Minimal DOOM2.WAD file?

Dave Branton

May 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/4/95
I was just wondering if it is possible to create a minimal DOOM2.WAD file that
only has the textures and things in it. If this is possible it should knock
about 7 meg off it's huge size.

Anyway, can it be done?

-Dave

| Dave Branton : d...@cs.bham.ac.uk | "I'm cancelling my driving test, |
| Birmingham University | walking back to happiness..." |
| (But don't blame them) | -(Jimbob) |

Scott Benner

May 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/4/95
Dave Branton (d...@cs.bham.ac.uk) wrote:
: I was just wondering if it is possible to create a minimal DOOM2.WAD
: file that only has the textures and things in it. If this is possible
: it should knock about 7 meg off it's huge size.
: Anyway, can it be done?
: -Dave

I don't believe so. If Doom2.Exe starts without ALL of the Sprite names,
it crashes... Also, you'll need the fonts and stuff for lettering, levels
could probably be loaded separate, but dunno... Try browsing it with NWT
to see what exactly is inside the .Wad first, then you'll get a better
idea of what you're thinking of doing...

Brian Munson

May 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/4/95
I believe that there exists a reject optimized Doom2 wad on cdrom.com

The file name is dm2opt.zip. I have a where it is.

Brian

Frans P. de Vries

May 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/5/95
Brian Munson (bmu...@gladstone.uoregon.edu) wrote:
} I believe that there exists a reject optimized Doom2 wad on cdrom.com
} The file name is dm2opt.zip. I have a where it is.

ftp://{INS site/path HERE}/levels/doom2/d-f/dm2opt.arj

The same for DOOM is at:
ftp://{INS site/path HERE}/levels/doom/d-f/dm1opt.arj

where {INS site/path HERE} is a DOOM ftp site, eg. ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames
--
Frans P. de Vries | f...@xymph.iaf.nl | Rec.Games.Computer.Doom FAQ maintainer

estacion...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2012, 2:22:43 PM6/30/12
Hello guy´s I need de dm2opt.zip file, not exist a download file in Idgames server, please guy´s i need optimized a wad file for DooM2, thanx :)