Lost Vale in U9?

Xe Dragon

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
Hey ho.

Here's a suggestion for Origin: why not work the lost "Lost Vale" add-on
for Pagan into U9 somehow? Perhaps a side quest, or maybe even a
"prequel" add-on pack? Hey, I'd even settle for a conversation
reference, or even an in-game book reference.

Many feel that the Avatar was less than virtuous in Pagan, and while
this might make a good background for a redemption theme in Ascension,
it still doesn't feel quite right.

If the Avatar was to have accomplished at least partial redemption in
the Lost Vale add-on, it would be an interesting story. Plus, it would
add a satisfying sense of completion to the pre-Ascension timeline.

What do you think?

--

Xe Dragon

"Civilization is the encouragement of differences." - M. Gandhi

Great Ultima maps at the High-Resolution Ultima Map Project at:
http://www.xe.net/xedragon/hrump/

Aidan Howe

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98

I seriously thing origin should consider releasing the lost vale for U8, I
cant count the amuont of stuff I stole, Killed and cheated in U8 compared to
U7. So restriking the balance would be cool. I dont think it should be a
patr of UA though. It's just a missing part of Ultima history and a hole in
every Ultima fans soul.

Zander Dragon

-==(UDIC)==-

AcK!

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 10:26:48 -0500 was when a million monkeys took over Xe Dragon

<xedragon...@xe.net>'s computer and wrote:

>Here's a suggestion for Origin: why not work the lost "Lost Vale" add-on
>for Pagan into U9 somehow? Perhaps a side quest, or maybe even a
>"prequel" add-on pack? Hey, I'd even settle for a conversation
>reference, or even an in-game book reference.
>
>Many feel that the Avatar was less than virtuous in Pagan, and while
>this might make a good background for a redemption theme in Ascension,
>it still doesn't feel quite right.
>
>If the Avatar was to have accomplished at least partial redemption in
>the Lost Vale add-on, it would be an interesting story. Plus, it would
>add a satisfying sense of completion to the pre-Ascension timeline.
>
>What do you think?

I think it's a great idea. The Origin people (LB, Lady MOI) have acknowlegded the
requests. Maybe if we keep bugging them they'll give in... :)

TTYL

... Lightning bolts are hazardous to your health!
krup...@yahoospa.com
remove "spa" to email

Robert S. Gregg

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
Aidan Howe wrote in message <71qovi$lbt$1...@newsreader2.core.theplanet.net>...

They can't release it, because it doesn't exist. Origin had *barely* begun
working on Lost Vale (as in, only a couple of weeks) when it was cancelled.
Thus, you're asking them to begin writing an extension to U8 *from scratch*,
over four years after its release, when it would obviously have little
possibility of selling any copies at all. After all, only current owners of
U8 (a *four year* old game) could even install it. You might as well ask them
to make Ultima 10 about the Lost Vale; after all, that would have more
potential to sell than a U8 expansion would! And I for one would hope they'd
have something (much!) more original in mind after Ascension, as I'm sure they
already do.

Bob Gregg aka Underworld Dragon
The Notable Ultima: www.scott.net/~rgregg/ultima/

Lumina Dragon

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98

Aidan Howe wrote:

> I seriously thing origin should consider releasing the lost vale for U8, I
> cant count the amuont of stuff I stole, Killed and cheated in U8 compared to
> U7. So restriking the balance would be cool. I dont think it should be a
> patr of UA though. It's just a missing part of Ultima history and a hole in
> every Ultima fans soul.

Indeed. THe should remake it, but for the U8 as it was intended. They even have
a place to hook it to, from what you people post.

-Lumina Dragon

Dantec

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
Xe Dragon wrote:

> Hey ho.

> Here's a suggestion for Origin: why not work the lost "Lost Vale"
> add-on
> for Pagan into U9 somehow? Perhaps a side quest, or maybe even a
> "prequel" add-on pack?

