
naked!!!

Corvid Dragon

Nov 6, 2002, 5:49:11 PM11/6/02
Hey, yo. Survey time. Okay, who came here to see Paulon? Yeah,
yeah...now who came here to see Cat?
> As Aquamarine Dragon speaks, the words sprout from the ground and grow
> into vines, recording them in living beauty...
>
> > Lumina Dragon wrote on Sun, 03 Nov 2002 13:40:10 -0600:
>
> >> Nope, not that I recall.
> >
> > Hmm, I just realized something. I can't see Selece! Selece, are you
> > hiding from me? Whatever did I do to you...
> >
> > That must be the first time that I'm missing some posts in rgcud, and
> > with sucking from three different news servers, that's not so easy. I
> > wonder what's going on here.
>
> Dunno. My own feed is usually very good too, though I'm borrowing yours
> just in case, and I can't see her either.

I'm on the Cox newsserver, and I've gotten all her posts (unless she's
posted in the last few days)... but I remember reading all the ones
Lumina replied to.

--
'til next sign,
Corvid Dragon

data point

Lumina Dragon

Nov 6, 2002, 9:23:55 PM11/6/02

Lumina Dragon wrote:

OK, I broke down and got the full list out of the U7 Wizard. Any numbers
I skip have no associated face.

256 Arcadion*
257 The Shade Blade
258 Shriash (IIRC - green face in wall at the Temple of Emotion)
259 Wisp
260 Wisp
> 261 Oracle of Beauty
262 Yurel
264 Vasculio
266 Skinless Yelinda
267 Great Heirophant
268 Shamino the Anarch

> 269 Fawn Guard
> 270 Pomdirgun

> 271 Pikeman (Bear)
> 272 Skyrise, the Phoenix
273 Palos
274 Ranger
275 Pikeman (Wolf)
276 Lord British
277 Christopher's Shade
278 Pikeman (Leopard)
279 Hound of Doskar

> 280 Hazard the Trapper
> 281 Ernesto, the Ranger

282 Anti-Dupre

> 284 Chaos Heirophant
> 286 Beatrix
> 287 Batlin

288 Mad Iolo

> 289 Dying Trapper (from an event near the North)
> 290 Shamino the Anarch
> 291 Anti-Dupre
> 292 Mad Iolo
> 293 Chaos Serpent*
> 294 Order Serpent*
> 295 Great Earth Serpent*
> 296 Guardian*
> 297 Weird UGLY Face (this is what my notes call him)
> 298 automaton

299 Avatar (blond, female)(w/ tattoo)

Interesting enough, some of these faces have multiple frames when views
in the shapes viewer, although only Frame 0 will be shown when talking
to them. Predictably, the Avatar face has six frames, since tehre are
six potential avatar faces. (Face 299 is the face used for tha avatar
once you get the tattoo, Face 0 is used before that), Batlin has two
frames (second one is devoid of his Amulet), Christopher's Shade has 3
frames (the others being other shades. One I will not name because it is
a BIG spoiler for those who disregarded the warning in the title; the
other is the King of the White Dragon), and the Shade Blade has FOUR
frames, each with the gem looking different, and I have no idea WHAT
that signifies -- after all, you can't talk to the sword once Arcadion
leaves. My THEORY is that, in the scrapped original story they didn't
have time to finish, you could talk to the banes.

Another interesting note is that the faces file goes past 299, yet I
don't believe you ever find random NPCs with such numbers. 300 is some
wierd-looking version of the GES, 301 is Boydon's Head, 302 is
Rotoluncia's Scroll, and 305-319 are the cast of Silver Seed.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 9, 2002, 5:12:49 PM11/9/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
> > Wow! Your sig plays Suikoden?
>

> It hung over my shoulder while I played, and found that little bit of
> Engrish as amusing as I did.

It would.

> > Played the first two myself, and if I get an income and a PS2, I'm
> > getting the third.
>

> Ditto. I'm pondering trading a kidney for a PS2. I only need one, right?

My birthday was yesterday, and I got a PS2 and Suikoden III! I must
rule!
.... it helped I was allowed to pick the game I wanted to get with the
PS2.

