thanks id for the modem support in 1.0 - NOT! You frekin retards

1 view

NinjaT

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

NO MODEM SUPPORT YET! .92 atleast connected for 2 or 3 minutes no it
wont even init.

Thanks John Cash you LOSER

V Teahan

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

NinjaT (Nin...@cow.com) wrote:
: NO MODEM SUPPORT YET! .92 atleast connected for 2 or 3 minutes no it

: wont even init.
:
: Thanks John Cash you LOSER
:

Sheesh someone can't work a computer, or spell.
--

*************************
* Dana Drury *

Chris Hargrove

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

>NO MODEM SUPPORT YET! .92 atleast connected for 2 or 3 minutes no it
>wont even init.

>Thanks John Cash you LOSER

Hehehe... someone calling Cash a loser.... that's funny. You do
realize he has more money than you can ever hope to attain, right? In
the tradition of the American dream, I think that counts him as a
success.

If it doesn't work, write a nice bug-notice email to them and ask for
it fixed, as an "honest complaint". Something rational, and adult.
They might listen to you. But complaints like this won't warrant any
developer's attention except laughter (hey, it got my chuckle, that's
for sure).

--
Chris Hargrove
Technology Programmer, Raven Software Corp.

Nameless

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

In article <4s68tk$7...@unix.midplains.net>, char...@mail.ravensoft.com wrote:

>>NO MODEM SUPPORT YET! .92 atleast connected for 2 or 3 minutes no it
>>wont even init.
>
>>Thanks John Cash you LOSER
>
>Hehehe... someone calling Cash a loser.... that's funny. You do
>realize he has more money than you can ever hope to attain, right? In
>the tradition of the American dream, I think that counts him as a
>success.

What the hell has money got to do with whether or not someone is a loser?
Bill Gates is a rich man...and most people consider him a loser...

>If it doesn't work, write a nice bug-notice email to them and ask for
>it fixed, as an "honest complaint". Something rational, and adult.
>They might listen to you. But complaints like this won't warrant any
>developer's attention except laughter (hey, it got my chuckle, that's
>for sure).

Uh...sure. So...what's considered a "dishonest complaint"?? A "rational"
complaint? and, an "adult" complaint??

As for how the person who originally complained - sure, it was a bit of a rash
complaint, but maybe he's just po'd that id is working on the "polishing" of
Quake rather than what MATTERS - modem and internet multiplay.

I'm beginning to wonder if id wasn't bought out by Microsoft...

Stinger

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

NinjaT wrote:

> NO MODEM SUPPORT YET! .92 atleast connected for 2 or 3 minutes no it
> wont even init.
>
> Thanks John Cash you LOSER

NUFF SAID!!! I agree 110%

Message has been deleted

Tim Behrendsen

Jul 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/13/96

On Friday, July 12, 1996, Nameless wrote...
> >Hehehe... someone calling Cash a loser.... that's funny. You do
> >realize he has more money than you can ever hope to attain, right? In
> >the tradition of the American dream, I think that counts him as a
> >success.
>
> What the hell has money got to do with whether or not someone is a
loser?
> Bill Gates is a rich man...and most people consider him a loser...

Gates doesn't need me to defend him, but whatever he is, he's not
a loser. Most people who consider him a loser do it because of jealousy
and envy.

Gi Joe

Jul 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/14/96

1.01 fixes several modem problems. BTW, I had no problems playing Quake
0.91 over modem. Very stable, reasonable fast. You sure you've got your
init string right?

Craig

Oskar Snadberg

Jul 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/14/96

On 13 Jul 1996 19:22:50 GMT, Tim Behrendsen <t...@airshields.com>
wrote:

>Gates doesn't need me to defend him, but whatever he is, he's not
>a loser. Most people who consider him a loser do it because of jealousy
>and envy.

or cause one of his programs doesn't work.

Leath Muller

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

char...@mail.ravensoft.com (Chris Hargrove) writes:
>>NO MODEM SUPPORT YET! .92 atleast connected for 2 or 3 minutes no it
>>wont even init.
>>Thanks John Cash you LOSER

>Hehehe... someone calling Cash a loser.... that's funny. You do

>realize he has more money than you can ever hope to attain, right? In
>the tradition of the American dream, I think that counts him as a
>success.

>If it doesn't work, write a nice bug-notice email to them and ask for

>it fixed, as an "honest complaint". Something rational, and adult.
>They might listen to you. But complaints like this won't warrant any
>developer's attention except laughter (hey, it got my chuckle, that's
>for sure).

