need doom, doom2, or doom 95

peter

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions of doom,
doom2 doom95, thanks

MåTT W¡££¡åM§

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
A purchased CD is the most reliable source.

Matt

"peter" <dus...@sprint.ca> wrote in message

Erik-Jan Schroder

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99

"peter" <dus...@sprint.ca> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions of doom,
> doom2 doom95, thanks

Yeah right!!! Haaahahaa!

Erik-Jan Schroder

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99

"peter" <dus...@sprint.ca> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions of doom,
> doom2 doom95, thanks

Hey peter,

Hey, I was wrong! You can get the full version of Doom2 at
http://members.tripod.com/among_the_living/doom2.html and get some other
cool stuff!

Happy dooming,

Erik

bala...@my-deja.com

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
In article <01bf43e9$cabeb500$378a6395@dustan>,

"peter" <dus...@sprint.ca> wrote:
> can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions of
doom,
> doom2 doom95, thanks

****Begin standard full Doom request reply form****
Version 1.2

If you want the full version of Doom/Doom2, go to your
favorite software store, or goto www.idsoftware.com and
order a copy. You can even download a full, encrypted
copy and unlock it with your credit card (don't bother
asking for the password to decrypt it scince it changes
randomly, everytime the program is run. You have to call
a sales rep, and recite the number on the screen to him/her
to get the password to unlock the game). No one is going
to send you the full version of Doom because it's too
big to upload, and it's illegal to do so. Plus, text
encoding makes the file size 3 times or more larger.

A binary needs to be encoded to upload via e-mail or
Usenet, and most e-mail/usenet systems don't like 15 meg
files (Doom is 5 megs compressed, and text encoding
will make it about 3 times larger). Your ISP won't
like this one bit, and you and the sender risk getting
caught and sued for a huge amount of money by ID
software, especialy if the server(s) gets crapped
up by the binary. No one is going to give you an FTP
address where you can download the full unlocked copy
either, because that would also be illegal. Again,
no one is going to help you pirate Doom.

*********End standard full Doom request reply form***********

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Lei Gao

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00
On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 09:50:35 GMT, bala...@my-deja.com wrote:

>In article <01bf43e9$cabeb500$378a6395@dustan>,
> "peter" <dus...@sprint.ca> wrote:
>> can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions of
>doom,
>> doom2 doom95, thanks
>>

>****Begin standard full Doom request reply form****
>Version 1.2
>
> If you want the full version of Doom/Doom2, go to your
>favorite software store, or goto www.idsoftware.com and
>order a copy. You can even download a full, encrypted
>copy and unlock it with your credit card (don't bother
>asking for the password to decrypt it scince it changes
>randomly, everytime the program is run. You have to call
>a sales rep, and recite the number on the screen to him/her
>to get the password to unlock the game). No one is going

No ture there, a crack came out for Quake full because the encrypted
vesion was included on the CD. It seems to work for Doom too.

>to send you the full version of Doom because it's too
>big to upload, and it's illegal to do so. Plus, text
>encoding makes the file size 3 times or more larger.

Partial true.

>A binary needs to be encoded to upload via e-mail or
>Usenet, and most e-mail/usenet systems don't like 15 meg
>files (Doom is 5 megs compressed, and text encoding

Heard of RAR?? It can split things into 1.44 meg or 2.88 megs. COme to
think of it any thing you chose.

>will make it about 3 times larger). Your ISP won't
>like this one bit, and you and the sender risk getting

Our isp is happy for us to send 200 meg over the net. Hey they have
hard lines that sends at over 100 mbs per sec. I don't know what ISP
you're using AOL??

>caught and sued for a huge amount of money by ID
>software, especialy if the server(s) gets crapped
>up by the binary. No one is going to give you an FTP

Not true there. Many are not sued. It is impossible to track all of
them, and in the case of Doom, a 5 year old software, it mostly let
go.

>address where you can download the full unlocked copy
>either, because that would also be illegal. Again,
>no one is going to help you pirate Doom.

I'll help him if he e-mails me.

MåTT W¡££¡åM§

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
> >randomly, everytime the program is run. You have to call
> >a sales rep, and recite the number on the screen to him/her
> >to get the password to unlock the game). No one is going
> No ture there, a crack came out for Quake full because the encrypted
> vesion was included on the CD. It seems to work for Doom too.

