Stars! decryption code and development links

raptor

Feb 19, 2019, 10:51:29 PM2/19/19

This is for anyone on the newsgroup who may have not seen the development work on Stars! in the last few years. The decryption code has been open-sourced and a few neat utilities have been created (links below).

I'd also like to request any source code to any utilities created over the years, especially ones that used the decryption code. There have been many great utilities that have been lost to time, that we'd like to bring back to life.

Important links:

GitHub main project (contributors welcome):
https://github.com/stars-4x/

Java API (with decryption code and many utilities):
https://github.com/stars-4x/starsapi

Python:
https://github.com/stars-4x/starsapi-python

Please contact via the Autohost forums or github.

Thanks!

ricks...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2021, 1:50:30 AM3/14/21
On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 10:51:29 PM UTC-5, raptor wrote:
> I'd also like to request any source code to any utilities created over the years, especially ones that used the decryption code. There have been many great utilities that have been lost to time, that we'd like to bring back to life.

The API has been used to create a number of command-line tools to remove a lost password, check for various bugs and cheats, dump messages out of a turn, etc.

You can find them as part of the Totalhost code: https://github.com/ricks03/TotalHost

The scripts are standalone versions of utilities built into TotalHost.