> > Suikoden II rocks muchly, by the way.
>

> Indeed it does! I like the fact that you get to take over an entire town
> that time around, instead of getting stuck out on a pointy hollow rock
> in the middle of the lake.

Yeah, much bigger place. So much to do, see, etc.

> And maybe it's just me, but Leknaat always seems so eager to pawn Luc
> off on you. "Here, take my apprentice. No, it's all right, go ahead. I
> /insist./ PLEASE TAKE HIM." :)

Ehhh.... he's better in 2.

Now... if I can only finish playing FFX (which I am borrowing from my
brother, although I am no longer borrowing his PS2!), and do a quick
replay of Suiko2 (there is one loose end I want to tie up), then I shall
begin Suikoden III.

"The Battle for the True Runes is just beginning..."

-Lumina Dragon

P.S. Back of box, while listing features, indicates we will again get an
entire castle town to make. Some other features I'm going to have to
wait until I open it and see the instrux to understand.

Corvid Dragon

Nov 9, 2002, 6:49:20 PM11/9/02
Lumina Dragon was seen, causing a scene, clapping his hands and stomping
his feet, or something...

> My birthday was yesterday, and I got a PS2 and Suikoden III! I must
> rule!

Happy Birthday, Lumina!

--
'til next sign,
Corvid Dragon

now to play mw4mercs

BubbaDragon

Nov 10, 2002, 12:28:28 AM11/10/02

<SNIP>

Happy Belated Birthday, Lumina! ^_^

May you reciece all the PS2 games that you require to have fun!

**

B2 casts *BET ORT* in celebration, and hopes that there may be a truce
between his and Lumina's forces, or maybe even a team up?

--

B2D & Amy Thest

Helgraf Dragon

Nov 10, 2002, 12:54:49 PM11/10/02
Lumina Dragon wrote:

> Selece Dragon wrote:
>
>>Lumina Dragon wrote:
>>

>>>Wow! Your sig plays Suikoden?
>>>
>>It hung over my shoulder while I played, and found that little bit of
>>Engrish as amusing as I did.
>>

> It would.
>

>>>Played the first two myself, and if I get an income and a PS2, I'm
>>>getting the third.
>>>
>>Ditto. I'm pondering trading a kidney for a PS2. I only need one, right?
>>

> My birthday was yesterday, and I got a PS2 and Suikoden III! I must
> rule!
> .... it helped I was allowed to pick the game I wanted to get with the
> PS2.

Happy birthday you lucky bastard....

:tries to bury his seething bubbling jealousy:
\
--
Helgraf Dragon, NSA Dragon, Echelon Liason, Fossil
Chronicler of the Circle of Dragons, King of Sloth
__ The Exodus of the *Other Side*; Psychological torch
/__\ d++ e++ N T-- Om+ U1!23!4!5!6!7'!S'!8!KA!L!
/|__|\ u+++ uC++ uF uG++ uLB+ uA++ nC+ nH+ nP+ nI+ nPT nS++
|----| nT+ y++ a27;a1728 Mao Count : 5, Plonk Count : 5
|_||_| When your home is a torus, expect curves.

Lumina Dragon

Nov 10, 2002, 6:14:54 PM11/10/02

BubbaDragon wrote:

> <SNIP>
>
> Happy Belated Birthday, Lumina! ^_^
>

> May you recieve all the PS2 games that you require to have fun!

Now wouldn't that be nice. It would, of course, leave out the GBA, PC,
and PSX games I want though.

> B2 casts *BET ORT* in celebration, and hopes that there may be a truce
> between his and Lumina's forces, or maybe even a team up?

Birthday over. When I get around to returning to that thread, watch out!
Muahahahahahahahaha!

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 10, 2002, 6:19:44 PM11/10/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
> > My birthday was yesterday, and I got a PS2 and Suikoden III! I must
> > rule!
> > .... it helped I was allowed to pick the game I wanted to get with the
> > PS2.
>

> Oh, you /suck!/ ...look! An angel! *grabs PS2 and Sui3 and hauls ass*

Lumina, not distracted by the obviously fake ploy, pins Selece to the
ground with a Lucent Beam.