AHHHHHHHH!!DONT SAY THAT WORD! I BEG YOU!!!-Dantec Dragon
-===========================(UDIC)================================-
On second thoughts... lets not go to Camelot, tis a silly place
d++++ e N+ T+ Om++++ U1234567'S'8!K!A!LW!M
u++ uC++ uF uG-- uLB++++ uA++ nC+ nR nH+ nP++ nI+ nPT nS++ nT
wM wC- wS wI-- wN+ o oA+++
++ 15
The Tome Of The Avatar
http://denmarkwa.net.au/~dantec/build.html

Destrius

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
...and it was written on the heavens that on Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:14:42 -0500,
the entity named Lumina Dragon (kewh...@indiana.edu)
inscribed the following words in rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:

-clip-

>Indeed. THe should remake it, but for the U8 as it was intended. They even
>have a place to hook it to, from what you people post.

-clip-

Is there some way for them to release the U8 specs so somebody could try to
build their own expansion?

Copyright issues would be a problem, tho.

--
+------------------------------------------+-------------------------+
| Destrius Dragon | |

Ranger Fox

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
Robert S. Gregg wrote in message ...
> [SNIP] . . . You might as well ask them

>to make Ultima 10 about the Lost Vale; after all, that would have more
>potential to sell than a U8 expansion would! And I for one would hope
they'd
>have something (much!) more original in mind after Ascension, as I'm sure
they
>already do.

I thought I read somewhere a while ago, maybe as just a desire or as hearsay,
that U:A was to be the last of the Ultima line; that Origin and/or RG was
tired
of Ultima and just want to move on to something else. Does anyone know
for sure?

- Ranger Fox

gr...@aux.com

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
In rec.games.computer.ultima.series Ranger Fox <bso...@h-s-c.u-s-c.edu> wrote:

: I thought I read somewhere a while ago, maybe as just a desire or as hearsay,

: that U:A was to be the last of the Ultima line; that Origin and/or RG was
: tired of Ultima and just want to move on to something else. Does anyone know
: for sure?

It's the last Ultima to feature the Avatar as the main
character.

Lumina Dragon

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98

Destrius wrote:

> Is there some way for them to release the U8 specs so somebody could try to
> build their own expansion?
>
> Copyright issues would be a problem, tho.

Why? Someone used an editor and made a U7BG add-on. Forget who, but the addon is
called Kataba Aja.

-Lumina Dragon

Wolf

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
I heard that it isn't the end of the series, just the Avatar. Supposedly you
no longer get to be the Avatar in Ultima's after this one. He's just some
NPC in the game if they build another one.

Wolf
--
"If they didn't want me to rob it, they'd have put a dragon in front of it"

Ranger Fox wrote in message <71skr4$8e7$1...@usc.edu>...

>Robert S. Gregg wrote in message ...
>> [SNIP] . . . You might as well ask them
>>to make Ultima 10 about the Lost Vale; after all, that would have more
>>potential to sell than a U8 expansion would! And I for one would hope
>they'd
>>have something (much!) more original in mind after Ascension, as I'm sure
>they
>>already do.
>

>I thought I read somewhere a while ago, maybe as just a desire or as
hearsay,
>that U:A was to be the last of the Ultima line; that Origin and/or RG was
>tired
>of Ultima and just want to move on to something else. Does anyone know
>for sure?
>

>- Ranger Fox

Ibn al-Hazardous Dragon

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
In the hall of rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons the entity commonly
known as AcK! on Wed, 04 Nov 1998 23:46:47 GMT uttered the following
message:

}... Lightning bolts are hazardous to your health!

And so is Ibn! ;)
-- F
Ibn al-Hazardous Dragon /\
-==(UDIC)==- F / \ F
-==(the UnSPLUTables)==- /\ /____\ /\
Wouldst thou reply, /__\/|\__/|\/__\
Eatest the pie! / || || \
_____________________________/______||__||______\___
d++++ e- N++ T+++ Om- U46!7A!W! u uC++ uF- uG-- uLB-
uA++ nC++ nR nH nP nI++ nPT+ nS+++ nT+ wM---- y a25

Destrius

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
...and it was written on the heavens that on Thu, 05 Nov 1998 20:56:07 -0500,
the entity named Lumina Dragon (kewh...@indiana.edu)
inscribed the following words in rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:

-clip-

>Why? Someone used an editor and made a U7BG add-on. Forget who, but the
>addon is called Kataba Aja.

