Mostly Brits?

bigdinut

Nov 1, 2003, 9:24:36 PM11/1/03
Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?

Dlanod Dragon

Whreky

Nov 1, 2003, 9:47:03 PM11/1/03

>>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?
>>
>>Dlanod Dragon
>
>Aha, time for a poll!
>
>America, born in Seattle, Washington.

'Murhican, bornded in the grate state of West by God smile when you say it
Virginia, the only state that shaped like a bird. ( Just give yourself the
finger with your left hand and ther ya go -looks like WV)
~~O^O~~
Optician Dragon
-==UDIC==-
"The meaning of life is a mystery that we don't understand so far.
And the music of life is a rhapsody if you're happy the way that you are."
-Alan Parsons/Eric Woolfson

Arcana Dragon

Nov 1, 2003, 9:53:14 PM11/1/03
"bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great
> Britain?

Most certainly not, my good Sir! (To wife: Pour me a cup o'tea and butter
me up a scone, there's a love.)

I'm living in Copenhagen, Denmark (check your maps...).

Great Britain is one of our old colonies. :-)

--
Arcana Viking -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

Zac Bond

Nov 1, 2003, 10:15:38 PM11/1/03

"bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great
Britain?

Born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. You know, with all the
cousin-marryin, drawl-talkin' rednecks. According to idiots who have
never been there, anyway. I'm now in Cleveland, Ohio, USA for school.
Someday I will probably go back South because it isn't so damned cold.

-Ophidian

Ashikaga

Nov 2, 2003, 12:07:25 AM11/2/03
When I tuned to 16kHz, I received Polychromic:

> "bigdinut" wrote:
>
>>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?
>
> Aha, time for a poll!
>
> America, born in Seattle, Washington.

California, born in Taipei, Taiwan.

--
Ashikaga Dragon de--NT-- OM+++ U7''S89 u- uC uF-- uG+++
-== UDIC ==- uLB----uA+ nC++ nH+ nP+nI nPT- nS+++ nT--

Great Siberian Dragon

Nov 2, 2003, 12:41:05 AM11/2/03
"bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great
Britain?

Born in Russia, currently residing in Melbourne, Australia.

- GSD

Tareon

Nov 2, 2003, 12:42:35 AM11/2/03
In article <EVZob.1209$qh2...@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
bigd...@earthlink.net says...

> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?
>
> Dlanod Dragon

Hannover, Germany
--

Tareon Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

thehawk

Nov 2, 2003, 1:55:18 AM11/2/03
> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?

Only a mistake for those of us who are from somewhere else, Dlanod.

To answer Polychromic's Poll(tm), born in Parkdale, Oregon, and have
lived in Idaho (Moscow and Idaho Falls), Colorado (Denver), Florida
(Orlando), and California (Bay Area), all in the United States. Some of
them you will find on a map, some, well, probably not.

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC

Nick

Nov 2, 2003, 3:31:59 AM11/2/03
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:24:36 GMT, "bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?

Born in Brazil, moved to France and now live in the UK. So I consider
myself British, but I was born to Irish parents.

--Nick.
--
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/what - Want DVDs/Games?
Fax: +44 (0) 7974 984182 --- icq: 9235201 --- Hayn on dal

BubbaDragon

Nov 2, 2003, 4:32:03 AM11/2/03

"bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great
Britain?

I, myself, live in Georgetown, Delaware, USA.

However, I -would- like to see all of my fellow Ultima Dragons eventually.

--

Bubbac II Dragon

Rupert Wanderer

Nov 2, 2003, 5:22:07 AM11/2/03
"Polychromic" <mac...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:24:36 GMT, "bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> Aha, time for a poll!

England, born in Oxford.

--
The Triad
User of 'Thingamajig!'

Michael Lehmeier

Nov 2, 2003, 5:09:40 AM11/2/03
On 2003-11-02, bigdinut <bigd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?

Neumarkt, south of Nueremberg, Bavaria, Germany.
Been near there all my life.

--
Nightshade Dragon

erimess

Nov 2, 2003, 7:25:21 AM11/2/03
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:15:38 -0500, "Zac Bond" <zw...@po.cwru.edu>
wrote:

You have a problem with Ohio's weather? I just can't understand that.

--

Erimess Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

d++e+NT++Om UK!1!2!3!A!L!
U+uCuFuG+++uLB+uA+ nC+nH+nP+nS++nT-xa2
--------
Do infants enjoy infancy as much as
adults enjoy adultery?
--George Carlin Mumblings

erimess

Nov 2, 2003, 7:31:24 AM11/2/03
wrote:

>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?

Well, perhaps if you're counting my grandparents into the mix.

Born and bred in Ohio in the US of A. Travelled a lot; never lived
anywhere else.

On the other hand, there's some Brits here who haven't answered yet.

Zac Bond

Nov 2, 2003, 8:18:58 AM11/2/03

<erimess> wrote in message

> >Born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. You know, with all
the
> >cousin-marryin, drawl-talkin' rednecks. According to idiots who
have
> >never been there, anyway. I'm now in Cleveland, Ohio, USA for
school.
> >Someday I will probably go back South because it isn't so damned
cold.

> You have a problem with Ohio's weather? I just can't understand
that.

The lack of a smiley of some sort suggests you are not being
sarcastic!

Actually, it hasn't been very nice this year; good sweater weather.
But January to March is always really dreadful: the sun never peeks
behind the giant dome of grey overhead. I hate trudging through
mounds of snow when going to class. I hate driving in it even more.
At least plowing gets done quickly--when I'm not driving home from my
girlfriend's at 3 AM.

Actually, that's given me good experience driving in the snow, even if
the half-hour trip sometimes takes two or more.

-Zac

Thomas Alley

Nov 2, 2003, 10:08:15 AM11/2/03
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:32:45 +0000, Polychromic wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:24:36 GMT, "bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>

> Aha, time for a poll!
>

> America, born in Seattle, Washington.

OK, I'll bite...

America, born in Alexandria, VA
currently residing in Tampa, FL
Lived in:
Alexandria, VA
Hemingford Grey, Cambridgeshire, UK
New York, NY
Nashville, TN
Miami, FL
San Antonio, TX
Panama City, FL
Tampa, FL
Spokane, WA
Othello, WA
Moses Lake, WA
Tampa, FL

That I remember at least... 8-)

Thomas Alley
aka Prax Dragon
Father of the most wonderful of daughters
Tyler Caye (19 months)

Ashikaga

Nov 2, 2003, 1:50:25 PM11/2/03
When I tuned to 8kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
<snip>

> Neumarkt, south of Nueremberg, Bavaria, Germany.
> Been near there all my life.

Ah..., and you dislike Bavarians? You and Claus are practically neighbors!
Shame..., shame....

Arcana Dragon

Nov 2, 2003, 3:03:05 PM11/2/03
Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Ah..., and you dislike Bavarians? You and Claus are practically
> neighbors! Shame..., shame....

In danish lingo a bavarian is either a beer (en bajer), or a sausage
(bajersk pølse).

Thus endeth todays danish-lesson.

--
Med venlig hilsen
arc@na

Black Mountain Dragon

Nov 2, 2003, 3:04:11 PM11/2/03
While under a long, dark cloud, erimess managed to convey:

> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:24:36 GMT, "bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great
>>Britain?
>
> Well, perhaps if you're counting my grandparents into the mix.
>
> Born and bred in Ohio in the US of A. Travelled a lot; never lived
> anywhere else.
>
> On the other hand, there's some Brits here who haven't answered yet.

Born, raised & live in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A.

--
Black Mountain Dragon
Casting a long, dark shadow

Lost Dragon

Nov 2, 2003, 3:55:38 PM11/2/03
>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?

Nooooo..

*whips out a map and a bunch of pins*

I live up here!

*pins*

"Uhhh.. Lost, that says Rand McNally."

Oh..

*pins*

"No... That's Mt Rushmore."

*hesitant pin*

"Lake Superior"

*starts to pin*

"AHHH! GIVE IT TO ME."