Good luck finding that program. It seems to have completed disappeared from
existence. Besides, the Doom's and even Quake cost between $5 - $15. With
CD, you're guaranteed customer support and you'll have a back up in case you
upgrade your system or OS.

> >will make it about 3 times larger). Your ISP won't
> >like this one bit, and you and the sender risk getting
> Our isp is happy for us to send 200 meg over the net. Hey they have
> hard lines that sends at over 100 mbs per sec. I don't know what ISP
> you're using AOL??

Most ISP's would not appreciate binaries being posted to these newsgroups.
Also, I doubt any ISP encourages users to distribute warez and pirated
software.

> >caught and sued for a huge amount of money by ID
> >software, especialy if the server(s) gets crapped
> >up by the binary. No one is going to give you an FTP
> Not true there. Many are not sued. It is impossible to track all of
> them, and in the case of Doom, a 5 year old software, it mostly let
> go.

Not everyone is smart enough to figure out how to hide their IP address and
are very easy to track down.

Matt

Chris Emig

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
Hmmm... I seem to recall someone giving registered DOOM ][ for free
download and his site disappeared (accidentally?). ;-)

Chris

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Lei Gao wrote:

> Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 18:11:09 +0000
> From: Lei Gao <keyou***@starpower.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.games.computer.doom.misc
> Subject: Re: need doom, doom2, or doom 95

> On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 09:50:35 GMT, bala...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >In article <01bf43e9$cabeb500$378a6395@dustan>,
> > "peter" <dus...@sprint.ca> wrote:
> >> can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions of
> >doom,
> >> doom2 doom95, thanks
> >>

> >****Begin standard full Doom request reply form****
> >Version 1.2
> >
> > If you want the full version of Doom/Doom2, go to your
> >favorite software store, or goto www.idsoftware.com and
> >order a copy. You can even download a full, encrypted
> >copy and unlock it with your credit card (don't bother
> >asking for the password to decrypt it scince it changes

> >randomly, everytime the program is run. You have to call
> >a sales rep, and recite the number on the screen to him/her
> >to get the password to unlock the game). No one is going
> No ture there, a crack came out for Quake full because the encrypted
> vesion was included on the CD. It seems to work for Doom too.

> >to send you the full version of Doom because it's too
> >big to upload, and it's illegal to do so. Plus, text
> >encoding makes the file size 3 times or more larger.
> Partial true.
> >
> >A binary needs to be encoded to upload via e-mail or
> >Usenet, and most e-mail/usenet systems don't like 15 meg
> >files (Doom is 5 megs compressed, and text encoding
> Heard of RAR?? It can split things into 1.44 meg or 2.88 megs. COme to
> think of it any thing you chose.

> >will make it about 3 times larger). Your ISP won't
> >like this one bit, and you and the sender risk getting
> Our isp is happy for us to send 200 meg over the net. Hey they have
> hard lines that sends at over 100 mbs per sec. I don't know what ISP
> you're using AOL??

> >caught and sued for a huge amount of money by ID
> >software, especialy if the server(s) gets crapped
> >up by the binary. No one is going to give you an FTP
> Not true there. Many are not sued. It is impossible to track all of
> them, and in the case of Doom, a 5 year old software, it mostly let
> go.

Chris Emig

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
Ha! Not any more. ;-)

Chris

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Erik-Jan Schroder wrote:

> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:09:41 -0500
> From: Erik-Jan Schroder <tud...@prodigy.net>

> Newsgroups: rec.games.computer.doom.misc
> Subject: Re: need doom, doom2, or doom 95
>

> "peter" <dus...@sprint.ca> wrote in message

> > can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions of doom,
> > doom2 doom95, thanks

Lei Gao

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:22:00 GMT, "MåTT W¡££¡åM§"
<Matt-W...@home.com> wrote:

>> >randomly, everytime the program is run. You have to call
>> >a sales rep, and recite the number on the screen to him/her
>> >to get the password to unlock the game). No one is going
>> No ture there, a crack came out for Quake full because the encrypted
>> vesion was included on the CD. It seems to work for Doom too.
>

>Good luck finding that program. It seems to have completed disappeared from
>existence. Besides, the Doom's and even Quake cost between $5 - $15. With
>CD, you're guaranteed customer support and you'll have a back up in case you
>upgrade your system or OS.