-clip-

Well, Origin may have something against explicitly allowing people to use
their copyrighted material in a game, even if its an addon.

Phillip S Zibilich

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98

This add-on has been around for quite some time without Origin calling
down the wrath of the Guardian on the author...
--
--------------------------------------
Darkling Dragon --==(UDIC)==-- --==(unSPLUT)==--

Destrius

Nov 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/8/98
...and it was written on the heavens that on 6 Nov 1998 19:18:36 GMT,
the entity named Phillip S Zibilich (ps...@gnofn.org)
inscribed the following words in rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:

-clip-

>This add-on has been around for quite some time without Origin calling
>down the wrath of the Guardian on the author...

-clip-

But for Origin to actually encourage people to create their own add-ons
would be a different matter...

-clip-

> Plingiest Dragon on Weyrmount 2

-clip-

Errr... ? :)

Phillip S Zibilich

Nov 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/8/98
Destrius <u...@the.sig.addy> wrote:
> ...and it was written on the heavens that on 6 Nov 1998 19:18:36 GMT,
> the entity named Phillip S Zibilich (ps...@gnofn.org)
> inscribed the following words in rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:

> -clip-
> >This add-on has been around for quite some time without Origin calling
> >down the wrath of the Guardian on the author...
> -clip-

> But for Origin to actually encourage people to create their own add-ons
> would be a different matter...

True, but if they don't respond in a way that tells the author to stop, I
don't see a problem with making more add-ons.

> -clip-
> > Plingiest Dragon on Weyrmount 2
> -clip-

> Errr... ? :)

> --
> +------------------------------------------+-------------------------+
> | Destrius Dragon | |
> | Official Mad Mage | "Am I dreaming of the |
> | -=*[~UDIC~]*=- -=*[UnSPLUT!]*=- | butterfly, or is the |
> | http://destrius.simplenet.com/email.html | butterfly dreaming |
> | Follow instructions to email me... | of me...?" |
> | Website: | |
> | http://destrius.simplenet.com | . o O (...) |
> +------------------------------------------+-------------------------+
> UDIC: d+++ e+ N++ T-- Om+ U1234567!8!AWS'! u++ uC++++ uF-
> uG++++ uLB+ uA+++ nC+ nR nH+ nP++ nI++ nPT++++
> nS++++ nT-- wM wC+ wS wI+ wN+ o- y a16
> ---| 庄心宇 |--Bait:--| ro...@127.0.0.1 |--| postm...@127.0.0.1 |--

egrin

--
--------------------------------------
Darkling Dragon --==(UDIC)==-- --==(unSPLUT)==--
Phillip Zibilich \/ Ultima Dragon and
ps...@gnofn.org Emulation enthusiast

Plingiest Dragon and 4-1 on Othello on Weyrmount 2

Infinitron Dragon

Nov 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/8/98
I don't think they really gave a damn. I wish there were more such addons,
though.

--
Infinitron Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Destrius wrote in message <71v63l$msl$2...@newton.pacific.net.sg>...

>...and it was written on the heavens that on Thu, 05 Nov 1998
20:56:07 -0500,
> the entity named Lumina Dragon (kewh...@indiana.edu)

> inscribed the following words in rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:
>
>-clip-

>>Why? Someone used an editor and made a U7BG add-on. Forget who, but the
>>addon is called Kataba Aja.
>-clip-
>
>Well, Origin may have something against explicitly allowing people to use
>their copyrighted material in a game, even if its an addon.

Destrius

Nov 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/10/98
...and it was written on the heavens that on 8 Nov 1998 12:46:40 GMT,
the entity named Phillip S Zibilich (ps...@gnofn.org)
inscribed the following words in rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:

-clip-

>True, but if they don't respond in a way that tells the author to stop, I
>don't see a problem with making more add-ons.
-clip-

What I was suggesting was for Origin to actually give all the technical
information needed for people to build a proper addon. U7 is already a very
big game to hack through, and U8 would be even more so, esp. since its
"debugger" isn't very useful...