>Chris Hargrove

Aaw, c'mon...leave the fella alone! After all, he has his own perfect working
deathmatch modem code working, and it only took him 15 minutes! ;)

Leathal.

Chris Clarke

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

m-1...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Oskar Snadberg) wrote:

Actually, I think that makes the purchaser a loser for buying a
program that doesn't work.

Chris,

Posting from OS/2, you too can declare yourself free of the evil
empire (sorry, couldn't resist).
Chris Clarke
Opinions expressed do not reflect those of Hughes Aircraft

"In the beginning the universe was created. This is generally regarded
as a bad move" -- Douglas Adams

bme...@bruce.cs.monash.edu.au

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

m-1...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Oskar Snadberg) writes:

>On 13 Jul 1996 19:22:50 GMT, Tim Behrendsen <t...@airshields.com>
>wrote:

>>Gates doesn't need me to defend him, but whatever he is, he's not
>>a loser. Most people who consider him a loser do it because of jealousy
>>and envy.
>>

>or cause one of his programs doesn't work.

There is actually very few people who have ever used one
of "his" programs --- Hands up anyone who has used MS basic
for some 8 bit machine!

None of the stuff currently for sale from MS was written by
Bill Gates....

Bernie
Still thinking the Scots should have gone through to the quarterfinals.....

Chris Hargrove

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

>So what? He won't give me his money anyway. I'll call him whatever I
>want (note: I'm not the original poster). Oh by the way, I'm not
>American so the hell with the American dream :)

I'll let that one slide... :)

>I don't know about you Raven people but I've sent my *nice* bug report
>to id the day Quake v.91 was released and have received no help so
>far. I was hoping v1.0 to fix this but noooo. In case some people
>from id is reading this (yeah right), it's about Quake not running in
>DOS with UNIVBE loaded on my PC.

Realize that a lot of people are mailing them with bug reports right
about now, and considering the small number of staff members there
it'll probably take a while to read everything, let alone get to
fixing it. In the meantime, why not make another config option
without UNIVBE? After all, if it isn't running with it loaded then I
doubt it supports VBE 2.0 in which case you don't need it loaded
anyway. It's a temporary solution (which I'm guessing you already
figured out by now :)

>I would rather let's you laugh than
>sending a honest complaint and getting no reply (hey, either way, it
>doesn't matter to me).

Reading your mail and replying to it are very different things... just
think about the volume of mail they must get every day; I seriously
doubt they have time to reply to everyone. Doesn't mean they don't
read it of course (although even that might take some time).

>--KCI

David A. Weiden

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

: Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I
: had to say something.

I think it's right on topic. In a way.
Whenever there's something out there, large, that a lot of people follow,
enjoy, live by, whatever, there's always going to be people that bash it
- just for the freaking sake of bashing something.
This country ain't perfect - but it's probably the best one on this
planet (except for the politicians of course ;)
The way that I think this is kinda on topic is, that I think that's why
there's so much bashing of Quake. Not even just D3D'ers. Some people
just need to bitch to be heard. Don't like the game - don't play it.
Don't like the country - leave it. Don't like your life - end it - if it
won't hurt anyone who cares about you.
Just like several times I've heard the phrase "id lovers", I think many
of the bashers only bash because it is id. Now, isn't that just as shallow?

Mel

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

Majin wrote:

> Oh by the way, I'm not
> American so the hell with the American dream :)

And the tail tried to wag the dog. . . .

"With malice toward none, with charity
for all, with firmness in the right, as God
gives us to see the right, let us strive on
to finish the work we are in, to bind up the
nation's wounds, to care for him who shall
have borne the battle, and for his widow and
his orphan, to do all which may achieve and
cherish a just and lasting peace among
ourselves, and with all nations."

Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. president.
Second Inaugural Address, 4 March 1865.

Save the world, conquer all enemies, give
nations back their lands and peace, and this
is the type of thanks you get: a foreigner
attending an American university saying,
"the hell with the American dream."

It makes sense. We fought the French while
liberating France from Nazi occupation.
My father served in France and they painted
swastikas on American vehicles.

does "unappreciated" ring a bell?

At least Churchill appreciated us.

On the day America entered the war he said,
"That night I slept the sleep of the saved."

Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I
had to say something.

Later,

Mel,

Son and Grandson of American, wartime veterans

Message has been deleted

Oskar Snadberg

Jul 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/16/96

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996 14:44:59 GMT, bme...@bruce.cs.monash.edu.au wrote:

>m-1...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Oskar Snadberg) writes:
>
>>or cause one of his programs doesn't work.
>
>There is actually very few people who have ever used one
>of "his" programs --- Hands up anyone who has used MS basic
>for some 8 bit machine!