*pins Oklahoma*

"You live there. See??"

*blank stare*

*points to Rand McNally*

AHAHAHAA.. O.o;

--
Lost Dragon

psz

Nov 2, 2003, 4:08:09 PM11/2/03

"bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great
Britain?

> Dlanod Dragon

US born and bred (sadly ;->)

--
Darkling Dragon
--==(UDIC)==-- 3rd --==(UnSplut)==-- Member

Arcana Dragon

Nov 2, 2003, 6:07:33 PM11/2/03

> Yes, but what if the Dane says the full word "Bavarian"? Then what
> does it mean?

The closest to that word in danish would be "bavian" (baboon). :-)))

In denmark we use the term "bajersk" for "bavarian", as Bavaria is called
Bajern or Bayern in danish.

En (A) bajersk (bavarian) pølse (sausage), for instance.
Or en (a) bajer (beer) - slang, as the first brewery principle utilized
in danish beer industry was a legacy of the bavarian brewery tradition.
A beer is also commonly called "pilsner" in danish. The founder of the
Carlsberg Breweries actually learnt his handicraft in what today is the
chek republic province of Plsn (= Pilsen).

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-

arc@na

Nov 2, 2003, 6:08:24 PM11/2/03
Lost Dragon <lost-...@tulsacoxmail.com> wrote in

>>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great
>>Britain?
> Nooooo..
> *whips out a map and a bunch of pins*
> I live up here!
> *pins*
> "Uhhh.. Lost, that says Rand McNally."
> Oh..

> *blank stare*
> *points to Rand McNally*
> AHAHAHAA.. O.o;

You're lost, eh???? :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen - arc@na
"Tattoos are cool." "Yeah, I wish I was born with one." "You're not born

Lost Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 3:35:32 AM11/3/03
>You're lost, eh???? :-)

You might say.. ;)

/| .oo__. .-----. Lost Dragon
| \| ,-'' | _|_ | http://www.lostdragon.com/
`,_/,(_)\_ | | | "They're still running with shields down."
_.,-=(_)_)_ ''`-----' "Of course. We're all one happy fleet." - Khan

Claus Dragon

Nov 2, 2003, 6:06:04 PM11/2/03
While forming in a straight line, "bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?

bavaria, germany, europe.
--
Claus Dragon <clau...@mpsahotmail.com>
=(UDIC)=

Michael Lehmeier

Nov 2, 2003, 6:40:59 PM11/2/03
On 2003-11-02, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When I tuned to 8kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
><snip>
>> Neumarkt, south of Nueremberg, Bavaria, Germany.
>> Been near there all my life.
>
> Ah..., and you dislike Bavarians?

Huh?

Well, anyway, I dislike some of them.
Don't we all?

> You and Claus are practically neighbors!

w-w-w.d-e-j-a.c-o-m
"claus Ultima bavaria"

Indeed. I've studied in Regensburg for quite some time.
Liked it there.

Concerning beer: I was surprised that at least in Canada there are a
couple of really good beers. But also the worst I have ever tasted.
British seems okay, but not extraordinary. Guinness is really strange.
Nobody likes it when he first tries it, but if you carry on, you will
get addicted. What do they put in it?
Czech beer is really good, although I never liked pilsener much. And I
don't know if that Budweiser beer I tasted in America is actually the
same as the one in Czechia. I hope not. It was drinkable, but a little
too watery for my taste.
The beer from Regensburg that is most famous is actually not very good.
But Regensburg has other breweries and they are very good.
My favourite is from a small brewery in a nearby town. They make a
somewhat sweet beer that is darker than usual. (an intermediary between
light and dark beer)
Oh, and it has more alcohol than usual.

And I didn't contribute to our Minister Präsident's rise either.
Thank god.

?

--
Nightshade Dragon

Ashikaga

Nov 3, 2003, 3:48:47 AM11/3/03
When I tuned to 46kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:

> Ashikaga wrote:
>> When I tuned to 8kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
<snip>
>>> Neumarkt, south of Nueremberg, Bavaria, Germany.
>>> Been near there all my life.
>>
>> Ah..., and you dislike Bavarians?
>
> Huh?
>
> Well, anyway, I dislike some of them.
> Don't we all?

Yes, but I am not all that serious when I tease Claus. I actually consider
him a good friend.

>> You and Claus are practically neighbors!
>
> w-w-w.d-e-j-a.c-o-m
> "claus Ultima bavaria"
>
> Indeed. I've studied in Regensburg for quite some time.
> Liked it there.
>
> Concerning beer: I was surprised that at least in Canada there are a
> couple of really good beers. But also the worst I have ever tasted.
> British seems okay, but not extraordinary. Guinness is really strange.
> Nobody likes it when he first tries it, but if you carry on, you will
> get addicted. What do they put in it?
> Czech beer is really good, although I never liked pilsener much. And I
> don't know if that Budweiser beer I tasted in America is actually the
> same as the one in Czechia. I hope not. It was drinkable, but a little
> too watery for my taste.
> The beer from Regensburg that is most famous is actually not very good.
> But Regensburg has other breweries and they are very good.
> My favourite is from a small brewery in a nearby town. They make a
> somewhat sweet beer that is darker than usual. (an intermediary between
> light and dark beer)
> Oh, and it has more alcohol than usual.
>
> And I didn't contribute to our Minister Präsident's rise either.
> Thank god.

Funny, when we brought up this topic, then everyone starts to talk about
beer.... Anyways, I don't like beer that much, so not an expert, but the
only beer I like is in fact, Pilsner.... I don't think Budweiser is
Pilsner (too light colored, and taste like water, unlike that rich and
slightly sweet Pilsner taste).

>> Shame..., shame....
>
> ?

I mean, you guys are neighbors so you guys should at least appreciate each
other a little more. It's not that easy to find your fellow neighbors
online, you know.

erimess

Nov 3, 2003, 4:19:26 AM11/3/03
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 08:18:58 -0500, "Zac Bond" <zw...@po.cwru.edu>
wrote:

>> You have a problem with Ohio's weather? I just can't understand
>that.
>
>The lack of a smiley of some sort suggests you are not being
>sarcastic!

Actually, I was being sarcastic. At least around here, talk of Ohio's
weather is just so common-place that sarcasm would've been understood.
:-)

I do agree with you. Fortunately right now we're having some warm
days. But that's just like Ohio. I've seen it in the 80's in March
and I've seen it snow in August.

erimess

Nov 3, 2003, 4:20:10 AM11/3/03
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:04:11 GMT, Black Mountain Dragon
<bl...@mountain.dragon> wrote:

>While under a long, dark cloud, erimess managed to convey:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:24:36 GMT, "bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great
>>>Britain?
>>
>> Well, perhaps if you're counting my grandparents into the mix.
>>
>> Born and bred in Ohio in the US of A. Travelled a lot; never lived
>> anywhere else.
>>
>> On the other hand, there's some Brits here who haven't answered yet.
>>
>Born, raised & live in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A.

That's where my dad's from.

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 5:15:16 AM11/3/03
While forming in a straight line, Arcana Dragon
<thi...@n.invalid.adress.com> wrote:

>> Ah..., and you dislike Bavarians? You and Claus are practically
>> neighbors! Shame..., shame....
>
>In danish lingo a bavarian is either a beer (en bajer), or a sausage
>(bajersk pølse).

well, that sums up our culture quite nicely :P

>Thus endeth todays danish-lesson.

is it anywhere close to norwegian?

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 5:16:23 AM11/3/03
While forming in a straight line, Arcana Dragon
<thi...@n.invalid.adress.com> wrote:

>En (A) bajersk (bavarian) přlse (sausage), for instance.

>Or en (a) bajer (beer) - slang, as the first brewery principle utilized
>in danish beer industry was a legacy of the bavarian brewery tradition.
>A beer is also commonly called "pilsner" in danish. The founder of the
>Carlsberg Breweries actually learnt his handicraft in what today is the
>chek republic province of Plsn (= Pilsen).

basically everyone learned from the brewers in pilsen. original
pilsner beer is incredibly good ...