Xe Dragon

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98

Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.

I'll prepare and post an "Ultima Loose End Compendium" of all the posts and place it on
the Web. If you don't want to post, e-mail me at <xedr...@xe.net>. Don't forget to
include your name so I can credit you.

Infinitron Dragon

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98
I think Lumina is working on something of the sort. Though, only about
Serpent Isle I think.

--
Infinitron Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Paladia Dragon

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98
Finn. Who-or what-is he?

Lumina Dragon

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98

Paul Ryan wrote:

> The Earth Trembles, as the Words of Xe Dragon Arise from the Depths...

> > Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
> > the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
> > contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.
>

> Here are some of the ones I've seen. They're common knowledge.
> U6:Quenton Murder can't be solved.
> U6:Matt (at the Blue Boar) can't be cured of deafness.

Both intentional.

> UW2/SI:The Blackrock Serpent from the beginning of SI is supposed to be
> obtained in UW2. No-one seems to be able to work out where to get it
> consistently however.

Well, Bill Armintrout asked the people at LGT to put it in, and didn't think to check up on
it.

> SI:Cantra cannot be cured.

Stated in my previous post, this was meant to be put in, they forgot, and it slipped through
playtesting. IIRC.

> U8:The Birthplace of Moriens didn't exist (until the patch fixed it)

Never played U8 yet.

OK then, let's see if I got any.....
.... .... darnit, Paulon, you took all the ones I knew!

Although if you want another intentional one (ala Quenton unsolved), here:
You never do figure out what the Eleomosynator does in Talorus (UW2).

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98

Paladia Dragon wrote:

> Finn. Who-or what-is he?

This one's simple. He's a beggar who thinks he can scam people by
thinking he is LB. IMHO, U7's beggar, Snaz, is much funnier.

-Lumina Dragon

P.S. Anyone wanna hear a joke? It's about gold! (Heh heh...)

Tim

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98

> U6:Quenton Murder can't be solved.

Actually, if you talk to the lone fighter in between britain and skara brae (mongbats and
fighters always end up fighting around there) he'll mention some things about it. I think
his name was Michael, and you can ask about the murder and he'll admit to it. Say "michael"
to quenton and he'll respond in a shiver I think. I never thought he had anything to do with
it until I read the U6 hintbook.

Robert S. Gregg

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98
Lumina Dragon wrote in message <364A3859...@indiana.edu>...

>> Here are some of the ones I've seen. They're common knowledge.
>> U6:Quenton Murder can't be solved.
>> U6:Matt (at the Blue Boar) can't be cured of deafness.
>
>Both intentional.

Actually, the Quenton Murder thread isn't intentional - they just ran out of
time.

>> UW2/SI:The Blackrock Serpent from the beginning of SI is supposed to be
>> obtained in UW2. No-one seems to be able to work out where to get it
>> consistently however.
>
>Well, Bill Armintrout asked the people at LGT to put it in,
>and didn't think to check up on it.

I've had two people write me claiming to have found an "undamaged serpent
statue". But I've never been able to duplicate it. If only we could decrypt
the conversation files, we'd know for sure.

>Although if you want another intentional one (ala Quenton unsolved), here:
>You never do figure out what the Eleomosynator does in Talorus (UW2).

You're right, that one *is* intentional, at least according to Dr. Cat who
wrote the conversations for that character. He also claims there's a "hidden
message" that he buried somewhere in the Talorus world, but nobody has ever
found that either.

(Obscure trivia: "Bliy Skup Ductosnore" is an anagram for "Blue Sky
Productions", the name Looking Glass had when they wrote UW1.)

Lumina Dragon

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98

Infinitron Dragon wrote:

> I think Lumina is working on something of the sort. Though, only about
> Serpent Isle I think.

I am?

-Lumina Dragon, who can never keep track of all
his projects at once. Which one was this again?

Lumina Dragon

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98

Robert S. Gregg wrote:

> Lumina Dragon wrote in message <364A3859...@indiana.edu>...

> >Well, Bill Armintrout asked the people at LGT to put it in,
> >and didn't think to check up on it.
>
> I've had two people write me claiming to have found an "undamaged serpent
> statue". But I've never been able to duplicate it. If only we could decrypt
> the conversation files, we'd know for sure.