I have too. Except at the time I thought it worked great. Considered
Bill Gates a genius, and was in like 4th grade.

I wrote some pretty nifty games though. :)
The biggest was a whole kilobyte!!!!!!!

>None of the stuff currently for sale from MS was written by
>Bill Gates....

No but he is responsible for us being subjected to the shit.

Carsten Whimster

Jul 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/16/96

In article <4seap7$ba6@simba>,
David A. Weiden <wei...@beast.Trenton.EDU> wrote:
| : Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I
| : had to say something.
|
| I think it's right on topic. In a way.
| Whenever there's something out there, large, that a lot of people follow,
| enjoy, live by, whatever, there's always going to be people that bash it
| - just for the freaking sake of bashing something.
| This country ain't perfect - but it's probably the best one on this
| planet (except for the politicians of course ;)

Well, every time they run one of those "how happy are the people in this
country" type polls, two countries are consistently on top: Canada and
Denmark. The States are usually quite a lot lower, like 10th-15th. I am
not saying that this is true, but it seems that many people who live in
the States are not as happy about living there as you are. Take it
FWIW.
--
Carsten Whimster EDM Associate Editor, Book Reviewer
carsten_...@iqpac.com EDM Site: http://www.iqpac.com/

kevin c.

Jul 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/16/96

wei...@beast.Trenton.EDU (David A. Weiden) wrote:

>: Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I
>: had to say something.

>I think it's right on topic. In a way.
>Whenever there's something out there, large, that a lot of people follow,
>enjoy, live by, whatever, there's always going to be people that bash it
>- just for the freaking sake of bashing something.
>This country ain't perfect - but it's probably the best one on this
>planet (except for the politicians of course ;)

>The way that I think this is kinda on topic is, that I think that's why
>there's so much bashing of Quake. Not even just D3D'ers. Some people
>just need to bitch to be heard. Don't like the game - don't play it.
>Don't like the country - leave it. Don't like your life - end it - if it
>won't hurt anyone who cares about you.
>Just like several times I've heard the phrase "id lovers", I think many
>of the bashers only bash because it is id. Now, isn't that just as shallow?

Hear, hear! Hemp for victory!

Message has been deleted

Mel

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Dr Jest wrote:

> Yeh just what we need - another pointless thread. Anyone want
> to start another religion thread to get the flames really going.

Gee, maybe you're right. Just so I'll know next time, please
offer me your example of, or direct me toward, a thread
with a point -- I mean, since you're such an expert and all.

I'm simply tired of foreigners coming to this country, using it
to make money, become educated or what-not, and then bashing it
whilst dwelling here. I know it's off-topic. I said this at the
first, but just look around the newsgroup world my friend;
it's full of pointless crap.

If you don't like something then stop reading, and more than
anything else, don't respond to it by writing on it, for
when you do you add to it and it is more on your brain than
when you only didn't like it.

As for your religion thingy, is everything you don't like
defined in such narrow-minded doltishness? You must be elderly

However, I do appreciate your opinion.

"The more opinions you have, the less you see."
Wim Wenders

P.S. As for what's on most newgroups: it's 90% flame and crap, but
hey, ancient man loved both of those and it seems that we
do as well.

P.S.S. Ever notice how the pointless threads get the most

Mel

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Majin wrote:
> I didn't say USA sucks (though I didn't say otherwise either).

So you just nullified any form of an apology that you were
attempting to feign.

Well, I’ll risk the danger of sounding too simplistically
patriotic and say, if you don’t like it then go the heck
back to where ever it was you came from. This lady
may have stumbled, but she ain’t never fell (unlike the
rest). ;)

Dr Jest

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Yeh just what we need - another pointless thread. Anyone want

Message has been deleted

David A. Weiden

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

: Well, every time they run one of those "how happy are the people in this

: country" type polls, two countries are consistently on top: Canada and
: Denmark. The States are usually quite a lot lower, like 10th-15th. I am
: not saying that this is true, but it seems that many people who live in
: the States are not as happy about living there as you are. Take it
: FWIW.
: --

Let'em go somewhere else and deal with that place's level of crime,
corruption, taxes, poverty, etc. THEN ask them how they like it.
This country just has a bunch of spoiled brat whiners who are angry at
the government (hey, who wouldn't be?) for taking 35%+ of their 250K a
year salary. No one's EVER satisfied with ANYTHING - if half the people
had their US freedoms taken away temporarily, they'd change their bitchy
tune.

