Returning to Usenet

Eduardo Alvarez

Apr 7, 2017, 9:47:52 AM4/7/17
Hello, all,

Just posting a general hello. Returning to the newsgroup after some time out,
and checking if people still read this.

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarez
Astrochelonian Dragon -==(UDIC)==-

Spalls Hurgenson

Apr 8, 2017, 9:18:08 AM4/8/17
On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 10:47:41 -0300, Eduardo Alvarez
<ealv...@fastmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, all,
>
>Just posting a general hello. Returning to the newsgroup after some time out,
>and checking if people still read this.

Usenet shall never die.

cran berry

Apr 9, 2017, 2:12:08 AM4/9/17
I still check in here regularly hoping something will happen. :) It seems most of the posts here in the last year or so were by me, so I don't want to be too spammy. ;) Nice to see some life here even though most Dragon activity is on social media these days. Alt.games.ultima.dragons was my home until I couldn't access it anymore, and I still think of this as the "new" newsgroup. Though once the Weyrmount was built (in 1995!) I sort of left IRC for it. I'm still on the Weyrmount today. It too is a holdout against these fancy newfangled social networks. :)

Anyway, I'll stop by often enough. I've been slowly learning more of our history one thread at a time by going back and reading old posts. I wrote a lot of it into the book I wrote for the Bash, but I've found UDIC history is complicated and fascinating, and probably will require volumes to catalog it all. Let's keep making history. :)

Gallara Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Singing Dragon

Apr 11, 2017, 10:39:51 PM4/11/17
It's just sleeping.

--
Singing Dragon
-- Don't forget to *enjoy* the *sauce* --

Spalls Hurgenson

Apr 12, 2017, 9:11:57 AM4/12/17
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 22:39:48 -0400, Singing Dragon <jo...@redowl.ca>
wrote:

>On 08/04/17 09:17 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>> On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 10:47:41 -0300, Eduardo Alvarez
>> <ealv...@fastmail.com> wrote:

>>>Hello, all,

>>>Just posting a general hello. Returning to the newsgroup after some time out,
>>>and checking if people still read this.

>> Usenet shall never die.

>It's just sleeping.

Pining for the fjords, even.