Hey you can search for it and get it anywhere. The algrithrom isn't
very hard. But that's beyond the point. Back ups are stupid, just copy
one to a CD (burn) or a zip disk.

>> >will make it about 3 times larger). Your ISP won't
>> >like this one bit, and you and the sender risk getting
>> Our isp is happy for us to send 200 meg over the net. Hey they have
>> hard lines that sends at over 100 mbs per sec. I don't know what ISP
>> you're using AOL??
>

>Most ISP's would not appreciate binaries being posted to these newsgroups.
>Also, I doubt any ISP encourages users to distribute warez and pirated
>software.

Sure they can't stop you though. They aren't obliged either. You can
always get free news servers who are more than happy to provide you
all the binaries newsgroups. Just request doom, domm 2, ultdoom, quake
or quake 2 in alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.games, and people will laugh
at you for not having it, but will happily upload it, and possibly in
bits and pices. Get Fote Agent, and you shall have no problem or even
Out Look Express in fine.

>> >caught and sued for a huge amount of money by ID
>> >software, especialy if the server(s) gets crapped
>> >up by the binary. No one is going to give you an FTP
>> Not true there. Many are not sued. It is impossible to track all of
>> them, and in the case of Doom, a 5 year old software, it mostly let
>> go.
>

>Not everyone is smart enough to figure out how to hide their IP address and
>are very easy to track down.

They don't search for it, they can't detect you for uploading a file
or downloading a file. If they want to catch people, they'll first get
the groups. Any way there are a lot of games that one can download,
like newer and 200 megs.

>Matt

MåTT W¡££¡åM§

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
True but still.. don't morals mean anything?

Matt

"Lei Gao" <keyou***@starpower.net> wrote in message

bala...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
In article <3ijh7s4gpj5auied3...@4ax.com>,

Lei Gao <keyou***@starpower.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 09:50:35 GMT, bala...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >In article <01bf43e9$cabeb500$378a6395@dustan>,
> > "peter" <dus...@sprint.ca> wrote:
> >> can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions
of
> >doom,
> >> doom2 doom95, thanks
> >>

> >****Begin standard full Doom request reply form****
> >Version 1.2
> >
> > If you want the full version of Doom/Doom2, go to your
> >favorite software store, or goto www.idsoftware.com and
> >order a copy. You can even download a full, encrypted
> >copy and unlock it with your credit card (don't bother
> >asking for the password to decrypt it scince it changes
> >randomly, everytime the program is run. You have to call
> >a sales rep, and recite the number on the screen to him/her
> >to get the password to unlock the game). No one is going
> No ture there, a crack came out for Quake full because the encrypted
> vesion was included on the CD. It seems to work for Doom too.
> >to send you the full version of Doom because it's too
> >big to upload, and it's illegal to do so. Plus, text
> >encoding makes the file size 3 times or more larger.
> Partial true.
> >
> >A binary needs to be encoded to upload via e-mail or
> >Usenet, and most e-mail/usenet systems don't like 15 meg
> >files (Doom is 5 megs compressed, and text encoding
> Heard of RAR?? It can split things into 1.44 meg or 2.88 megs. COme to
> think of it any thing you chose.

Um.. That is still sending a total 5 megs of compressed data
(balloned to 15 megs), and due to disk limitaions of some ISPs,
you still risk filling up the disk space to the point the server
begins bouncing messages. If the e-mail server allows people
to temporarly go over quota, you could wind up causing other
users messages to bounce, thus causing the system administrator
to investigate.

> >will make it about 3 times larger). Your ISP won't
> >like this one bit, and you and the sender risk getting
> Our isp is happy for us to send 200 meg over the net. Hey they have
> hard lines that sends at over 100 mbs per sec. I don't know what ISP
> you're using AOL??

Some ISPs (especialy smaller ones) still have tight restrictions
on e-mail/disk space. My old shell account allowed only 10
(permanent) megs total for eevrything (email, web pages, etc.), and
this was only a few years ago.