(insert stupid acronym here)

ps. I'm not exactly nuts about this place either, but I don't think I'd
wanna be somewhere else.

Message has been deleted

Carsten Whimster

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

In article <4sjisc$po6@simba>,

David A. Weiden <wei...@beast.Trenton.EDU> wrote:

I'm not spoiling for a fight here, but have you TRIED living anywhere
else? Otherwise your opinion is really just based on whatever media you
have your information on other countries from. I have lived in Denmark,
Scotlan, and Canada, and I have travelled extensively in the States, and
they all have their charms, but for me, Canada is the best.

Mel

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

Majin wrote:

> Mel <mana...@cdc.net> wrote:
>
> >Majin wrote:
> >> I didn't say USA sucks (though I didn't say otherwise either).
> >
> >So you just nullified any form of an apology that you were
> >attempting to feign.
>
> An apology? What apology? I just wanted to clarify my point.

> >Well, I’ll risk the danger of sounding too simplistically
> >patriotic and say, if you don’t like it then go the heck
> >back to where ever it was you came from. This lady
> >may have stumbled, but she ain’t never fell (unlike the
> >rest). ;)
>
> Please, don't turn this into yet another "Get a life, geek" thread.
>
> --KCI

O.K., I'll not do that. I won't turn it into a "'Get a life, geek'
thread." And whenever I live in Japan (yea right) and I say or
write something in the nature of, "To hell with Japan" and it so
happens to offend a few Japanese, I'll also ask them to not do what
you just proposed for me not to do -- got it. ;)

When in Rome . . .

Dr Jest

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

Mel wrote:

> Dr Jest wrote:
>
> > Yeh just what we need - another pointless thread. Anyone want
> > to start another religion thread to get the flames really going.
>
> Gee, maybe you're right. Just so I'll know next time, please
> offer me your example of, or direct me toward, a thread
> with a point -- I mean, since you're such an expert and all.

Duh, try a quake thread.

> I'm simply tired of foreigners coming to this country, using it
> to make money, become educated or what-not, and then bashing it
> whilst dwelling here. I know it's off-topic. I said this at the
> first, but just look around the newsgroup world my friend;
> it's full of pointless crap.

true, but we could do with a little less pointless crap.

> If you don't like something then stop reading, and more than
> anything else, don't respond to it by writing on it, for
> when you do you add to it and it is more on your brain than
> when you only didn't like it.

Well I took the chance that people may get the point that this is
a Quake newsgroup and stop writing this sort of shit. Guess I
was wrong (I am soooo surprised)

> As for your religion thingy, is everything you don't like
> defined in such narrow-minded doltishness? You must be elderly

Narrow-minded doltishness? You must have spent ages thinking that
one up, ouch!
I am quite happy to discuss religion on a religious newsgroup but
this happens to be a QUAKE group.

You may not remember the "Jesus is a myth" thread but it went on
for a long long time, we could do without another one. Two things
guaranteed to generate an large volume of crap on the newsgroups -
religion & USA bashing/supporting

> However, I do appreciate your opinion.

well thats nice.

> "The more opinions you have, the less you see."
> Wim Wenders
>
> P.S. As for what's on most newgroups: it's 90% flame and crap, but
> hey, ancient man loved both of those and it seems that we
> do as well.

Maybe one day we will evolve.

> P.S.S. Ever notice how the pointless threads get the most

Thats because it takes very little intellectual effort to flame.
(now wasn't that profound)

TheCrow

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

In article <4sjisc$po6@simba>, wei...@beast.Trenton.EDU says...

>: Well, every time they run one of those "how happy are the people in this
>: country" type polls, two countries are consistently on top: Canada and
>: Denmark. The States are usually quite a lot lower, like 10th-15th. I am
>: not saying that this is true, but it seems that many people who live in
>: the States are not as happy about living there as you are. Take it
>: FWIW.
>: --
>
>Let'em go somewhere else and deal with that place's level of crime,
>corruption, taxes, poverty, etc. THEN ask them how they like it.
>This country just has a bunch of spoiled brat whiners who are angry at
>the government (hey, who wouldn't be?) for taking 35%+ of their 250K a
>year salary. No one's EVER satisfied with ANYTHING - if half the people
>had their US freedoms taken away temporarily, they'd change their bitchy
>tune.
>
>(insert stupid acronym here)
>
>ps. I'm not exactly nuts about this place either, but I don't think I'd
>wanna be somewhere else.

