Scenes From A Street Corner ...

Fortran Dragon

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98
[This followup was posted to rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

From the Void comes Frenetic Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> [He swings the doors to the Drunken Calf aside, and tromps into the
> building.]

As Frenetic enjoys the delights of the Drunken Calf he notices a
letter that has been placed on his table. Breaking the seal (a candle),
he finds a letter and a coin inside.

Examining the coin he sees that it has the Codex on one side and a
candle on the other. Turning to the letter he reads, "Follow the light.
You are needed".

Blinking his eyes a few times at this odd letter he starts a bit
when the letter crumbles to dust after seconds. The dust tickles his
nose causing him to sneeze all of the dust away.

"What light am I supposed to follow? I wish these mysterious
messages weren't so darned mysterious!", he mutters under his breath.

In his hand the tip of the candle on the coin glows faintly.
Looking closer Frenetic watches as the candle's image turns on the coin
and points out the door.

"Oh."

--

Fortran Dragon -==(UDIC)==- | "There isn't enough darkness in the world
-=[MT]=- | to quench the light of one small candle."

Fortran Dragon

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> Fool, I was already dead.

Oh goody. :)

<thwack!>

Another little dragon...

Nuitari Dragon

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
Fortran Dragon wrote:

If I'm already dead, how can you kill me? Owait, that was one of my many
clones that you killed.

--
Nuitari Dragon -=<UDIC>=-
--==<UnSplut>==--

Fortran Dragon

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> If I'm already dead, how can you kill me? Owait, that was one of my many
> clones that you killed.

Yet each clone is a path back to the master, so to speak, as all
of you share the same code of life in your very essence. Namers do have
certain abilities... ;)

Perhaps too, a <thwack!> is not Death's true calling card of
oblivion...

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
Fortran Dragon wrote:

Maybe the same genetic code, but not the same experiences. In a sense, we are
like identical twins. Not the same person.

Fortran Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> Maybe the same genetic code, but not the same experiences. In a sense, we are
> like identical twins. Not the same person.

Quite true, still one clone can lead back to the original...

Fortran Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
From the Void comes Destrius bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> Teaching pointers and indirection today? :)

Double indirection, anyone?

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
Fortran Dragon wrote:

> From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
> [Snip]

> > Maybe the same genetic code, but not the same experiences. In a sense, we are
> > like identical twins. Not the same person.
>
> Quite true, still one clone can lead back to the original...
>

> --
>
> Fortran Dragon -==(UDIC)==- | "There isn't enough darkness in the world
> -=[MT]=- | to quench the light of one small candle."
> Hidalgo Trading Company: <http://home.earthlink.net/~fortran/index.html>
> rgcud FAQ: <http://home.earthlink.net/~fortran/faq/rgcudfaq.html>

What, a little backlash magic? I'm immune to any magic you poor mortals can throw
at me. ;>

Fortran Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> What, a little backlash magic? I'm immune to any magic you poor mortals can throw
> at me. ;>

Perhaps, but that would be only on your own plane. Whenever you
or any part of you is here you're vulnerable. :) (That's why, in AD&D
terms deities don't make too many appearances on the Prime Material
Plane.)

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
Fortran Dragon wrote:

Yeah, but I got so many HP its almost impossible to kill me. And I can't die on your
plane, I get shoved back to mine. Only place to kill me is on my plane. ^_^

Fortran Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> Yeah, but I got so many HP its almost impossible to kill me.

On your home plane, yes. That isn't true everywhere, or are you
saying you have more hit points than anyone in the Deities and Demigods
handbook? :)

> And I can't die on your
> plane, I get shoved back to mine. Only place to kill me is on my plane. ^_^

Quite true, but remember being vulnerable doesn't necessarily mean
you have to able to die. It can mean that you could be trapped...

Oh, by the way, everything can be killed on the Prime Material
Plane. Even godlets.