I got this answer form back when Bill read RGCU-D.

> >Although if you want another intentional one (ala Quenton unsolved), here:
> >You never do figure out what the Eleomosynator does in Talorus (UW2).
>
> You're right, that one *is* intentional, at least according to Dr. Cat who
> wrote the conversations for that character. He also claims there's a "hidden
> message" that he buried somewhere in the Talorus world, but nobody has ever
> found that either.

Cool. I shall find it! Once I go home for Thanksgiving break and can play it.

> (Obscure trivia: "Bliy Skup Ductosnore" is an anagram for "Blue Sky
> Productions", the name Looking Glass had when they wrote UW1.)

I did not know that. I did have the suspicion that Eleomosynator is supposed to
be anagrammatical (is that a word?), but can't come up with anything.

> Bob Gregg aka Underworld Dragon
> The Notable Ultima: www.scott.net/~rgregg/ultima/

-Lumina Dragon

Robert S. Gregg

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98
Xe Dragon wrote in message <3649B752...@xe.net>...
>Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose
ends from all
>the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence
errors,
>contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.

In Ultima 5, somewhere near the Valorian Isles, there's a signpost on a remote
island:
"Sherlock's Isle - Go Away!"

It's unrelated to anything else in the game, and I can't imagine it referred
to anyone on the development team at the time. I expected to find *someone*
in the game, somewhere, that would at least comment on it; but no, nothing.

Paul Ryan

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
The Earth Trembles, as the Words of Xe Dragon Arise from the Depths...

> Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
> the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
> contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.

Here are some of the ones I've seen. They're common knowledge.

U6:Quenton Murder can't be solved.
U6:Matt (at the Blue Boar) can't be cured of deafness.

UW2/SI:The Blackrock Serpent from the beginning of SI is supposed to be
obtained in UW2. No-one seems to be able to work out where to get it
consistently however.

SI:Cantra cannot be cured.

U8:The Birthplace of Moriens didn't exist (until the patch fixed it)

--
Paulon Dragon d++ e- N T+ Om U1!23!4!5!6!7'!S'!8!K!A!L!W!M!
-==(UDIC)==- u++ uC+ uF uG uLB+ uA+ nC nH+ nI nPT nS+ nT+ y?

Settle for what you can get, but first ask for the World
Ka'a Orto'o, Gnomic Utterances, C IV

Negate the Spell to Wish Me Well

Samson

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
Xe Dragon wrote:

> Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
> the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
> contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.
>
> I'll prepare and post an "Ultima Loose End Compendium" of all the posts and place it on
> the Web. If you don't want to post, e-mail me at <xedr...@xe.net>. Don't forget to
> include your name so I can credit you.
>
> --
>
> Xe Dragon
>
> "Civilization is the encouragement of differences." - M. Gandhi
>
> Great Ultima maps at the High-Resolution Ultima Map Project at:
> http://www.xe.net/xedragon/hrump/

How about Ultima II? Yep, thats right, pretty much the whole darn
game :)

Samson Dragon
http://www.en.com/users/fraley/

-=Matt=-

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Xe Dragon wrote:

> Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
> the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
> contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.
>
> I'll prepare and post an "Ultima Loose End Compendium" of all the posts and place it on
> the Web. If you don't want to post, e-mail me at <xedr...@xe.net>. Don't forget to
> include your name so I can credit you.
>
> --
>
> Xe Dragon
>
> "Civilization is the encouragement of differences." - M. Gandhi
>
> Great Ultima maps at the High-Resolution Ultima Map Project at:
> http://www.xe.net/xedragon/hrump/

In u7 there is a strange big black cross in a clearing in the jungle north
of the desert north of vesper i think it is. On the cross is a treasure
chest with tonnes of junk and a key. There is no obvious use for this key.
By the way did anyone know that the gaurdian, when you walk near the
cross, sais "I am the Pagan lord" backwards.
Matt

-=Matt=-

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Xe Dragon wrote:

> Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
> the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
> contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.
>
> I'll prepare and post an "Ultima Loose End Compendium" of all the posts and place it on
> the Web. If you don't want to post, e-mail me at <xedr...@xe.net>. Don't forget to
> include your name so I can credit you.
>
> --
>
> Xe Dragon
>
> "Civilization is the encouragement of differences." - M. Gandhi
>
> Great Ultima maps at the High-Resolution Ultima Map Project at:
> http://www.xe.net/xedragon/hrump/

Also i heard that you can get the two naked people in the bee cave in u7
to confess to something but i cant work out what or how to do it.
Matt

Infinitron Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
You need to ask Tseramed about 'em.

--
Infinitron Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Spock

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
Xe Dragon wrote:
>Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose
ends

U7: After you find out that Garritt and not Tobias stole the silver serpent
venom, you mustn't talk to his father Feridwyn about it. He'll say "I'll
take care of Garritt, let's keep this between us." Everyone still blames
Tobias, and you can't reveal the truth.

U5: If you join with Blackthorne (ie. kill one of your companions in front
of him), he doesn't seem to know what to do with you. I would think he
would be more thrilled at the thought of the Avatar being on his side.

U8: What are the killer children doing north-east of Tenebrae?

U7: What becomes of Nastassia, Amber, Elad, etc in UA?

Lumina Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98

-=Matt=- wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Xe Dragon wrote:
>

> In u7 there is a strange big black cross in a clearing in the jungle north
> of the desert north of vesper i think it is. On the cross is a treasure
> chest with tonnes of junk and a key. There is no obvious use for this key.
> By the way did anyone know that the gaurdian, when you walk near the
> cross, sais "I am the Pagan lord" backwards.
> Matt

A semi-well-known U7BG easter egg. I saw a site somewhere that said it knew what the key
was for... can't remember for the life of me where; it's a page with misc. Ultima easter
eggs.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98

-=Matt=- wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Xe Dragon wrote:
>

> Also i heard that you can get the two naked people in the bee cave in u7
> to confess to something but i cant work out what or how to do it.
> Matt

Don't bring Tseramed with you; task them until they can't talk no more. You may have to
have spoken to Tseramed beforehand about them.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98

Spock wrote:

> Xe Dragon wrote:
> >Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose
> ends
>
> U7: After you find out that Garritt and not Tobias stole the silver serpent
> venom, you mustn't talk to his father Feridwyn about it. He'll say "I'll
> take care of Garritt, let's keep this between us." Everyone still blames
> Tobias, and you can't reveal the truth.

Tell him. Nothing serious ever happens to Garritt anyway.

> U5: If you join with Blackthorne (ie. kill one of your companions in front
> of him), he doesn't seem to know what to do with you. I would think he
> would be more thrilled at the thought of the Avatar being on his side.

This I gotta see....

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98

Great Siberian wrote:

> Well, let's try:
>
> 1) In SI, you never find Devra's husband, dead or alive. In the text
> file, I found a letter written by Angus to his wife, apparently before
> his death. But I never found this letter in the game.

IMHO, Angus stumbled upon Batlin & Co. skulking in the basement. He followed them to the
Gate, they caught him, they went through the gate, and they killed him. (Because killing him
before going through would have left eviddence in the basement catacombs)

> After you've completed your quest at the Mountain of Freedom, how come
> you cannot see Filbercio and Frigidazzi anywhere? Where have they
> disappeared?

To the House of the Dead, very nearly in the NW corner of the map. Other than that, I dunno.

> Harna is totally oblivious to the destruction the Bane and Goblins did
> in Monitor.

This is true. (Coding mistake; they forgot.)

> 2) In BG on Scara Brae: If I understood correctly, after I've destroyed
> the Well of Souls, all the spirits were supposed to disappear (except
> for Caine and Tortured One). Yet I find the blacksmith and his wife back
> at their house, and they babble something about losing one another and
> not being able to find each other. Didn't make much sense to me at all.

Hmmmm... probably because Caine (who IS the Tortured One), and those two are outside the
Tower at the time. As for their babble; never talked to them after, myself, so I dunno.