The way I see it is that most of the cool stuff happens here. So thats good...
We have Intel, MIT, IBM. Great place, great place.

Marcus Hast

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

Mel <mana...@cdc.net> wrote:

<Snip>

>Save the world, conquer all enemies, give
>nations back their lands and peace, and this

Ohh, boy!

You *really* believe this?

I bet the Veitnamese and Koreans are really greatful.

<Snip>

>It makes sense. We fought the French while
>liberating France from Nazi occupation.
>My father served in France and they painted
>swastikas on American vehicles.

>does "unappreciated" ring a bell?

Yes I feel soooo sorry for you. Unapretiated prodigy.

<Snip>

>Mel,

>Son and Grandson of American, wartime veterans

Shall one laugh or cry? That's the question.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
- from: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Marcus Hast marcu...@mailbox.swipnet.se
Living long, and prosperous...

Unknown

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

marcu...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Marcus Hast) wrote:

>Mel <mana...@cdc.net> wrote:

><Snip>
>>Save the world, conquer all enemies, give
>>nations back their lands and peace, and this

>Ohh, boy!

>You *really* believe this?

>I bet the Veitnamese and Koreans are really greatful.

Hey Marcus, the buttnut. Listen you little commie atheist faggot.
The internet, the computer you have, the game "QUAKE" your playing all
exist only because of AMERICA!!! If not for the U.S. the world would
still be a backwards ass piece of shit. People would be floating
around in wooden boats shooting muskets at eachother. Someday
worthless liberal socialist scumbags, such as yourself, may get your
way and destroy the American system. However, you should note that
the Amercan style individualist is here to stay just like the fucking
bible. These sorts of people will always do better than YOU at any
system of govt. than you can think of. They will always rise above
you and kick your stupid fucking ass. Thats right Marky, they'll just
circle strafe around you and blow holes in your fat tubby socialist
flesh :)

>>It makes sense. We fought the French while
>>liberating France from Nazi occupation.
>>My father served in France and they painted
>>swastikas on American vehicles.

>>does "unappreciated" ring a bell?

>Yes I feel soooo sorry for you. Unapretiated prodigy.

Hey dont feel soooory Marky, just fuck off.

>>Mel,

>>Son and Grandson of American, wartime veterans

>Shall one laugh or cry? That's the question.

STAND ASIDE FOR YOUR BETTERS!! FUCK.WAD!!! Thats the answer.

God, Guns, Guts and Glory keeps America free!

TheCrow

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

In article <31ED65...@cdc.net>, mana...@cdc.net says...

>Dr Jest wrote:
>
>> Yeh just what we need - another pointless thread. Anyone want
>> to start another religion thread to get the flames really going.
>
>Gee, maybe you're right. Just so I'll know next time, please
>offer me your example of, or direct me toward, a thread
>with a point -- I mean, since you're such an expert and all.
>
>I'm simply tired of foreigners coming to this country, using it

tired? shutup.

>to make money, become educated or what-not, and then bashing it
>whilst dwelling here. I know it's off-topic. I said this at the
>first, but just look around the newsgroup world my friend;
>it's full of pointless crap.
>

>If you don't like something then stop reading, and more than
>anything else, don't respond to it by writing on it, for
>when you do you add to it and it is more on your brain than
>when you only didn't like it.
>

>As for your religion thingy, is everything you don't like
>defined in such narrow-minded doltishness? You must be elderly
>

>However, I do appreciate your opinion.
>

>"The more opinions you have, the less you see."
>Wim Wenders
>
>P.S. As for what's on most newgroups: it's 90% flame and crap, but
>hey, ancient man loved both of those and it seems that we
>do as well.

Unknown

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

m-1...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Oskar Snadberg) wrote:

>>Hey Marcus, the buttnut. Listen you little commie atheist faggot.
>>The internet, the computer you have, the game "QUAKE" your playing all
>>exist only because of AMERICA!!! If not for the U.S. the world would
>>still be a backwards ass piece of shit. People would be floating
>>around in wooden boats shooting muskets at eachother. Someday
>>worthless liberal socialist scumbags, such as yourself, may get your
>>way and destroy the American system. However, you should note that
>>the Amercan style individualist is here to stay just like the fucking
>>bible. These sorts of people will always do better than YOU at any
>>system of govt. than you can think of. They will always rise above
>>you and kick your stupid fucking ass. Thats right Marky, they'll just
>>circle strafe around you and blow holes in your fat tubby socialist
>>flesh :)

>I think you got him where it hurts most. :)

>>God, Guns, Guts and Glory keeps America free!