Fortran Dragon

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
From the Void comes HelgrazB bearing this piece of Light...
> Oh look mummy - the children are playing the immortality game again.
>
> *holds his head* For people who are supposed to be so intelligent, I'm
> surprised you allow yourselves to get caught up in this.
>
> *grumble* And now I suppose someone will flame me for commenting . . . hmm,
> perhaps something to the effect of "Well, now you're involved too, so?"
>
> *shrug* So mote it be. Let the splutting commence.
>
> :: slaps both participants other than himself with completely unavoidable in
> any way creme pies ::
> SPLUT SPLUT

SPLAT!

Helgraf suddenly finds himself smashed flat by a floating horse.
While not fatal, it is amusing.

Well, that's one horse taken care of. ;)

Destrius

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
...and it was written on the heavens that on Tue, 01 Dec 1998 14:43:39 -0500,
the entity named Nuitari Dragon (klk...@ecs.syr.edu)
inscribed the following words in rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:

-clip-

>What, a little backlash magic? I'm immune to any magic you poor mortals
>can throw at me. ;>

-clip-

It that a challenge, my dear Nuitari? *VEG*

--
+-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+
| Destrius Dragon | -=*[UnSPLUT!]*=- |

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Fortran Dragon wrote:

> From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
> [Snip]
> > Yeah, but I got so many HP its almost impossible to kill me.
>
> On your home plane, yes. That isn't true everywhere, or are you
> saying you have more hit points than anyone in the Deities and Demigods
> handbook? :)
>
> > And I can't die on your
> > plane, I get shoved back to mine. Only place to kill me is on my plane. ^_^
>
> Quite true, but remember being vulnerable doesn't necessarily mean
> you have to able to die. It can mean that you could be trapped...
>
> Oh, by the way, everything can be killed on the Prime Material
> Plane. Even godlets.
>

> --
>
> Fortran Dragon -==(UDIC)==- | "There isn't enough darkness in the world
> -=[MT]=- | to quench the light of one small candle."
> Hidalgo Trading Company: <http://home.earthlink.net/~fortran/index.html>
> rgcud FAQ: <http://home.earthlink.net/~fortran/faq/rgcudfaq.html>

That's why I send forth all my little clones to do things for me on your plane.
;> Its such a pain having mortals running after me, trying to kill me. You'd
think they have nothing else better to do. ^_^

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Destrius wrote:

Can't we all just get along? ;>

Fortran Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> That's why I send forth all my little clones to do things for me on your plane.
> ;> Its such a pain having mortals running after me, trying to kill me. You'd
> think they have nothing else better to do. ^_^

Yet your clones are of your very essence and that essence can be
used to draw you forth from your plane.

On the other claw, destroying your clones does diminish you.

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Fortran Dragon wrote:

Hmm... when Sephiroth killed his clones it did not do anything to him. Or Jenova, for
that matter. I am already dead, so why do you humans insist on killing me?

Fortran Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
[Snip]
> Hmm... when Sephiroth killed his clones it did not do anything to him. Or Jenova, for
> that matter. I am already dead, so why do you humans insist on killing me?

Who says I'm:
A) human, and
B) trying to kill you?

Anyway, Sephiroth (can't think of who Jenova was) wasn't living
under the same conditions as a AD&D god. Different rules, different
results.

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Fortran Dragon wrote:

You're trying to kill me because EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET ME! Aaaahhh!

I'm better now. ^_^

Lumina Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98

Nuitari Dragon wrote:

> Fortran Dragon wrote:
>
> > Perhaps too, a <thwack!> is not Death's true calling card of
> > oblivion...
>

> Maybe the same genetic code, but not the same experiences. In a sense, we are
> like identical twins. Not the same person.

Besides, Ob's been away from the Weyrmount for a week now and hasn't left any
calling cards.