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 5:22:16 AM11/3/03
While forming in a straight line, Michael Lehmeier <m_leh...@gmx.de>
wrote:

>On 2003-11-02, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> When I tuned to 8kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
>><snip>
>>> Neumarkt, south of Nueremberg, Bavaria, Germany.
>>> Been near there all my life.
>>
>> Ah..., and you dislike Bavarians?
>
>Huh?
>
>Well, anyway, I dislike some of them.
>Don't we all?
>
>> You and Claus are practically neighbors!
>
>w-w-w.d-e-j-a.c-o-m
>"claus Ultima bavaria"
>
>Indeed. I've studied in Regensburg for quite some time.
>Liked it there.

me too. that is why i dont want to leave :)

>Concerning beer: I was surprised that at least in Canada there are a
>couple of really good beers. But also the worst I have ever tasted.
>British seems okay, but not extraordinary. Guinness is really strange.
>Nobody likes it when he first tries it, but if you carry on, you will
>get addicted. What do they put in it?

hm, british beer is a bit watery for my tase. guinness is really
strange. some people like it a lot, i cannot drink it. perhaps they
throw some old irish ashes into it, which contain something which
makes you an addict.

>Czech beer is really good, although I never liked pilsener much. And I
>don't know if that Budweiser beer I tasted in America is actually the
>same as the one in Czechia. I hope not. It was drinkable, but a little
>too watery for my taste.

no its not. the real budweiser is quite heavy and rather well spiced,
definitely not watery.

>The beer from Regensburg that is most famous is actually not very good.

T&T or kneitinger? does not really matter much, they both are not too
good.

>But Regensburg has other breweries and they are very good.
>My favourite is from a small brewery in a nearby town. They make a
>somewhat sweet beer that is darker than usual. (an intermediary between
>light and dark beer)
>Oh, and it has more alcohol than usual.

sounds like some "doppelbock". Weltenburger Doppelbock, per chance?

Black Mountain Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 5:55:31 AM11/3/03
While under a long, dark cloud, erimess managed to convey

>>Born, raised & live in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A.
>
> That's where my dad's from.
>

> --
>
> Erimess Dragon
> -==(UDIC)==-
>
> d++e+NT++Om UK!1!2!3!A!L!
> U+uCuFuG+++uLB+uA+ nC+nH+nP+nS++nT-xa2
> --------
> Do infants enjoy infancy as much as
> adults enjoy adultery?
> --George Carlin Mumblings

My condolences. ;-)

Witty Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 7:09:50 AM11/3/03
Polychromic wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:24:36 GMT, "bigdinut" <bigd...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?
>>
>>Dlanod Dragon
>

> Aha, time for a poll!
>
> America, born in Seattle, Washington.

England, born in Dover.

--

Witty Dragon

Arcana Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 10:04:18 AM11/3/03
Claus Dragon <cl...@ultima-dragons.org> wrote in

>>Thus endeth todays danish-lesson.
> is it anywhere close to norwegian?

The old norwegian (bokmål) is very similar to danish. The new norwegian
(nynorsk) no devil can understand. :-)

Usually scandinavians (except the finnish, who doesn't belong to the indo-
european languages) can converse and read each others language without
problems.

Ashikaga

Nov 3, 2003, 12:35:44 PM11/3/03
When I tuned to 19kHz, I received Claus Dragon:
> While forming in a straight line, Arcana Dragon wrote:
<snip>

>>Thus endeth todays danish-lesson.
>
> is it anywhere close to norwegian?

I believe Danes and Swedes are archrivals, so I would guess Norwegians are
too, different from Danish. Just guessing.

Ashikaga

Nov 3, 2003, 12:37:36 PM11/3/03
When I tuned to 19kHz, I received Claus Dragon:
> While forming in a straight line, Arcana Dragon wrote:
>
>>> Ah..., and you dislike Bavarians? You and Claus are practically
>>> neighbors! Shame..., shame....
>>
>>In danish lingo a bavarian is either a beer (en bajer), or a sausage
>>(bajersk pølse).
>
> well, that sums up our culture quite nicely :P

Sorry, need to add this.... Bavarian culture == Heart-burn culture.

Ashikaga

Nov 3, 2003, 12:43:05 PM11/3/03
When I tuned to 9kHz, I received Lost Dragon:

>>You're lost, eh???? :-)
>
> You might say.. ;)

So where in the U.S. of A. is Lost Dragon? That makes a good edutainment
title. :-) Guaranteed bestseller among UDIC dragons.

Michael Lehmeier

Nov 3, 2003, 2:23:08 PM11/3/03
On 2003-11-03, Claus Dragon <cl...@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:
> While forming in a straight line, Michael Lehmeier <m_leh...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>>The beer from Regensburg that is most famous is actually not very good.
>
> T&T or kneitinger? does not really matter much, they both are not too
> good.

T&T. Has their university monopoly fallen already?
I liked Kneitinger and Spital.

>>My favourite is from a small brewery in a nearby town. They make a
>>somewhat sweet beer that is darker than usual. (an intermediary between
>>light and dark beer)
>>Oh, and it has more alcohol than usual.
>
> sounds like some "doppelbock". Weltenburger Doppelbock, per chance?

No, it is "Lengenfelder Kupfer-Spezial".
Among those who know it it is especially liked on parties.

--
Nightshade Dragon

Michael Lehmeier

Nov 3, 2003, 2:34:13 PM11/3/03
On 2003-11-03, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When I tuned to 46kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
>> Ashikaga wrote:
>>> When I tuned to 8kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
><snip>
>>>
>>> Ah..., and you dislike Bavarians?
>>
>> Huh?
>>
>> Well, anyway, I dislike some of them.
>> Don't we all?
>
> Yes, but I am not all that serious when I tease Claus. I actually consider
> him a good friend.

That's what I guessed, but there's no way to know for sure.

>>> You and Claus are practically neighbors!
>>
>> w-w-w.d-e-j-a.c-o-m
>> "claus Ultima bavaria"
>>
>> Indeed. I've studied in Regensburg for quite some time.
>> Liked it there.
>>
>> Concerning beer:
>

> Funny, when we brought up this topic, then everyone starts to talk about
> beer....

Why not? :)

> Anyways, I don't like beer that much, so not an expert, but the
> only beer I like is in fact, Pilsner.... I don't think Budweiser is
> Pilsner (too light colored, and taste like water, unlike that rich and
> slightly sweet Pilsner taste).

Indeed, AFAIK it isn't.
But there are more good beers coming from Czechia than Pilsner.

>>> Shame..., shame....
>>
>> ?
>
> I mean, you guys are neighbors so you guys should at least appreciate each
> other a little more. It's not that easy to find your fellow neighbors
> online, you know.

:)
Well, some of us actually did meet a couple of years ago.

This is the only link I have found on it:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=udic+nightshade+meeting&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=52riq1%24kd0%40sat.ipp-garching.mpg.de&rnum=1

Is it eight years already?
Wow.

--
Nightshade Dragon

Ashikaga

Nov 3, 2003, 2:58:20 PM11/3/03
When I tuned to 62kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:

> Ashikaga wrote:
>> When I tuned to 46kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
>>> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>

>> Yes, but I am not all that serious when I tease Claus. I actually consider
>> him a good friend.
>
> That's what I guessed, but there's no way to know for sure.

You can be cynical, but Claus is a good friend. Just google it, and you'd
know we exchanged posts in friendly terms. Maybe he doesn't think so, but
those words are considered friendly coming from me.

<snip>

>> Funny, when we brought up this topic, then everyone starts to talk about
>> beer....
>
> Why not? :)

Are dragons alchoholic?

> Indeed, AFAIK it isn't.
> But there are more good beers coming from Czechia than Pilsner.