>If you think you are free then you are more stupid and naive then my
>dog.

>THEY are monitoring you all the time, controlling you. THEY have even
>managed to control your mind to the point where you think you are free
>and happy.

>I laugh at your stupidity........

Laugh at your own stupidity. I never made a statement of contentment.
YOU supposed that not me. Freedom is a constant struggle and your
partly right. Americans as well as most people in the world are all
slowly (some quicker than others) losing their freedoms. There are
Americans who are more aware than you think. No one has complete
control yet....

Oskar Snadberg

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

On 18 Jul 1996 18:25:02 -0700, (Malleus Maleficarum) wrote:

>marcu...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Marcus Hast) wrote:
>
>>Mel <mana...@cdc.net> wrote:
>
>><Snip>
>>>Save the world, conquer all enemies, give
>>>nations back their lands and peace, and this
>
>>Ohh, boy!
>
>>You *really* believe this?
>
>>I bet the Veitnamese and Koreans are really greatful.

Message has been deleted

steven thurgood

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

previously in rec.games.computer.quake.misc Dr Jest <ro...@owl.co.uk>
wrote

>Yeh just what we need - another pointless thread. Anyone want
>to start another religion thread to get the flames really going.

My god can beat up your god. Nyahh.

-Steve

Paul Beer

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

Dr Jest <ro...@owl.co.uk> wrote:

>Yeh just what we need - another pointless thread. Anyone want
>to start another religion thread to get the flames really going.

How DARE you bring up religion here!! I am deeply offended now, I thought this
was only for discussing quake and now you have ruined things! Right when I had
just started to enjoy the group... Oh well, I need the typing practice <g>

Paul

BTExpress

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

I think I hear Neil Diamond singing.....

Malleus Maleficarum wrote in article
<4spa4h$r...@nnrp1.news.primenet.com>...

> m-1...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Oskar Snadberg) wrote:
>

> >>Hey Marcus, the buttnut. Listen you little commie atheist faggot.
> >>The internet, the computer you have, the game "QUAKE" your playing all
> >>exist only because of AMERICA!!! If not for the U.S. the world would
> >>still be a backwards ass piece of shit. People would be floating
> >>around in wooden boats shooting muskets at eachother. Someday
> >>worthless liberal socialist scumbags, such as yourself, may get your
> >>way and destroy the American system. However, you should note that
> >>the Amercan style individualist is here to stay just like the fucking
> >>bible. These sorts of people will always do better than YOU at any
> >>system of govt. than you can think of. They will always rise above
> >>you and kick your stupid fucking ass. Thats right Marky, they'll just
> >>circle strafe around you and blow holes in your fat tubby socialist
> >>flesh :)
>
> >I think you got him where it hurts most. :)
>

> >>God, Guns, Guts and Glory keeps America free!
>
> >If you think you are free then you are more stupid and naive then my
> >dog.
>
> >THEY are monitoring you all the time, controlling you. THEY have even
> >managed to control your mind to the point where you think you are free
> >and happy.
>
> >I laugh at your stupidity........

Message has been deleted

DarkSpike

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

On Sun, 14 Jul 1996 13:30:35 +1100, Gi Joe
<I...@dont.want.any.more.junk.mail> wrote:

>Stinger wrote:
>>
>> NinjaT wrote:
>> >
>> > NO MODEM SUPPORT YET! .92 atleast connected for 2 or 3 minutes no it
>> > wont even init.
>> >
>> > Thanks John Cash you LOSER
>>
>> NUFF SAID!!! I agree 110%

If you don't like it, don't play it. It is shareware for christs sake.

Toby

deadly peach

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96
> TobyThats right it is shareware for christs sake. The version we now have is
it folfs this is as good as it fucking gets. The modem code is still
buggy as all hell. Last night me and my freind were able to stay
connected for a record breaking 15 minutes! this is horrible id should
be ashamed of themselves. To all those people saying "this is just the
shareware version" wake up and smell the shit. this is it and you know
what it's not that great.

Oskar Snadberg

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

On 19 Jul 1996 17:44:01 -0700, (Malleus Maleficarum) wrote:

>m-1...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Oskar Snadberg) wrote:
>
>>>God, Guns, Guts and Glory keeps America free!
>
>>If you think you are free then you are more stupid and naive then my
>>dog.
>
>>THEY are monitoring you all the time, controlling you. THEY have even
>>managed to control your mind to the point where you think you are free
>>and happy.
>
>>I laugh at your stupidity........
>
>Laugh at your own stupidity. I never made a statement of contentment.
>YOU supposed that not me. Freedom is a constant struggle and your
>partly right. Americans as well as most people in the world are all
>slowly (some quicker than others) losing their freedoms. There are
>Americans who are more aware than you think. No one has complete
>control yet....