-Lumina Dragon

Infinitron Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
Heh. That kinda list is only good for U6 and below. U7's are STACKED with
easter eggs. YAY! :) U8 is too, actually.

--
Infinitron Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Robert S. Gregg wrote in message ...

>Xe Dragon wrote in message <3649B752...@xe.net>...

>>Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose

>ends from all
>>the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence
>errors,
>>contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.

Infinitron Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
He doesn't admit. He just says there was a debt involved.

Notice the inconsistency, BTW. Quen's wife was Elizabeth, but in U7 they
call her Gwen.

They tried to fix a plot bug, and messed up again. Poor, poor Origin.
;)

--
Infinitron Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Tim wrote in message <364A49EF...@earthlink.net>...

>> U6:Quenton Murder can't be solved.

Infinitron Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
Mr. Nose, hehe. Why'd they get rid of that funny little name for LB? :)

--
Infinitron Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Infinitron Dragon

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
The Ultima Bugs chronicles? :)

--
Infinitron Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Great Siberian

Nov 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/13/98
-=Matt=- wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Xe Dragon wrote:
>

> > Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
> > the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
> > contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.
> >
> > I'll prepare and post an "Ultima Loose End Compendium" of all the posts and place it on
> > the Web. If you don't want to post, e-mail me at <xedr...@xe.net>. Don't forget to
> > include your name so I can credit you.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Xe Dragon
> >
> > "Civilization is the encouragement of differences." - M. Gandhi
> >
> > Great Ultima maps at the High-Resolution Ultima Map Project at:
> > http://www.xe.net/xedragon/hrump/
> >

> Also i heard that you can get the two naked people in the bee cave in u7
> to confess to something but i cant work out what or how to do it.

You have to talk to Tseramed and get him to mention people in the cave,
and then talk back to the nudists.

Great Siberian

Nov 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/13/98
to Xe Dragon
Xe Dragon wrote:

> Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
> the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
> contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.
>
> I'll prepare and post an "Ultima Loose End Compendium" of all the posts and place it on
> the Web. If you don't want to post, e-mail me at <xedr...@xe.net>. Don't forget to
> include your name so I can credit you.

Well, let's try:

1) In SI, you never find Devra's husband, dead or alive. In the text
file, I found a letter written by Angus to his wife, apparently before
his death. But I never found this letter in the game.

After you've completed your quest at the Mountain of Freedom, how come

you cannot see Filbercio and Frigidazzi anywhere? Where have they
disappeared?

Harna is totally oblivious to the destruction the Bane and Goblins did
in Monitor.

2) In BG on Scara Brae: If I understood correctly, after I've destroyed

the Well of Souls, all the spirits were supposed to disappear (except
for Caine and Tortured One). Yet I find the blacksmith and his wife back
at their house, and they babble something about losing one another and
not being able to find each other. Didn't make much sense to me at all.

3) Pagan: The whole Necromancy thing is a bit confusing. Vividos never
acknowledges that you've finished your pilgrimage (at least in a version
without a patch), and neither he nor Lithos himself react in any way
when the Avatar takes the Heart of the Earth. That's strange,
considering the consequences in the other cases (Hydros sends rains,
Pyros unleashes meteor showers, Stellos dies because his link to Stratos
is cut)

Drifter

Nov 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/13/98
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:12:02 -0500, Xe Dragon
<xedragon...@xe.net> wrote:

>Okay, folks, here we go. Let's see everyone post with their list of loose ends from all
>the Ultima games. This can include any loose ends, plot holes, sequence errors,
>contradictions, and even gameplay bugs from any of the the Ultimas.
>
>I'll prepare and post an "Ultima Loose End Compendium" of all the posts and place it on
>the Web. If you don't want to post, e-mail me at <xedr...@xe.net>. Don't forget to
>include your name so I can credit you.
>

>--
>
>Xe Dragon
>
>"Civilization is the encouragement of differences." - M. Gandhi
>
>Great Ultima maps at the High-Resolution Ultima Map Project at:
> http://www.xe.net/xedragon/hrump/

U6- The guy from Skare Brae who came through a moongate accidentaly.
Couldn't go back.