I would love to know more about them. :-)

>> I mean, you guys are neighbors so you guys should at least appreciate each
>> other a little more. It's not that easy to find your fellow neighbors
>> online, you know.
>
>:)
> Well, some of us actually did meet a couple of years ago.

Well, was Claus in it?

Old dragon, you! I am still a baby drake.

--
Ashikaga

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 4:23:52 PM11/3/03
While forming in a straight line, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>> well, that sums up our culture quite nicely :P
>
>Sorry, need to add this.... Bavarian culture == Heart-burn culture.

your expression says nothing to me. explain yourself, puny drakeling.

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 4:25:14 PM11/3/03
wrote:

>When I tuned to 62kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
>> Ashikaga wrote:
>>> When I tuned to 46kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
><snip>
>>> Yes, but I am not all that serious when I tease Claus. I actually consider
>>> him a good friend.
>>
>> That's what I guessed, but there's no way to know for sure.
>
>You can be cynical, but Claus is a good friend. Just google it, and you'd
>know we exchanged posts in friendly terms. Maybe he doesn't think so, but
>those words are considered friendly coming from me.

well, you know, the way i talk to you is the same i would talk to a
mere child.

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 4:28:40 PM11/3/03
wrote:

>>>The beer from Regensburg that is most famous is actually not very good.
>>
>> T&T or kneitinger? does not really matter much, they both are not too
>> good.
>
>T&T. Has their university monopoly fallen already?
>I liked Kneitinger and Spital.

yes, the T&T monopoly has fallen by now (as have parties in the
audimax). spital is not bad, though i sometimes get headaches ...
kneitinger is mostly okay, apart from the pils, which i somehow cant
stand. but i rarely drink alcohol nowadays and when i do, i drink
stronger stuff.

>>>My favourite is from a small brewery in a nearby town. They make a
>>>somewhat sweet beer that is darker than usual. (an intermediary between
>>>light and dark beer)
>>>Oh, and it has more alcohol than usual.
>>
>> sounds like some "doppelbock". Weltenburger Doppelbock, per chance?
>
>No, it is "Lengenfelder Kupfer-Spezial".
>Among those who know it it is especially liked on parties.

lengenfeld .... hm, i think i have tried that once or so ... cant be
too sure, tried close to 200 beers in my time.

Ashikaga

Nov 3, 2003, 4:54:30 PM11/3/03
When I tuned to 13kHz, I received Claus Dragon:

> While forming in a straight line, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> well, that sums up our culture quite nicely :P
>>
>>Sorry, need to add this.... Bavarian culture == Heart-burn culture.
>
> your expression says nothing to me. explain yourself, puny drakeling.

Well, if you eat lots of heavy foods together, your stomach might be not so
comfy. Somehow it's called heart-burn in English.

Ashikaga

Nov 3, 2003, 4:55:55 PM11/3/03
When I tuned to 25kHz, I received Claus Dragon:
> While forming in a straight line, Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>

>>You can be cynical, but Claus is a good friend. Just google it, and you'd
>>know we exchanged posts in friendly terms. Maybe he doesn't think so, but
>>those words are considered friendly coming from me.
>
> well, you know, the way i talk to you is the same i would talk to a
> mere child.

Mommy! Claus bit me. :-D J/k (*runs*)

Whreky

Nov 3, 2003, 5:07:31 PM11/3/03

>>>You're lost, eh???? :-)
>>
>> You might say.. ;)
>
>So where in the U.S. of A. is Lost Dragon? That makes a good edutainment
>title. :-) Guaranteed bestseller among UDIC dragons.

Pitch it to Fox- they'll probably make a reality series out of it. :-)
~~O^O~~
Optician Dragon
-==UDIC==-
"The meaning of life is a mystery that we don't understand so far.
And the music of life is a rhapsody if you're happy the way that you are."
-Alan Parsons/Eric Woolfson

Michael Lehmeier

Nov 3, 2003, 5:37:23 PM11/3/03
On 2003-11-03, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When I tuned to 62kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
>> Ashikaga wrote:
>>> Funny, when we brought up this topic, then everyone starts to talk about
>>> beer....
>>
>> Why not? :)
>
> Are dragons alchoholic?

<eg>
Don't use the word "alcoholic" in a topic about beer when talking to
bavarians! :)

Reminds me of my visit to Canada. That was very strange when we had to
show our passports (at age 24) when buying beer. (Raineer's (sp?), best
one we found there)
Quite puzzling when you come from a country where children can drink
beer in low quantities in public places when a guardian is present
(parents, but also teachers) at age 14!
Buy beer and wine for themselves at age 16 and strong booze at age 18.

>> Indeed, AFAIK it isn't.
>> But there are more good beers coming from Czechia than Pilsner.
>
> I would love to know more about them. :-)

Uh, it's been some time since I was in Czechia. I don't remember any
names.

>>> I mean, you guys are neighbors so you guys should at least appreciate each
>>> other a little more. It's not that easy to find your fellow neighbors
>>> online, you know.
>>
>>:)
>> Well, some of us actually did meet a couple of years ago.
>
> Well, was Claus in it?

No.
But see for yourself:
http://www.nefkom.net/m_lehmeier/UDIC/home.html
It's the old web site from that meeting. I found it mirrored on my
harddisk and temporarily put it up again.
All pictures can be found under "index".
The the meeting was in our second house that stood empty at that time.
The city is Nueremberg, which we visited on the second day.

I wonder if any of these dragons are still active here.

>> Is it eight years already?
>> Wow.
>
> Old dragon, you! I am still a baby drake.

I have never been much active, but yes, I guess I am.

Arcana Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 6:24:12 PM11/3/03

> I believe Danes and Swedes are archrivals, so I would guess Norwegians
> are too, different from Danish. Just guessing.

The difference between Sweden and the other scandinavian countries is that
Sweden only has good neighbors. :-)

thehawk

Nov 3, 2003, 6:42:53 PM11/3/03
In article <jrkdqvckeldf46184...@4ax.com>,
mac...@comcast.net says...

> >>So where in the U.S. of A. is Lost Dragon? That makes a good edutainment
> >>title. :-) Guaranteed bestseller among UDIC dragons.
> >
> >Pitch it to Fox- they'll probably make a reality series out of it. :-)
>
> Lost Millionaire?
>
> Find Waldo Lost? Oh wait, that's a book.
>
> Survivor: Hunting Lost Dragon
>
> LostTV
>
> and my favorite on HGTV, This Old Lost with Steve Thomas.

What about Great Race or whatever it was? Great Amazing Race? Amazing
Race Stories? Anyway, where they have to find the clues and get to the
places and do the stuff for more clues and in the end they find the One
True Lost Dragon (UDIC)?

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC

thehawk

Nov 3, 2003, 6:50:59 PM11/3/03
In article <slrnbqdm53.5...@radom.de>, m_leh...@gmx.de
says...

(Stuff Removed)

> No.
> But see for yourself:
> http://www.nefkom.net/m_lehmeier/UDIC/home.html
> It's the old web site from that meeting. I found it mirrored on my
> harddisk and temporarily put it up again.
> All pictures can be found under "index".
> The the meeting was in our second house that stood empty at that time.
> The city is Nueremberg, which we visited on the second day.

(The rest is Removed too)

There was a t-shirt? You guys had a t-shirt?

What about updating the page, and it put onto udic.org for posterity?

What about a UDICon-US at some point?

What about all that new solar activity?

Who is that masked man, anyway?

thehawk

Nov 3, 2003, 8:07:31 PM11/3/03
In article <paudqvg6gtlgetnmi...@4ax.com>,
mac...@comcast.net says...

> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:50:59 -0800, thehawk
> <thehaw...@hotmaildot.com> wrote:
>
> >What about a UDICon-US at some point?
>
> There have been several although I don't think there are websites
> devoted to them.

Well then, are there any pictures out there anywhere? What about
putting them all into one collection?