> >caught and sued for a huge amount of money by ID
> >software, especialy if the server(s) gets crapped
> >up by the binary. No one is going to give you an FTP
> Not true there. Many are not sued. It is impossible to track all of
> them, and in the case of Doom, a 5 year old software, it mostly let
> go.

Again, if the e-mail server gets filled and starts bouncing
messages, and the administrator has to go through files and
delete stuff so everyone else can use it, they may find the
5meg file and investigate it.

Lei Gao

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00

Again I uses cable, where they allow me to send about 200-300 megs
through the pipes

MåTT W¡££¡åM§

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
> > Again, if the e-mail server gets filled and starts bouncing
> >messages, and the administrator has to go through files and
> >delete stuff so everyone else can use it, they may find the
> >5meg file and investigate it.
>
> Again I uses cable, where they allow me to send about 200-300 megs
> through the pipes

I too use cable but my ISP (@Home.com) has the alt.binaries.* newsgroups set
to only hold messages posted for the past couple of hours. It's obvious
that they can not afford to have people posting binaries all the time;
especially to non-binaries newsgroups such as most of the DOOM newsgroups
that people frequent.

Matt

Len Pitre

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00

Sort of OT: Now that the UDP has been brought to bear against @Home, do you
think their policies will change for the better?

Len

--
Pointless SIG file.
Homepage: http://www.doomshack.com/thearchon/

plateshutoverlock

Mar 16, 2022, 2:41:24 PM3/16/22
On Saturday, December 11, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, peter wrote:
> can anyone tell me a few sites where i can download full versions of doom,
> doom2 doom95, thanks

If you do that, the content police will come to your house,
stick a black bag over your head, and take you to the
overseas prison.

After you die, you will burn in hell forever and ever and ever
and ever because you sinned in this manner.

H1M3M

Dec 19, 2023, 9:03:25 AM12/19/23
Oh, I thought the thread was about which version of Doom was better,
which brought some nasty memories of Doom II for Windows 95. It would
run at 320x200 with square pixels, so it was more like 320x240 with
black borders and everything looking squashed.

Also, it never felt as smooth as the Dos version, but... Sigh. It was
the only version available to me at the time.

Marco Cawthorne

Dec 20, 2023, 3:09:15 AM12/20/23
H1M3M wrote:
> Also, it never felt as smooth as the Dos version, but... Sigh. It was
the only version available to me at the time.

I heard there's still people swearing by Doom95.
Wonder if any of them are on here...

H1M3M

Dec 20, 2023, 3:58:44 AM12/20/23
I probably could get it to run in my retro PC to see how it stands
today, although it may be a bit too beefed up at the moment (Pentium MMX
200mhz, 48MB ram and a CF to IDE adapter for quickily swapping between
multiple OSes.

The biggest improvement I could see was not having to deal with Dos
mouse drivers, but it felt so weird looking compared to Native 320x200
on a CRT.

Ant

Dec 21, 2023, 2:32:02 AM12/21/23
"And again, Isaiah says, 'The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him.'" --Romans 15:12. Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas / Season's Greetings!
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Ant

Dec 21, 2023, 6:02:04 PM12/21/23
Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> H1M3M <wip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Marco Cawthorne wrote:
> > > the only version available to me at the time.
> > >
> > > I heard there's still people swearing by Doom95. Wonder if any of
> > > them are on here...
> > >
> > I probably could get it to run in my retro PC to see how it stands
> > today, although it may be a bit too beefed up at the moment (Pentium MMX
> > 200mhz, 48MB ram and a CF to IDE adapter for quickily swapping between
> > multiple OSes.

> > The biggest improvement I could see was not having to deal with Dos
> > mouse drivers, but it felt so weird looking compared to Native 320x200
> > on a CRT.

Weird. My post was incomplete. Anyways, I remember playing Doom 95 and it made my audio so much better with way more channels with my SB 16 ISA!

cr0c0d1le

Jan 4, 2024, 8:31:26 AMJan 4
What's so great about Doom95?

Ant

Jan 4, 2024, 2:01:29 PMJan 4
It ran in Windows natively with minor improvements like higher screen resolutions, audio (e.g., more channels), etc. back then. https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom95
--
"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now..." ???Philippians 1:4-5. >8 hrs. of Z with 1 pee brk.