Ecool Dragon
d+++ e+ N+ T-- Om+ U1234!56!7'!S'!8ALWM
u++ uC++++ uF- uG++++ uLB++++ uA+++ nC+ nR nH+ nP++ nI++ nPT nS+ nT
wC+ wN oA+++ y+ a14

Fabrice Bouye

Nov 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/13/98
UW1 :
- where did the mountain men and other races go after the destruction of
the Abyss ?

U7P1 :
- What was the fate of LB and Nell's child ?

UW2 :
- In Talorus, the futurian said that his world and Brittania should have
more contacts in the future and that he'll met the Avatar again...
- The Absence of the Balckrock Order serpent from the game ;
- The Lich in Praecoth Loth'tomb had contact with Modain prior to
Sosaria's destruction does this mean, that this world was part of
Sosaria ???
- Were the big cats in Killorn Keep really the descendant and downgraded
forms of the Killrathy which were allied with Mondain back in the age of
Darkness ?
- Do the Resistance still fight or react against the Guardian in all the
conquered words ?

U7P2 :
- From where did the Ophidians originally come from ?
- Where went the Order followers after they won the war of Imbalance ;
- What was the fate of the Balance Tree seeded by the Avatar back in the
time of the Imbalance War, since by the time of Serpent Isle, the
Imbalance restart to grow, the tree must have died ;
- Where is the Black Sword, it seems the Avatar did not had it with him
in the void. Did the compagnions took it back to Brittania ?
- How did the Compagnions leave Sunrise Island and Serpent Isle ??????

U8 :
- Why did the Avatar's costume changed betweeen U7P2 and U8, is this
another "between games space" (like in U8 and U9) ?
- Where are all the Serpent armor and stuffs carried by the Avatar to
enter the Void in the previous game ? Are they lost in Pagan's ocean ??
- the Lost Vale (no comment) ;
- Arcadion who did not recognize the Avatar ;
- What's the real story with Mordra and her trip to Brittania ?
- Will the Avatar be able to master the EA logo-like device in Mythran's
house ?

In general :
- where are the two other continents of Sosaria ;
- where are all the mystic and magic armors and weapons used in the 5
first games ;

Bouyé Fabrice
DESS Génie Logiciel, Bordeaux I, France
mailto:bo...@emi.u-bordeaux.fr
mailto:bo...@mail.atlantic-line.fr
http://www.emi.u-bordeaux.fr/~bouye

Paul Ryan

Nov 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/13/98
The Earth Trembles, as the Words of Fabrice Bouye Arise from the
Depths...

> UW1 :
> - where did the mountain men and other races go after the destruction of
> the Abyss ?

Garamon supposedly transported them to Destard. No sign of them in U7
though.

> UW2 :

> - The Absence of the Balckrock Order serpent from the game ;

Supposed to be there, and some people have said they found it. Somewhere.
Nobody ever seems to be able to say where so that others can find it.

> - Were the big cats in Killorn Keep really the descendant and downgraded
> forms of the Killrathy which were allied with Mondain back in the age of
> Darkness ?

It isn't specified, but their ancestors did fight humanoids before a
defeat. Afterwards they devolved until they could no longer use tools.
For the exact transcript, chat to a wisp or look at
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~paulryan/Ultima/FAQ_Part_2.htm#UW2
It still leaves one wondering whether they were specifically the Kilrathi
or not though.

> U7P2 :
> - From where did the Ophidians originally come from ?

I seem to recall they were the people of the Lands of Danger and Despair,
who had lost their leadership with the exile of King Shamino and the
suicide of the King of the White Dragon. The Serpents started giving
advice. It's in one of their history books. heck out Underworld Dragon's
Literal Ultima at http://www.scott.net/~rgregg/ultima/literal/ if you
want to find the exact book (History of Serpent Isle, by Harashash)

> U8 :

> - Arcadion who did not recognize the Avatar ;

The Daemon himself suspects it's a loop caused by dimension travel. I got
the impression Arcadian thinks running into acquaintances at anomalous
points in their personal chronology a fairly commonplace event for
travellers between the worlds.

Xe Dragon

Nov 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/13/98