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 8:06:28 PM11/3/03
wrote:

>>>Sorry, need to add this.... Bavarian culture == Heart-burn culture.
>>
>> your expression says nothing to me. explain yourself, puny drakeling.
>
>Well, if you eat lots of heavy foods together, your stomach might be not so
>comfy. Somehow it's called heart-burn in English.

thats wrong, try again!

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 8:15:33 PM11/3/03
While forming in a straight line, Polychromic <mac...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>>> well, you know, the way i talk to you is the same i would talk to a
>>> mere child.
>>
>>Mommy! Claus bit me. :-D J/k (*runs*)
>

>So now Claus needs some mouthwash to kill the awful taste and you need
>a rabies shot.

i will have a cigarette instead,

Claus Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 8:19:39 PM11/3/03
wrote:

>>> Why not? :)
>>
>> Are dragons alchoholic?
>
><eg>
>Don't use the word "alcoholic" in a topic about beer when talking to
>bavarians! :)

this might indeed be an issue. beer is one of the basic foodstuffs
here, after all.

>No.
>But see for yourself:
>http://www.nefkom.net/m_lehmeier/UDIC/home.html
>It's the old web site from that meeting. I found it mirrored on my
>harddisk and temporarily put it up again.
>All pictures can be found under "index".
>The the meeting was in our second house that stood empty at that time.
>The city is Nueremberg, which we visited on the second day.

sweet, lots of guys which did look old even at that time :P

>I wonder if any of these dragons are still active here.
>
>>> Is it eight years already?
>>> Wow.
>>
>> Old dragon, you! I am still a baby drake.
>
>I have never been much active, but yes, I guess I am.

well, its not only activity that counts, but also the spirit.

arc@na

Nov 3, 2003, 8:32:29 PM11/3/03

> i will have a cigarette instead,

How politically correct. :-)

I'll have a biiig Hanvana-cee-gar! :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen
arc@na

Arcana Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 10:08:23 PM11/3/03

>>Well then, are there any pictures out there anywhere? What about
>>putting them all into one collection?

> I don't have any pictures since I haven't gone to any of the meetings.

How about a World DragonCon in Copenhagen? I'll take it on me to make the
arrangements.

That'll be equal distance (more or less) for "Oo"strailian and "Eey"-
merican dragons, and Copenhagen is a super-cool place (a lot like
Amsterdam)! See for yerselves:

http://www.aok.dk/
http://www.christiania.org/
http://www.thm.dk/
http://www.viking-con.dk/rollespil/

Whreky

Nov 3, 2003, 10:20:19 PM11/3/03

>>>Well then, are there any pictures out there anywhere? What about
>>>putting them all into one collection?
>> I don't have any pictures since I haven't gone to any of the meetings.
>
>How about a World DragonCon in Copenhagen? I'll take it on me to make the
>arrangements.
>
>That'll be equal distance (more or less) for "Oo"strailian and "Eey"-
>merican dragons, and Copenhagen is a super-cool place (a lot like
>Amsterdam)! See for yerselves:
>
>http://www.aok.dk/
>http://www.christiania.org/
>http://www.thm.dk/
>http://www.viking-con.dk/rollespil/

Gee, I dunno... it looks awful...foreign to me. I mean, they haven't even
learned to do all their pages in English yet.....
And that walk across the ocean... Whew!

Arcana Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 10:56:11 PM11/3/03
whr...@aol.comonnow (Whreky) wrote in

>>http://www.aok.dk/

> Gee, I dunno... it looks awful...foreign to me. I mean, they haven't
> even learned to do all their pages in English yet.....

I just sent them a harsh email to that effect!

> And that walk across the ocean... Whew!

No problem - use Water Walking and a few Restore Magicka-potions. :-)

Arcana Dragon

Nov 3, 2003, 10:57:32 PM11/3/03
whr...@aol.comonnow (Whreky) wrote in

> And that walk across the ocean... Whew!

I'm serious - I'd like to arrange it! Really!

If I get any response, that is. It's surely doable.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 12:17:55 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 18kHz, I received Claus Dragon:
> While forming in a straight line, Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>

>>> your expression says nothing to me. explain yourself, puny drakeling.
>>
>>Well, if you eat lots of heavy foods together, your stomach might be not so
>>comfy. Somehow it's called heart-burn in English.
>
> thats wrong, try again!

What's wrong? Please be more specific.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 12:20:31 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 25kHz, I received Polychromic:
> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>

>>Well, if you eat lots of heavy foods together, your stomach might be not so
>>comfy. Somehow it's called heart-burn in English.
>
> For me, it's acidic tomatoes or overly oily/undrained food that causes
> heartburn. I can eat whatever I want without heartburn as long as I
> keep those items in mind. Well, I could but now I'm on a diet.

The major one for me is legume. Too much freedom fries are no good either.
Wienershnitzel's chili cheese fries are bad for me, but I like them....

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 12:23:46 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 23kHz, I received Polychromic:
> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>

>>Mommy! Claus bit me. :-D J/k (*runs*)
>
> So now Claus needs some mouthwash to kill the awful taste and you need
> a rabies shot.

I've always thought my skin would taste like tofu. Anyways, who needs a
rabies shot? Not me anyways. (*foam comes out of the mouth*)

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 12:27:46 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 14kHz, I received arc@na:

> Claus Dragon wrote:
>
>> i will have a cigarette instead,
>
> How politically correct. :-)
>
> I'll have a biiig Hanvana-cee-gar! :-)

Huh.... Though I am confused at this point, don't know what prompted Claus
to smoke a cigarette, but cigar smoking can't be good. Besides, if you
were in SF, you would never want to say that. I believe the Cuba city is
called Havanna or Havana, but not Hanvana.... Just a pedant thingy.

thehawk

Nov 4, 2003, 12:31:35 AM11/4/03
In article <njp0mqbzxym7$.1haepgp25sl62$.d...@40tude.net>,
citiz...@hotmail.com says...

> When I tuned to 23kHz, I received Polychromic:
> > Ashikaga wrote:
> <snip>
> >>Mommy! Claus bit me. :-D J/k (*runs*)
> >
> > So now Claus needs some mouthwash to kill the awful taste and you need
> > a rabies shot.
>
> I've always thought my skin would taste like tofu. Anyways, who needs a
> rabies shot? Not me anyways. (*foam comes out of the mouth*)

*Laugh* Yea, so, like he said, it will be necessary to kill the awful
taste.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 12:51:29 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 56kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>

>> Are dragons alchoholic?
>
> <eg>
> Don't use the word "alcoholic" in a topic about beer when talking to
> bavarians! :)

Why?

> Reminds me of my visit to Canada. That was very strange when we had to
> show our passports (at age 24) when buying beer. (Raineer's (sp?), best
> one we found there)
> Quite puzzling when you come from a country where children can drink
> beer in low quantities in public places when a guardian is present
> (parents, but also teachers) at age 14!
> Buy beer and wine for themselves at age 16 and strong booze at age 18.

Well, you should be very glad they checked your ID. That means you look
young. :-) One of the embarrassing moments in my life happened on one
night my cousins and I went for a drink. I forgot to bring my ID and I
told my cousins about it in Mandarin, but totally forgot "ID" is in fact
English.... LOL. The waitress wasn't about to ask, but I reminded her (I
am such a smart boy...). No drink for me. LOL!

>>> Indeed, AFAIK it isn't.
>>> But there are more good beers coming from Czechia than Pilsner.
>>
>> I would love to know more about them. :-)
>
> Uh, it's been some time since I was in Czechia. I don't remember any
> names.

Shuds! Anyways, just tell me the names when you got them back.

<snip>

>>>:)
>>> Well, some of us actually did meet a couple of years ago.
>>
>> Well, was Claus in it?
>
> No.
> But see for yourself:
> http://www.nefkom.net/m_lehmeier/UDIC/home.html
> It's the old web site from that meeting. I found it mirrored on my
> harddisk and temporarily put it up again.
> All pictures can be found under "index".
> The the meeting was in our second house that stood empty at that time.
> The city is Nueremberg, which we visited on the second day.
>
> I wonder if any of these dragons are still active here.