<ducks and runs...... then changes his mind and teleports far far away>

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98

Fortran Dragon wrote:

> From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
> [Snip]

> > Yeah, but I got so many HP its almost impossible to kill me.
>
> On your home plane, yes. That isn't true everywhere, or are you
> saying you have more hit points than anyone in the Deities and Demigods
> handbook? :)
>
> > And I can't die on your
> > plane, I get shoved back to mine. Only place to kill me is on my plane. ^_^
>
> Quite true, but remember being vulnerable doesn't necessarily mean
> you have to able to die. It can mean that you could be trapped...
>
> Oh, by the way, everything can be killed on the Prime Material
> Plane. Even godlets.

<Lumina Dragon pulls out the Definitive Book of Deities, and proceeds to quote on
Godly slayings:>

Fact: A god can only be killed in a permanent fashion on its home plane.
Fact: When a god is killed on another plane, it is banished from that plane for a
temporary period of time for recuperation (not sure if confined only to home
plane or merely banished from that one plane tho). The duration is inversely
proportional to the god's Power.
Fact: Killing a god's form on a plane other than its own has no side effects on
the god's self aside from thye aforementioned banishment.
Custom: The reason gods stay away from Prime worlds is a matter of
noninterference (ala Star Trek Prime Directive). This custom is stronger on some
worlds than on others, varying from the status of Law on Mystara to a
rarely-followed custom on Toril.

Conclusion: Defeat and death of Nuitari's clone aspect is nonfatal to Nuitari's
self, and the clone can be recreated upon completion of recuperation duration.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98

Fortran Dragon wrote:

> From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
> [Snip]

> > That's why I send forth all my little clones to do things for me on your plane.
> > ;> Its such a pain having mortals running after me, trying to kill me. You'd
> > think they have nothing else better to do. ^_^
>
> Yet your clones are of your very essence and that essence can be
> used to draw you forth from your plane.
>
> On the other claw, destroying your clones does diminish you.

Again, no it doesn't. As stated in my other post, it only bars the gods presence for
a time. The only true way to diminish a god's power is by diminishing the god's
worshippers. In Farun, for example, this relation is VERY strong, and a god can fade
to a near-death state if deprived of all followers; unable to do anything at all
until it gains new followers.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98

Nuitari Dragon wrote:

> Fortran Dragon wrote:
>
> > Yet your clones are of your very essence and that essence can be
> > used to draw you forth from your plane.
> >
> > On the other claw, destroying your clones does diminish you.
>

> Hmm... when Sephiroth killed his clones it did not do anything to him. Or Jenova, for
> that matter. I am already dead, so why do you humans insist on killing me?

AFAIK, the Seph Clones were part of the Jenova Reunion, where those with the cells of
Jenova were pulled together; very possibly, their deaths increased Jenova because of that
attraction. No proof, but it soundls like a good theory.

-Lumina Dragon

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
Lumina Dragon wrote:

> Nuitari Dragon wrote:
>
> > Fortran Dragon wrote:
> >

> > > Perhaps too, a <thwack!> is not Death's true calling card of
> > > oblivion...
> >
> > Maybe the same genetic code, but not the same experiences. In a sense, we are
> > like identical twins. Not the same person.
>
> Besides, Ob's been away from the Weyrmount for a week now and hasn't left any
> calling cards.
>
> <ducks and runs...... then changes his mind and teleports far far away>
>
> -Lumina Dragon

<peers at Lumina>
Why is everyone running away? I won't hurt you, little dwagon. Heh heh heh.

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
Lumina Dragon wrote:

> Fortran Dragon wrote:
>
> > From the Void comes Nuitari Dragon bearing this piece of Light...
> > [Snip]

Yay! Someone's standing up for me! Thankthee for clearing that up. ;>

Destrius

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
...and it was written on the heavens that on Wed, 02 Dec 1998 09:45:32 -0500,
the entity named Nuitari Dragon (klk...@ecs.syr.edu)
inscribed the following words in rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:

-clip-

>Can't we all just get along? ;>

-clip-

Finally realised my superior powers, eh?

Nuitari Dragon

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
Destrius wrote:

What powers, boy? ;>