Trust me, neither your guns (which you have,) your guts (hmm,) or your
glory (yeah right) are or will ever keep you free.

If one thing is going to give you freedom it is YOUR MIND. Only within
yourself, if you don't let them control how you think, can freedom be
attained. As long as you believe that your guns and guts can do the
job, they have you right where they want you.

one slimey sonofabitch

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

In article <31f102c9...@newsstand.tc.umn.edu>, tera...@gold.tc.umn.edu (Majin) wrote:

>Maybe you guys want to stop here before this thread gets too much like
>the one happened in alt.games.quake?
>
>--KCI

BTW, the US sucks. Always has--always will. The people are lazy, but
somehow arrogant...must be that trailer-trash instinct lurking...??

--wankerman

Kerry D. lebel

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

> It sure is a shame that the 'trailer-trash' seem to be contributing more
> to this world than your 'enlightened' people.
> BTW, is that a genuine 'Trailer-Trash' processor in your computer?
> If we are so very lazy and stupid, what then does that make your pathetic
> kind that you must rely on 'trailer-trash' technology?
>
> -Josh

I could'nt have put it much better. But the guy sure does seem to know
alot about trailer trash. Why do people like that even bother opening
their mouths. All that was accomplished was pissing people off. He
seem's to be a lot more daring considering he's behind a keyboard and I
can't get up and kick his ass. God Bless America...Nuke the rest.

Kerry

Marcus Hast

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

DAMNIT. Another flame that I missed the first time! :-)

(Malleus Maleficarum) wrote:
>>>Hey Marcus, the buttnut. Listen you little commie atheist faggot.
>>>The internet, the computer you have, the game "QUAKE" your playing all
>>>exist only because of AMERICA!!! If not for the U.S. the world would

And America wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Europe, nuff said.

<Bla bla bla>

>>>way and destroy the American system. However, you should note that

The American system don't need to be destroyed. It's doing fine all by
it self. While on the topic of system. You wouldn't say that America
have high rates of poverty and crime, would you?

<Snip>

>m-1...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Oskar Snadberg) wrote:
>>I think you got him where it hurts most. :)

Ahhh. He got me :-)

>>>God, Guns, Guts and Glory keeps America free!

And the stupidity of the American masses. Whom you seem to represent.

>>If you think you are free then you are more stupid and naive then my
>>dog.

>>THEY are monitoring you all the time, controlling you. THEY have even
>>managed to control your mind to the point where you think you are free
>>and happy.

>>I laugh at your stupidity........

Applause!

>Laugh at your own stupidity. I never made a statement of contentment.
>YOU supposed that not me. Freedom is a constant struggle and your
>partly right. Americans as well as most people in the world are all
>slowly (some quicker than others) losing their freedoms. There are
>Americans who are more aware than you think. No one has complete
>control yet....

"The Price of freedom, is eternal vigilance." (Who said computer games
aren't deep?)

So basically what you're saying in the above paragraph is that:
"Really, my life suck. And I'm getting less and less freedom to do in
my spare not-so-bad time."? Yet you go on about how wonderful and
great this country in which you live is, because of what?

How do you KNOW that America is so good? Because as a nation it's made
so much? Because it's a powerful nation? Have you ever been abroad to
a wealthy country? (Ie, not Mexico :) Ever been abroad at all?

Reminds me of one of the old Educational Ministers of Florida (Or
whatever they are called, he was in charge of education in Florida.)
Anyways, he said that the schools in Florida should start teaching the
kids that "America is the best country in the world!" A reporter asked
him how he knew that, had he ever seen or studied another country? No,
he just *knew* that America was best.

Apparently you are from Florida ;-)

Daily Information

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

Errm...excuse me, but isn't this newsgroup supposed to be about the game
Quake? Remember that one? Y'know, the reason why you came to this group
in the first place. What wrong with American's? I'm from England, but I
find a lot of Americans very pleasant. Yes I know some of them are too
load, and it pisses me off when they ask to go to the "restroom" or
"bathroom", by definition, a bathroom has a bath in it, and a restroom
sounds like a place to go and lie down for half an hour. Oh yes, racism
is rife throughout AmeriKKKa, which gets to me a lot.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, keep this stuff out of the Quake groups, go
to alt.politics.hate.america or something.