> >>And maybe it's just me, but Leknaat always seems so eager to pawn Luc
> >>off on you. "Here, take my apprentice. No, it's all right, go ahead. I
> >>/insist./ PLEASE TAKE HIM." :)
> >
> > Ehhh.... he's better in 2.
>

> Yeah, but he's still got an attitude. Then again, I might just be
> harboring mild resentment because he dissed my cool dragon/dragon/turtle
> statue.

No matter what statue you make, if it's not using all matched pieces,
you WILL get criticisms.

Personally, I like the all-dragon statue. Dragons rule.

But on my second play of the game, when I had an OSG at my side, I made
something that got me a good treasure, THEN turned it into a Dragon.
Muah.

> > Now... if I can only finish playing FFX (which I am borrowing from my
> > brother, although I am no longer borrowing his PS2!), and do a quick
> > replay of Suiko2 (there is one loose end I want to tie up), then I shall
> > begin Suikoden III.
>

> If you spoil me I will eat your face.

I would never. I don't like being spoiled, and I endeavour never to
spoil others.

> > P.S. Back of box, while listing features, indicates we will again get an
> > entire castle town to make. Some other features I'm going to have to
> > wait until I open it and see the instrux to understand.
>

> Ooo! Of course, if the pattern holds, you'll have to kick something big
> and nasty out of it before you can take it over. :)

Probably. :)

I wonder which characters will recur...

-Lumina Dragon

BubbaDragon

Nov 10, 2002, 6:21:35 PM11/10/02
> Now wouldn't that be nice. It would, of course, leave out the GBA, PC,
> and PSX games I want though.

I forgot about those. Sorry. <:)

> > B2 casts *BET ORT* in celebration, and hopes that there may be a truce
> > between his and Lumina's forces, or maybe even a team up?
>
> Birthday over. When I get around to returning to that thread, watch out!
> Muahahahahahahahaha!

You may have to Google that one, Lumina, unless you have some of it unread
or saved in your sent box.

I guess there is little choice in the matter. I really didn't want to
through with it. No excuses, however true or lame they may be...

--

B2D, although not fully interested in it, getting ready for the battle
against Lumina's troops.

Lumina Dragon

Nov 12, 2002, 8:49:13 PM11/12/02

BubbaDragon wrote:

> You may have to Google that one, Lumina, unless you have some of it unread
> or saved in your sent box.

It may be in my Archives folder. Otherwise I'll Google.

> I guess there is little choice in the matter. I really didn't want to
> through with it. No excuses, however true or lame they may be...

Sorry, but as you are so fond of saying, "Let the entertainment begin!"
It's all in good fun, right?

But not now, busy on some RL stuff.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 13, 2002, 6:29:43 PM11/13/02

Selece Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
> > Lumina, not distracted by the obviously fake ploy, pins Selece to the
> > ground with a Lucent Beam.
>

> Ow! Okay, you asked for it. True Wind Rune, show your pow--

And I thought you didn't like Luc?

> > No matter what statue you make, if it's not using all matched pieces,
> > you WILL get criticisms.
> >
> > Personally, I like the all-dragon statue. Dragons rule.
>

> I never did find all the dragon bits, I don't think. But I liked my
> mismatched critter. He was cute.

Even on my first try (before OSG), I think I had all Dragon parts. On my
second, of course, I most assuredly did.

> > I wonder which characters will recur...

I did not ask you to tell me. I was just musing over it. Fortunately for
you, I had heard the same abotu Apple, so no harm done, as you say.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 13, 2002, 6:30:33 PM11/13/02

Helgraf Dragon wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
> > My birthday was yesterday, and I got a PS2 and Suikoden III! I must
> > rule!
> > .... it helped I was allowed to pick the game I wanted to get with the
> > PS2.
>
> Happy birthday you lucky bastard....
>
> :tries to bury his seething bubbling jealousy:

Hmm?

-Lumina Dragon