I think you are the only one I see. I've heard of this F-15 person, but
have never seen him since I've been here.

It's a nice meeting, from the look of it. :-) I swear one of the dragons
in one of the pictures looks like Will Wright. That red sweat pants +
white socks + dress shoes combination looks awful. Gosh..., somebody
should told that Mad Dragon about it, because he looked okay above it.

>>> Is it eight years already?
>>> Wow.
>>
>> Old dragon, you! I am still a baby drake.
>
> I have never been much active, but yes, I guess I am.

But you look young in the pics. :-) (*sneaks away*)

Chris Craig

Nov 4, 2003, 12:52:07 AM11/4/03
"bigdinut" wrote:

> Am I mistaken in my assumption that most of you here are from Great Britain?

I remember when Canadians seemed to make up half the active Dragons on
rgcud - Singing, Musashi, Wtcher, Saint George's, Aquamarine,
myself...

Speaking of Musashi, a Perpetual Dream Theory song just came up on
Winamp. I didn't care much for the singer's voice when he first
mentioned them, but the newer stuff sounds quite good. Check it out
here:
http://dreamtheory.net

I guess Mushie isn't with them any more though...

Anyway, I'm from lots of places in SW Ontario, Canada, but I did a 4
year stint down east in Fredericton, NB, Canada. Now I'm back and
pretty much in London (the one on the Thames River, that is).

--
Cape Dweller Dragon

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 12:55:18 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 13kHz, I received Polychromic:

> thehawk wrote:
>
>>Well then, are there any pictures out there anywhere? What about
>>putting them all into one collection?
>
> I don't have any pictures since I haven't gone to any of the meetings.

I haven't either. I say we hold the meeting in San Jose. Because we all
know somebody from San Jose, right? It's seven degree of San Jose.... You
have to have some friend who knows someone who is/was from San Jose.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 12:58:22 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 24kHz, I received Arcana Dragon:
> Polychromic wrote:
<snip>

> How about a World DragonCon in Copenhagen? I'll take it on me to make the
> arrangements.
>
> That'll be equal distance (more or less) for "Oo"strailian and "Eey"-
> merican dragons, and Copenhagen is a super-cool place (a lot like
> Amsterdam)! See for yerselves:
>
> http://www.aok.dk/
> http://www.christiania.org/
> http://www.thm.dk/
> http://www.viking-con.dk/rollespil/

You may be right about its coolness, but a lot of us are quite away from
it.... None of us speaks Dannish either (I can eat quite a few Peach
Dannish, however).

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 12:59:42 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 23kHz, I received Polychromic:
> Arcana Dragon wrote:
>>(Whreky) wrote:
<snip>

>>> And that walk across the ocean... Whew!
>>
>>No problem - use Water Walking and a few Restore Magicka-potions. :-)
>
> I prefer Blink and/or a Balloon.

I believe I can fly.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 1:03:07 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 14kHz, I received Arcana Dragon:

> (Whreky) wrote:
>
>> And that walk across the ocean... Whew!
>
> I'm serious - I'd like to arrange it! Really!
>
> If I get any response, that is. It's surely doable.

Thanks for the invitation, but it's really kind of far. Besides, not all
of us can afford to go there. I'd say somewhere in the continental U.S.A.
would be a better choice for most of us. Thanks for the gesture though.
:-)

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 1:10:04 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 41kHz, I received Claus Dragon:
> While forming in a straight line, Michael Lehmeier wrote:
<snip>

>><eg>
>>Don't use the word "alcoholic" in a topic about beer when talking to
>>bavarians! :)
>
> this might indeed be an issue. beer is one of the basic foodstuffs
> here, after all.

It should belong to the very tip of the food pyramid. :-p

>>No.
>>But see for yourself:
>>http://www.nefkom.net/m_lehmeier/UDIC/home.html
>>It's the old web site from that meeting. I found it mirrored on my
>>harddisk and temporarily put it up again.
>>All pictures can be found under "index".
>>The the meeting was in our second house that stood empty at that time.
>>The city is Nueremberg, which we visited on the second day.
>
> sweet, lots of guys which did look old even at that time :P

Think positively. If they look that old at the time, that means you'll
recognize them now if you see them in person. They can't look too much
older, right? j/k Actually I don't think they look /that/ old. Actually
men do look better with age. I used to look horribly skinny like you. Now
I am just fat. So I guess I didn't do a good job defending my own
argument....

<snip>

>>I have never been much active, but yes, I guess I am.
>
> well, its not only activity that counts, but also the spirit.

(*nods*) You could say that again.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 1:17:06 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 27kHz, I received Polychromic:

>>>So where in the U.S. of A. is Lost Dragon? That makes a good edutainment
>>>title. :-) Guaranteed bestseller among UDIC dragons.
>>
>>Pitch it to Fox- they'll probably make a reality series out of it. :-)
>
> Lost Millionaire?
>
> Find Waldo Lost? Oh wait, that's a book.
>
> Survivor: Hunting Lost Dragon
>
> LostTV
>
> and my favorite on HGTV, This Old Lost with Steve Thomas.

And more... LostFactor, Lost Brother LXIV (who watchs the U.S. version
anyways?), Who Wants to Be A Lost Dragon? (somehow kinky ideas pop out of
that title)

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 2:49:43 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 21kHz, I received Polychromic:

> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:20:31 -0800, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>The major one for me is legume. Too much freedom fries are no good either.
>>Wienerschnitzel's chili cheese fries are bad for me, but I like them....
>
> Aha, they still have Der Wiernerschnitzels out there? I remember them.
> Oh great, now I'm even more hungry.

(*nods*) But they don't have many locations. I only know one near my
place, and one in Fremont.

> Hmmm...how about that - they built one not all that far from me. I'll
> have to go visit it eventually. I wonder why they dropped the "Der"?
> Wankers. I hate companies that try to reinvent themselves and are so
> pathetically stupid to think people will forget.

Well, I think they dropped /the/ "Der" because that would make the name too
German. ;-p (btw..., isn't "the Der" a little... redundant?)

Seriously, it's not an easy name to remember, or many people actually know
how to pronounce it (at least I know it's German and actually pronounce it
with a v sound). It's not a good idea to have a store name that nobody
knows how to refer to. People would just say, let's go have a hot dog in
that red-roof house (and points to the coupon; which makes them look like
an idiot, so they just stop recommending there), which btw, they now
painted the roof yellow....

BTW..., I've been here for more than a decade now, but it has always been
just Wienerschnitzel.... Maybe they dropped the "Der" in the 70's. <GDR>

> Hmmm...time to go get some gas at Esso.

Now, that's a classy name. :-p Esso.... Don't ever force an Asian to
pronounce it, or it would be a public disgrace.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 2:55:37 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 19kHz, I received thehawk:
> Ashikaga says...
<snip>

>> I've always thought my skin would taste like tofu. Anyways, who needs a
>> rabies shot? Not me anyways. (*foam comes out of the mouth*)
>>
> *Laugh* Yea, so, like he said, it will be necessary to kill the awful
> taste.

Well, maybe not to you, but Mapo Tofu is a cherished savory. BTW, didn't
know Savory was the name of a nation in Europe once existed. Must be the
origin of the words. Maybe Claus would know better whether Savorians are
tasty. ;-p

thehawk

Nov 4, 2003, 3:01:52 AM11/4/03
In article <19w9lbdnvfoi5$.cqjh40gn...@40tude.net>,
citiz...@hotmail.com says...

> When I tuned to 21kHz, I received Polychromic:
> > On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:20:31 -0800, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>The major one for me is legume. Too much freedom fries are no good either.
> >>Wienerschnitzel's chili cheese fries are bad for me, but I like them....
> >
> > Aha, they still have Der Wiernerschnitzels out there? I remember them.
> > Oh great, now I'm even more hungry.
>
> (*nods*) But they don't have many locations. I only know one near my
> place, and one in Fremont.

