The rec.games.computer.ultima.* Frequently Asked Questions List (FAQ) Part 09 of 09

Fortran Dragon

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98

Archive-name: games/ultima/part09
Posting-Frequency: Biweekly
Last-modified: October 28, 1998
Version: 2.00

The rec.games.computer.ultima.* Frequently Asked Questions List (FAQ)
Part 09 of 09

This FAQ was orginally conceived, and written by Andrew Charlton
aka Erratic Dragon, aka Erraticus (char...@ihug.co.nz). The original
FAQ may be found at http://home.earthlink.net/~fortran/faq/erratic.html.

This FAQ is currently being maintained by Fortran Dragon
(for...@earthlink.net) and may be found at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~fortran/faq/rgcudfaq.html.

Unless otherwise stated, the use of "I" and "me" refers to the FAQ
maintainer. The exception to this is the questions which are written by
the archetypal newbie.

9) Acknowledgments

Thanks to the writers of all the other FAQs and pages, and software
that this one references, and all the contributors of the Ultima
newsgroups who have answered some of these questions numerous times
without complaint.

Comments, and suggestions are welcome. Feel free to email me at
for...@earthlink.net.

Copyright (c) 1998 Edward Franks. All rights reserved.

Portions Copyright 1996, 1997 Andrew Charlton. All rights reserved.

Refer to Part 00 for the full copyright notice.

Fortran Dragon -==(UDIC)==- | "There isn't enough darkness in the world
-=[MT]=- | to quench the light of one small candle."
Hidalgo Trading Company: http://home.earthlink.net/~fortran/index.html
rgcud FAQ: http://home.earthlink.net/~fortran/faq/rgcudfaq.html

Fortran Dragon

Nov 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/2/98
From the Void comes Obtuse Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
> Ahem,
> uh have a bad case of the hiccups?

No. :)

But I did decided that I would rather see the whole FAQ make it or
not at all instead of having it possibly make it there in parts.

Obtuse Dragon

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98

Fortran Dragon wrote in message ...

>From the Void comes Obtuse Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
>> Ahem,
>> uh have a bad case of the hiccups?
>
> No. :)
>
> But I did decided that I would rather see the whole FAQ make it or
>not at all instead of having it possibly make it there in parts.

Oops, didn't look under the url.
Shame on me.
Just go ahead and splut me and get it over with...

Obtuse Dragon yar...@kellnet.com
-==(UDIC)==-
-if dragons have scales, does that mean they weigh a lot?

Fortran Dragon

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
From the Void comes Obtuse Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]

> Oops, didn't look under the url.
> Shame on me.

Bad Dragon. :)

> Just go ahead and splut me and get it over with...

I don't splut, I drop floating horses. Just ask Samurai...

Obtuse Dragon

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98

Fortran Dragon wrote in message ...
>From the Void comes Obtuse Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
>[Snip]
>> Oops, didn't look under the url.
>> Shame on me.
>
> Bad Dragon. :)
>
>> Just go ahead and splut me and get it over with...
>
> I don't splut, I drop floating horses. Just ask Samurai...

Yikes !

Obtuse Dragon yar...@kellnet.com
-==(UDIC)==-
-if dragons have scales, does that mean they weigh a lot?

Mils

Nov 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/14/98
>From the Void comes Obtuse Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
>> Ahem,
>> uh have a bad case of the hiccups?
>
> No. :)
>
> But I did decided that I would rather see the whole FAQ make it or
>not at all instead of having it possibly make it there in parts.

And why did you post the FAQ ? Timmycool ?
\||/ Moa Dragon =<UDIC>=
| @___oo Mils Michael
/\ /\ / (__,,,,| mi...@club-internet.fr ; ICQ: 11938373
) /^\) ^\/ _) http://perso.club-internet.fr/mils/main.html
"Vous allez finir par vous aimer les uns les autres, bordel de merde?"
(Jesus II : Le retour, bientot dans vos églises.)

Samurai

Nov 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/14/98
Quoth "Obtuse Dragon" <o...@there.net>:

>Fortran Dragon wrote in message ...
>>From the Void comes Obtuse Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[munch]

>>> Just go ahead and splut me and get it over with...
>>
>> I don't splut, I drop floating horses. Just ask Samurai...

It's true. The sound is more reminiscent of a *THUD!* than a
*SPLUT!*, but at least we still get a comedy onomatopoeia out of it.
;)

>Yikes !

There is much to fear from the Floating Horse ...
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon ~~ UDIC Code ~~
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e N T--Om+U146MA7'L8u-uC++
\ `^--^ Founder \/ of SAPS uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (Remove fish to reply) nI++nPT+nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a22
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Fortran Dragon

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
From the Void comes Samurai bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]

> There is much to fear from the Floating Horse ...

Especially if it has weak kidneys...

Fortran Dragon

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
From the Void comes Mils bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]

> And why did you post the FAQ ? Timmycool ?

Because it was needed and Erratic was willing to hand of the
maintenance of the FAQ to me.

Samurai

Nov 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/17/98
Quoth for...@earthlink.net (Fortran Dragon):
>From the Void comes Samurai bearing this piece of Light...

>> There is much to fear from the Floating Horse ...
>
>Especially if it has weak kidneys...

*puts up Wile E. Coyote-style umbrella*

Fortran Dragon

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
From the Void comes Samurai bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]

> *puts up Wile E. Coyote-style umbrella*

Singing in the rain? :)

Samurai

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Quoth for...@earthlink.net (Fortran Dragon):

>From the Void comes Samurai bearing this piece of Light...

>> *puts up Wile E. Coyote-style umbrella*

>Singing in the rain? :)

Ewww. No, I was worried more about the horse itself plummeting. I'd
imagine those brollies Wile E. uses aren't a lot of good against
falling liquids, no matter what their composition.

OTOH, they're not much good against falling solid objects, either.

*looks up fear-filly* ;)

Fortran Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
From the Void comes Samurai bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]

> Ewww. No, I was worried more about the horse itself plummeting. I'd
> imagine those brollies Wile E. uses aren't a lot of good against
> falling liquids, no matter what their composition.
>
> OTOH, they're not much good against falling solid objects, either.

Or semi-solids....

> *looks up fear-filly* ;)

So, what other animals do you look up? ;)