Best DOOM (1-2) clients for Internet multiplayer especially cooperative/co-op.?

Ant

Aug 15, 2010, 10:25:36 AM8/15/10
Hi DOOMers!

Now that old classic DOOM (1-2) are released on Steam, what are the best
DOOM clients to use for Internet multiplayer, especially
co-operative/co-op.?

A few years ago, I tried Doomsday. I loved its graphic and audio engine
with their addons (e.g., high textures), but its online play was lacking
and I couldn't find people to play with especially with co-op. I looked
at other clients, but I didn't like the old sprites and MIDI. Are there
anything else I missed?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Even the wishes of a small ant reach heaven." --Japanese
/\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)

Jim

Sep 15, 2010, 1:31:40 PM9/15/10
"Ant" <phi...@earthlink.netANT> wrote in message

> Hi DOOMers!
>
> Now that old classic DOOM (1-2) are released on Steam, what are the best
> DOOM clients to use for Internet multiplayer, especially
> co-operative/co-op.?
>
> A few years ago, I tried Doomsday. I loved its graphic and audio engine
> with their addons (e.g., high textures), but its online play was lacking
> and I couldn't find people to play with especially with co-op. I looked at
> other clients, but I didn't like the old sprites and MIDI. Are there
> anything else I missed?
Skulltag has an OpenGL renderer. Not as fancy as Doomsdays but there is a
hi res texture and model pack you can use with it.
http://forums.yaa.dk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=69
http://www.skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24238
Put those in the skins folder.

Ant

Sep 21, 2010, 2:56:42 PM9/21/10
> > Now that old classic DOOM (1-2) are released on Steam, what are the best
> > DOOM clients to use for Internet multiplayer, especially
> > co-operative/co-op.?
> >
> > A few years ago, I tried Doomsday. I loved its graphic and audio engine
> > with their addons (e.g., high textures), but its online play was lacking
> > and I couldn't find people to play with especially with co-op. I looked at
> > other clients, but I didn't like the old sprites and MIDI. Are there
> > anything else I missed?

> Skulltag has an OpenGL renderer. Not as fancy as Doomsdays but there is a
> hi res texture and model pack you can use with it.
> http://forums.yaa.dk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=69
> http://www.skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24238
> Put those in the skins folder.

Thanks. Yeah, not very pretty like Doomsdays. :(
--
Quote of the Week: "Lay a stick of bubble gum on an anthill for instant Siamese Ant Twins." --unknown
/\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)

| |o o| |

\ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting,
( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.

Korwin

Feb 4, 2015, 12:24:40 PM2/4/15
On Sunday, 15 August 2010 17:25:36 UTC+3, Ant wrote:
> Now that old classic DOOM (1-2) are released on Steam, what are the best
> DOOM clients to use for Internet multiplayer, especially
> co-operative/co-op.?

Zandronum - http://zandronum.com/download

cr0c0d1le

Jan 4, 2024, 8:32:26 AMJan 4