(All that other stuff removed)

Fremont? Are you in the Bay Area then?

thehawk

Nov 4, 2003, 3:05:17 AM11/4/03
In article <1b9wemn4ms74c$.1bmtq1ee...@40tude.net>,
citiz...@hotmail.com says...

> When I tuned to 19kHz, I received thehawk:
> > Ashikaga says...
> <snip>
> >> I've always thought my skin would taste like tofu. Anyways, who needs a
> >> rabies shot? Not me anyways. (*foam comes out of the mouth*)
> >>
> > *Laugh* Yea, so, like he said, it will be necessary to kill the awful
> > taste.
>
> Well, maybe not to you, but Mapo Tofu is a cherished savory. BTW, didn't
> know Savory was the name of a nation in Europe once existed. Must be the
> origin of the words. Maybe Claus would know better whether Savorians are
> tasty. ;-p

The only tofu I have tasted reminded me (unpleasantly) of a piece of wax
fruit that I took a bite out of when I was three.

I know that Savory Salisbury Steak is pretty good. I never knew that
they were made from people who used to live in Savoria tho.

erimess

Nov 4, 2003, 3:35:02 AM11/4/03
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:55:31 GMT, Black Mountain Dragon
<bl...@mountain.dragon> wrote:

>While under a long, dark cloud, erimess managed to convey
>

>>>Born, raised & live in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A.
>>
>> That's where my dad's from.
>>

>My condolences. ;-)

Why, you don't like it down there? Bit hot and humid maybe, but it
was good for a visit. Especially since I was a kid the last time I
was there.

--

Erimess Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

d++e+NT++Om UK!1!2!3!A!L!
U+uCuFuG+++uLB+uA+ nC+nH+nP+nS++nT-xa2
--------
Do infants enjoy infancy as much as
adults enjoy adultery?
--George Carlin Mumblings

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 4:11:55 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 25kHz, I received thehawk:
> Ashikaga says...
<snip>
>> Well, maybe not to you, but Mapo Tofu is a cherished savory. BTW, didn't
>> know Savory was the name of a nation in Europe once existed. Must be the
>> origin of the words. Maybe Claus would know better whether Savorians are
>> tasty. ;-p
>
> The only tofu I have tasted reminded me (unpleasantly) of a piece of wax
> fruit that I took a bite out of when I was three.

Now, that's a story to pass on to your grand children. ;-)

> I know that Savory Salisbury Steak is pretty good. I never knew that
> they were made from people who used to live in Savoria tho.

No..., Salisbury steak is totally American, I believe. I ate the TV dinner
version of it once and I still stay miles away from it now (I hate TV
dinners). I cook great tasting food (people love my spaghetti), so I have
some expectation from the food I eat.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 4:20:55 AM11/4/03
When I tuned to 21kHz, I received thehawk:
<snip>

> Fremont? Are you in the Bay Area then?

There are quite a few Fremonts around, and I am quite surprised you didn't
know I am from /the/ Bay Area. Lots of my personal informations are not
exactly secrets. This is one of them.

Both Poly and I are San Jose-ers. Well, Poly is now a Texan, but I guess
he can be a honorary one, if he wants it (he is not a proud San Jose-er;
most people I know are more like him). San Jose is a nice place, really.
Quiet and have good weather (maybe not today), just the way a boring person
likes it.

Michael Lehmeier

Nov 4, 2003, 4:20:32 AM11/4/03
On 2003-11-04, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When I tuned to 24kHz, I received Arcana Dragon:
>> http://www.aok.dk/
>> http://www.christiania.org/
>> http://www.thm.dk/
>> http://www.viking-con.dk/rollespil/
>
> You may be right about its coolness, but a lot of us are quite away from
> it.... None of us speaks Dannish either (I can eat quite a few Peach
> Dannish, however).

Well, since at our meeting two of us also didn't understand german (only
french and english), most of our conversation was held in english. At
least as long as they were present.

It was a little difficult at first but you really get into it in time.
Besides, if you are all non-native speakers with almost the same accent
it gets even easier! :)

-
Nightshade Dragon

thehawk

Nov 4, 2003, 4:33:23 AM11/4/03
In article <1wz6ix6u414jk.1...@40tude.net>,
citiz...@hotmail.com says...

> When I tuned to 25kHz, I received thehawk:
> > Ashikaga says...
> <snip>
> >> Well, maybe not to you, but Mapo Tofu is a cherished savory. BTW, didn't
> >> know Savory was the name of a nation in Europe once existed. Must be the
> >> origin of the words. Maybe Claus would know better whether Savorians are
> >> tasty. ;-p
> >
> > The only tofu I have tasted reminded me (unpleasantly) of a piece of wax
> > fruit that I took a bite out of when I was three.
>
> Now, that's a story to pass on to your grand children. ;-)

*Laugh* More than likely it will be my brothers' children and grand
children who get to hear my stories, rather than my own.

> > I know that Savory Salisbury Steak is pretty good. I never knew that
> > they were made from people who used to live in Savoria tho.
>
> No..., Salisbury steak is totally American, I believe. I ate the TV dinner
> version of it once and I still stay miles away from it now (I hate TV
> dinners). I cook great tasting food (people love my spaghetti), so I have
> some expectation from the food I eat.

The tv dinner version is still better than Navy food. The real thing is
awesome. I have great expectations from some of the food I eat. The
rest of it I only eat it because I have no other option, but I am glad
that it is not Navy food (I will never again ever be able to handle even
the smell of corn beef 'n cabbage because of how bad it smelled when the
Navy made it).

thehawk

Nov 4, 2003, 4:35:24 AM11/4/03
In article <h4peqvoco4hdhbupn...@4ax.com>, erimess says...

> On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:55:31 GMT, Black Mountain Dragon
> <bl...@mountain.dragon> wrote:
>
> >While under a long, dark cloud, erimess managed to convey

> >> That's where my dad's from.
> >>

> >My condolences. ;-)
>
> Why, you don't like it down there? Bit hot and humid maybe, but it
> was good for a visit. Especially since I was a kid the last time I
> was there.

I remember the first time I flew into Orlando. It was September, and
even so walking down the ramp and around the first corner it was like
walking into a WALL of heat and humidity. It was for boot camp, and
things got worse from there for a while.

thehawk

Nov 4, 2003, 5:06:17 AM11/4/03
In article <miu6v66x1x6v.19f0n5ks35soi$.d...@40tude.net>,
citiz...@hotmail.com says...

> When I tuned to 21kHz, I received thehawk:
> <snip>
> > Fremont? Are you in the Bay Area then?
>
> There are quite a few Fremonts around, and I am quite surprised you didn't

The Bay Area Fremont is the only one I am familiar with, since I used to
live down there. It was a stop on the BART line, and I can still hear
the voice announcing that as the next stop.

> know I am from /the/ Bay Area. Lots of my personal informations are not
> exactly secrets. This is one of them.

Just because they are not secrets does not mean that everyone knows
them. Most of the time, I have to actually have a face to face
conversation with someone before details like that start to stick.

> Both Poly and I are San Jose-ers. Well, Poly is now a Texan, but I guess
> he can be a honorary one, if he wants it (he is not a proud San Jose-er;
> most people I know are more like him). San Jose is a nice place, really.
> Quiet and have good weather (maybe not today), just the way a boring person
> likes it.

It is not too bad down there. I am not all that fond of "city living",
but I actually enjoyed the time I spent living in the Bay Area. Their
mass transportation system is one of the better ones I have been exposed
to, and think a lot of areas (Portland OR and Seattle WA both come to
mind) could use that as an example. There are also lots of things to
see and do, and lots of beautiful women.

Lost Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 5:54:54 AM11/4/03
>>>No problem - use Water Walking and a few Restore Magicka-potions. :-)
>> I prefer Blink and/or a Balloon.
>I believe I can fly.