Cheers,
Aaron

Marcus Hast

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

tera...@gold.tc.umn.edu (Majin) wrote:

<Snip>

>Maybe you guys want to stop here before this thread gets too much like
>the one happened in alt.games.quake?

Naah. It's just *male bonding* :-)

Oooh. I bet someones gonna call me *homesexual* now.

BTW we had this nice thread of *Ameicas army is the best in the world*
thread going in the C&C group before. Funny how it's always US vs
TheRest.

Joshua Rasey

one slimey sonofabitch

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

hook, line, and sinker.

-BR

Joshua Rasey

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

one slimey sonofabitch <fac...@tezcat.com> wrote:

: hook, line, and sinker.

What do you expect, insult something that another loves and you will get a
reaction. Grow up.

-Josh

Jon Provan

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

For the record -
I seem to recall reading in the second of these postings that someone
was using the term atheist in a derogatory fashion. I hope I speak for
atheists everywhere when I speak up and defend myself. There is nothing wrong
with being an atheist or an agnostic, and it certainly does not in any way
interfere with the love of one's country. I am completely devoted to these
United States of America -- just because I don't believe in God doesn't mean
that I'm a traitorous ingrate. Perchance the secondary poster might watch his
or her tongue in the future.
- Jon Provan
jm...@virginia.edu
P.S. - Quake is cool.

Desok Kim, PhD Phone:919-966-9259
Burnett Womack 460 Fax :919-966-5722
Dept. Surgery (Urology) email:dk...@med.unc.edu
The Univ. of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7235, USA

Toby Goldstone

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

Damn, I can't believe I'm getting mixed up in this crap... but what
the hell....

On 18 Jul 1996 18:25:02 -0700, (Malleus Maleficarum) wrote:

>marcu...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Marcus Hast) wrote:
>
>>Mel <mana...@cdc.net> wrote:
>
>><Snip>
>>>Save the world, conquer all enemies, give
>>>nations back their lands and peace, and this
>
>>Ohh, boy!
>
>>You *really* believe this?
>
>>I bet the Veitnamese and Koreans are really greatful.
>

>Hey Marcus, the buttnut. Listen you little commie atheist faggot.
>The internet, the computer you have, the game "QUAKE" your playing all
>exist only because of AMERICA!!! If not for the U.S. the world would

>still be a backwards ass piece of shit. People would be floating
>around in wooden boats shooting muskets at eachother. Someday
>worthless liberal socialist scumbags, such as yourself, may get your

>way and destroy the American system. However, you should note that

>the Amercan style individualist is here to stay just like the fucking
>bible. These sorts of people will always do better than YOU at any
>system of govt. than you can think of. They will always rise above
>you and kick your stupid fucking ass. Thats right Marky, they'll just
>circle strafe around you and blow holes in your fat tubby socialist
>flesh :)

Ok.... If it wasn't for England and the rest of Europe there would be
*no* america, so I don't get your point.... This could get really
dumb.. ie, if it wasn't for Africa there would be no humans, so Quake
originated from Africa. No! Quake originated from a little animal
living in the sea 10billion years ago... sigh... This is the sort of
argument people use when they don't have a case.

>>>It makes sense. We fought the French while
>>>liberating France from Nazi occupation.
>>>My father served in France and they painted
>>>swastikas on American vehicles.
>
>>>does "unappreciated" ring a bell?
>
>>Yes I feel soooo sorry for you. Unapretiated prodigy.
>
>Hey dont feel soooory Marky, just fuck off.

Thats nice.

>>>Mel,
>
>>>Son and Grandson of American, wartime veterans
>
>>Shall one laugh or cry? That's the question.
>
>STAND ASIDE FOR YOUR BETTERS!! FUCK.WAD!!! Thats the answer.

Fuck.WAD... thats quite good... bit doomy tho.

>God, Guns, Guts and Glory keeps America free!

Hahahaha... you have to laugh.... Don't get me wrong, America may be
an ok place, but how can you justify guns and guts making a country
free?

Charles Cox

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96

Toby Goldstone wrote:

> Damn, I can't believe I'm getting mixed up in this crap... but what
> the hell....
>

> Ok.... If it wasn't for England and the rest of Europe there would be

> *no* america, so I don't get your point.... This could get really
> dumb.. ie, if it wasn't for Africa there would be no humans, so Quake
> originated from Africa. No! Quake originated from a little animal
> living in the sea 10billion years ago... sigh... This is the sort of
> argument people use when they don't have a case.

> and.....
If it wasn't for that determined little sperm in Toby's mother we
wouldn't have that awesome Quake FAQ either!