And I really can

-

/| .oo__. .-----. Lost Dragon
| \| ,-'' | _|_ | http://www.lostdragon.com/
`,_/,(_)\_ | | | "They're still running with shields down."
_.,-=(_)_)_ ''`-----' "Of course. We're all one happy fleet." - Khan

Claus Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 6:12:50 AM11/4/03
wrote:

>Aha, they still have Der Wiernershnitzels out there? I remember them.

>Oh great, now I'm even more hungry.

the spelling is wienerschnitzel, to be exact.

and they are really great. looking forward to getting some of those
again when i have the time.

--
Claus Dragon <clau...@mpsahotmail.com>
=(UDIC)=
d++ e++ T--
K1!2!3!456!7!S a24

Claus Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 6:14:07 AM11/4/03
wrote:

>Well, I think they dropped /the/ "Der" because that would make the name too
>German. ;-p (btw..., isn't "the Der" a little... redundant?)

its about the same as the el dorado :P

>Seriously, it's not an easy name to remember, or many people actually know
>how to pronounce it (at least I know it's German and actually pronounce it
>with a v sound).

but its pronounced like a 'w' in front :P

Claus Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 6:15:54 AM11/4/03
While forming in a straight line, thehawk
<thehaw...@hotmaildot.com> wrote:

>Just because they are not secrets does not mean that everyone knows
>them. Most of the time, I have to actually have a face to face
>conversation with someone before details like that start to stick.

are you now saying that you dont pay attention to everything that is
being posted here?!

Claus Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 6:17:07 AM11/4/03
wrote:

>What's wrong? Please be more specific.

easy ... your sentence of bavarian culture was simply wrong :P

Claus Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 6:18:29 AM11/4/03
wrote:

>Huh.... Though I am confused at this point, don't know what prompted Claus
>to smoke a cigarette, but cigar smoking can't be good. Besides, if you
>were in SF, you would never want to say that. I believe the Cuba city is
>called Havanna or Havana, but not Hanvana.... Just a pedant thingy.

go the thread back up two posts. perhaps then you will spot the point
of reference.

Claus Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 6:22:54 AM11/4/03
wrote:

>It was a little difficult at first but you really get into it in time.
>Besides, if you are all non-native speakers with almost the same accent
>it gets even easier! :)

yep, same on mudmeetings ...

Claus Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 6:28:09 AM11/4/03
wrote:

>Think positively. If they look that old at the time, that means you'll
>recognize them now if you see them in person. They can't look too much
>older, right? j/k Actually I don't think they look /that/ old. Actually
>men do look better with age. I used to look horribly skinny like you. Now
>I am just fat. So I guess I didn't do a good job defending my own
>argument....

are you implying that i look horrible due to my lack of fat?
and btw, yes, you have disrupted your own argument.

Arcana Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 9:32:02 AM11/4/03

> Cuba city is called Havanna or Havana, but not Hanvana.... Just a
> pedant thingy.

Must have been a programming error in my keyboard driver. :-))))

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm

Arcana Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 9:36:36 AM11/4/03
thehawk <thehaw...@hotmaildot.com> wrote in

> The only tofu I have tasted reminded me (unpleasantly) of a piece of
> wax fruit that I took a bite out of when I was three.

Tofu can be nice, though. Recipe:

200 g. tofu - NOT the soft kind
Cut in cubes of appr. 2*2*2 cm and marinate for an hour or two in a
mixture of soy sauce, finely chopped or grated ginger to taste and a bit
of sesame oil to give that nutty flavour.
Use for wok-frying with fresh veggies of your choiche.

Serve with basmati rice or chinese egg noodles.

Arcana Dragon

Nov 4, 2003, 9:39:03 AM11/4/03

> You may be right about its coolness, but a lot of us are quite away
> from it.... None of us speaks Dannish either (I can eat quite a few
> Peach Dannish, however).

Most danes speak english. I've got a scottish friend who's been here for at
least 25 years - he never learnt danish, and probably never needed it
either (the lazy bastard!).

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 2:29:28 PM11/4/03
When I tuned to 35kHz, I received Polychromic:
> Ashikaga wrote:

<snip>

>>(btw..., isn't "the Der" a little... redundant?)
>
> Not, if the Der is the subject of the sentence.

I suppose....

>>Seriously, it's not an easy name to remember, or many people actually know
>>how to pronounce it
>

> Well, if you were an idiot or hadn't seen one of their adverts on TV
> you might have an excuse for that level of stupidity. I'd say it's
> being German and funny sounding to us would make it more memorable at
> least to pronounce, if not to spell.
>
> But of course the 99.999% idiots rule covers this too.

Because they don't make commercials anymore.... They only give coupon once
in a blue moon in seems.

BTW, watch too much TV actually would tell you something about the general
population.... Reality TV? Ugh!

>>BTW..., I've been here for more than a decade now, but it has always been
>>just Wienerschnitzel.... Maybe they dropped the "Der" in the 70's. <GDR>
>

> I guess so. Why are you running away?

Because I don't want to be beaten up.

>>> Hmmm...time to go get some gas at Esso.
>>
>>Now, that's a classy name. :-p Esso.... Don't ever force an Asian to
>>pronounce it, or it would be a public disgrace.
>

> As opposed to asking an Asian to pronounce any other word?? ;P

Well, why aren't you go fill you gas up, at <Asian
pronounciation>Esso!</Asian pronounciation> :-p

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 2:33:43 PM11/4/03
When I tuned to 22kHz, I received Polychromic:

> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:55:37 -0800, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Well, maybe not to you, but Mapo Tofu is a cherished savory.
>
> I don't think even Homer would consider eating ascomycetes on purpose.
> That's the sort of thing that happens when you go mad with hunger and
> are stumbling around in the dark. That's like letting good grape
> juice go bad and calling it "wine" or letting good milk go bad and
> calling it "cheese". When will you freaking neanderthals come to
> realize that I invented the refrigerator so we didn't have to eat food
> that had gone bad all the while pretending it tastes good. Geez, it's
> the freaking 21st century not 200 bc.

:-p I didn't know you invented refrigerator in addition to Usenet.

> Hmmm...that reminds me - I need to feed my pet slime mold. Where are
> those puppies?

I gave them to my Cantonese cousin-in-law. q-:

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 2:36:55 PM11/4/03
When I tuned to 21kHz, I received Michael Lehmeier:
<snip>

> Well, since at our meeting two of us also didn't understand german (only
> french and english), most of our conversation was held in english. At
> least as long as they were present.
>
> It was a little difficult at first but you really get into it in time.
> Besides, if you are all non-native speakers with almost the same accent
> it gets even easier! :)

I suppose. A similarly bad English that is currently plague the Bay Area.
Except sometimes even I have a hard time understanding what they are
talking about. That, I swear, is not English.

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 2:59:37 PM11/4/03
When I tuned to 14kHz, I received Claus Dragon:

> While forming in a straight line, thehawk wrote:
>
>>Just because they are not secrets does not mean that everyone knows
>>them. Most of the time, I have to actually have a face to face
>>conversation with someone before details like that start to stick.
>
> are you now saying that you dont pay attention to everything that is
> being posted here?!

It just means he doesn't consider us as centers of the universe while he
was talking to us. How dare! Either that, or he is just too old to
remember anything. :-p q-:

Ashikaga

Nov 4, 2003, 3:03:46 PM11/4/03
When I tuned to 18kHz, I received Claus Dragon:

> While forming in a straight line, Ashikaga <citiz...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Well, I think they dropped /the/ "Der" because that would make the name too
>>German. ;-p (btw..., isn't "the Der" a little... redundant?)
>
> its about the same as the el dorado :P

But then, that is Spanish.... Those Spaniards.... Hey..., we don't have
Spanish Dragons here, right?

>>Seriously, it's not an easy name to remember, or many people actually know
>>how to pronounce it (at least I know it's German and actually pronounce it
>>with a v sound).
>
> but its pronounced like a 'w' in front :P

Huh? So Volkswagon is /volks vagon/, but when you say wagon alone, it's
/wagon/? How dare you to have der wiener to only tell me about that now.
;-p

It is loading more messages.